|Game/SP News & Comments For general game and Sorcerer's Place news, including your comments on them. All the news items posted here also appear on our front page.|
|Tue, 28th Mar '06, 4:49pm||#1|
Shake K. DeFreest, Obsidian's NWN2 Community Manager, has posted the sixth issue of community update. Here's what his opening post says:
This weeks update will be short and sweet. We dont have a lot of news this week but what we do have is what everyone has been waiting for, the opening of the official site.
NWN2.com will go live Tuesday, March 28th at 12:00 PM PST!
So go ahead set your set your clocks to stun and your URL's to kill. The site is finally done and we're ready for take off!
Thanks for your patience with this, and thanks for staying excited about it!
And now this weeks Q&A with the team...
1) How much of the creatures will we be able to randomize? And can we limit the randomization? For example, setting up randomly spawning orcs with strength scores ranging (randomly) between 12 and 20.
Charles Mead: There may be an ability to randomize the scale of creatures. Iím not familiar w/ any other ability to randomize creatures.
2) Will we see both gender models for various humanoid monsters (liches, minotaurs, yuan-ti, etc?)
Chris: Some have gender models (vampires), but liches, for example, do not. We were able to get a lot of monster types done, but we were not able to do all gender variations. You can make children versions of most monsters, however, through scaling.
3) Will animals automatically attack druid or ranger unless he uses animal empathy? Will animal empathy affect more than one animal?
Chris: No, wild animals will still attempt to attack you unless you charm or empathize. Animal empathy at last check will only do one target, but we're still balancing, so it's not set in stone.
4) Is there gonna be a better way to simple ADD special abilities directly to an individual creature without having to make it a part of their hide/natural weapons?
Charles Mead: Creatures can be given feats, skills, and spells just like in Neverwinter Nights 1.
5) It has been said that in the toolset you will be able to create templates of multiple placeables which can then be placed as a group. Will this same methodology be used for creature building? For example will you be able to group a set of properties, similar to special quality types in the Monster Manual, and apply it to a creature as a group?
Charles Mead: The attributes of multiple creatures can be modified simultaneously.
Trace the ensuing discussion at BioWare.