1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jedi & Sith Kits V1.1 Released.

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Tal Rasha, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

----------------
    What Changed
    ----------------
    V1.1 Changes:
    * Compatible with bgt-weidu now.
    * Fixed some small bugs.
    * Re-balanced the Force Powers.
    * Re-balanced the Lightsaber Forms.

----------------
    I. About
    ----------------
    This mod will introduce two fighter kits Jedi and Sith, who are from Star Wars, into your game. They will give you a new fantastic adventure experience. This mod requires ToB installed.

----------------
    II. Kits Description
    ----------------
    ******Jedi Kit****
    The Jedi are well known for their talent in manipulating The Force. Their Force powers can penetrate magic resistance. The Jedi are good at fighting with lightsabers, but can not fight in armors.

Advantages:
    -Gain Jedi gears automatically.
    -Immune to fear at 4th level, immune to disease at 8th level, immune to control at 12th level, immune to confusion at 16th level, immune to level drain at 21st level.
    -Gain +1 AC bonus every 6 levels starting at 1st level.
    -Gain one Force point every 3 levels starting at 1st level.(One Force point can use any of your learned Force powers once.)
    -Learn a new Force power every 2 levels starting at 1st level and ending at 19th level.
    -Learn a new lightsaber form every 3 levels starting at 1st level and ending at 19th level.(You can use your lightsaber to change the forms at will.)
    -Can learn new HLAs.

Disadvantages:
    -Can not use any armor and headgear in the game.
    -Can not use any missile weapon.
    -Can only gain 2 stars at bastard sword, two-handed great sword, short sword. Can only gain 1 star at katana, scimitar, dagger. Can not gain any star at non-bladed weapon. Can only gain 2 stars at two weapon style.
    -Can not learn the following fighter HLAs: Greater Whirlwind Attack, Power Attack, Critical Strike, Smite, Hardiness, War Cry. And can only learn the other figher HLAs no more than 5 times.
    -Can not be dual-class.

******Sith Kit****
    The Sith are much like the Jedi, except for they believe in the dark side of The Force while the Jedi believe in the light side of The Force.

Advantages:
    -Gain Sith gears automatically.
    -Immune to fear at 4th level, immune to poison at 8th level, immune to charm at 12th level, immune to confusion at 16th level, immune to death magic at 21st level.
    -Gain +1 AC bonus every 6 levels starting at 1st level.
    -Gain one Force point every 3 levels starting at 1st level.(One Force point can use any of your learned Force powers once.)
    -Learn a new Force power every 2 levels starting at 1st level and ending at 19th level.
    -Learn a new lightsaber form every 3 levels starting at 1st level and ending at 19th level.(You can use your lightsaber to change the forms at will.)
    -Can learn new HLAs.

Disadvantages:
    -Can not use any armor and headgear in the game.
    -Can not use any missile weapon.
    -Can only gain 2 stars at bastard sword, two-handed great sword, short sword. Can only gain 1 star at katana, scimitar, dagger. Can not gain any star at non-bladed weapon. Can only gain 2 stars at two weapon style.
    -Can not learn the following fighter HLAs: Greater Whirlwind Attack, Power Attack, Critical Strike, Smite, Hardiness, War Cry. And can only learn the other figher HLAs no more than 5 times.
    -Can not be dual-class.

*****p.s.*****
    1> Only human, half elf, elf, gnome can select the two kits.
    2> A Jedi has five ranks: Initiate, Padawan, Jedi Knight, Jedi Master, Jedi Grand Master. A Sith also has five ranks: Minion, Acolyte, Sith Warrior, Sith Lord, Sith Dark Lord.
    3> Jedi and Sith change their alignments by their reputation. If the reputation of your Jedi is too low, he/she will become a Fallen Jedi. If he/she continues to decrease his/her reputation, he/she will become a Sith. If the reputation of your Sith is too high, he/she will become a Exiled Sith. If he/she continues to increase his/her reputation, he/she will become a Jedi.

Download it

2. dweaver Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I just downloaded this mod. I was wondering, is it compatable with BGTutu? I note that the kits show up in BG2, but not in BGTutu. That would be really great!

I'm off to play...:D

Dew

P.s. I just answered my own question! I extracted the files to my BGTutu folder and ran the set up. Ta-da! Jedi and Sith from level 1! Now to play...

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  3. Acrux Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Thanks, I really enjoy this one - especially when I'm wanting to play as a paladin, but don't see a kit that fits my character.

4. dweaver Gems: 1/31

FYI on the BGTutu for Jedi or Sith...

I start out the game with a "magical weapon in use" effect on me! :confused:

Thus I cannot remove the short lightsaber...and my forms are disabled (the bag Icon to switch forms is greyed out). Of course, at level one, I only have the Form I available... I haven't played past Candlekeep though, maybe it'll go away...

Starting a BG2 game and importing (at level 1) at least doesn't give you that Magical Weapon in Use effect...and I get both lightsabers, short and long..

Curious...

Dew

5. dweaver Gems: 1/31

An update on my game progress...not that anyone seems to care.;)

The "magical weapon in effect" went away upon reaching level 6 (padawan level) and receiving my long lightsaber. Or maybe it happened because I was fighting that super undead knight outside the Ulcaster ruins and he does that funny time thing...I suspect the former though.

In any event, mass heal, haste, and a true sight (doesn't dispell mirror images though, odd) are awesome for my party! At a -7 AC, most things have trouble hitting me! (padawan robes, Imoen's present to me [necklace +1, and not magical!], ring of protection +1, medium shield +1, 19 dex). Pity I won't be a Jedi Knight in BGTutu, have to wait till SoA for that. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.