1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New Blizzard (and Fallout) Forums

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] http://www.sorcerers.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55

As you can see, we have a brand new forum, dedicated solely to the games made by Blizzard. Given that most of us are fans of at least one Blizzard game (series), I'm certain that the forum will see good activity from now on. If anyone has any questions or comments, post them here.

(We'll be moving any remaining Blizzard game threads from TP and DNR into the new forum shortly.)

2. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

So that's where my Diablo II thread got to. ;)

Hopefully StarCraft II will be out by Christmas. :love:

3. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Here's to the Blizzard forum! :beer:
    Good idea.

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm glad to see that this new forum doesn't have that annoying "Forum Guidelines" sticky.

A "no holds barred" forum! Finally!!

(/me goes off to break some rules)

:p

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The basic stickies didn't serve much of a purpose apart from the forum description in most forums, but since this can now be added on top of every forum, we'll just move any relevant info there in the near future.

6. Taluntain

Media:
  7. JT Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Coming soon... gold box games forum?

(I can dream)

8. Taluntain

Media:
    If anyone was actually playing them, why not... but I don't think we've had even a dozen threads about the Gold Box games here in all the years.

9. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I'd love to find the gold box games playable on the modern PC...

10. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Doubt it'd be worth creating a sub-forum for the Gold Box games. I think the last thread about them was started by me, and that was over a year ago. As for finding them, some of them are on Ebay, but they're selling as collector's items (>$150). Finding a legal copy nowadays would be very hard, but not impossible. As for playing them, DosBox does the trick nicely.

:yot:Actually looking around they're not that hard to find... there's a few editions of the Silver Archive (which contains the Gold Box games, among other goodies) on Amazon. The particular one I linked to ships to Canada, there are cheaper ones and you could ask if they're willing to ship to Ontario. There are multiple compilations as well: "SSI Gold Package", "Forgotten Realms Silver Archive" and "AD&D Masterpiece Collection" (there may be others) all have the old SSI games in various combinations.

11. XwaRazzX Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

CLAN WFC!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone!
    This is =WFC=Razz[D2] here from wfc of course!
    If anyone is interested in joing a clan let me know!
    We are a totally LEGIT clan no Bots, Maphack, ETC.
    If you would like to know a lil info on WFC message me!

Thanx Guys!
    =WFC=Razz[D2]:)

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Perhaps SP could cover Age of Decadence? Seeing that Fallout 3 and Blizzard's stuff are now being covered, my objections to it being covered here seem irrelevant, and it looks like a significantly better RPG than, well, everything else about to be released in the forseeable future.

13. Taluntain

Media:
    No objections to coverage from me, but I fear that it'd be way too niche to attract any attention...

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well, SP covering it would at least help it along in that regard :p Not giving it attention because it won't get attention would be unfortunately self-fulfilling. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.