Donations
GOG.com
Sorcerer's Place Home | Chatrooms | BoM Rules & FAQ
Sorcerer's Place Stores: Games, Books, DVDs, Merchandise
(buying via these links & our affiliated stores below helps support the site - thanks!)

Have you liked us yet?
Sorcerer's Place on Facebook

Boards o' Magick BoM Blogs!

Go Back   Boards o' Magick > Site-related Forums > Sorcerous Sundries

Notices

Sorcerous Sundries For posts dealing exclusively with Sorcerer's Place, Boards o' Magick and their specific residents. If you have any questions or comments about the site, chatrooms or boards, post them all here. Hello's and goodbye's also go here.

PLEASE SUPPORT SORCERER'S PLACE BY BUYING FROM OUR NEW SHOP!

Old Sat, 9th Aug '08, 7:17pm   #1
Taluntain Points for Posts
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

Like: 309
Liked 183 Times in 116 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 54,217
Level: 58
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnEverybody Loves Me!Wanna Share
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Taluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant future
BoM - How do I do X? How does Y work?

I get quite a few random questions about various board features via PM, so it'd probably make sense to have a thread for all such small or not so small questions so that others can benefit from it as well.

One typical question I get is about the reputation, or rather how you can see who gave you positive or negative reputation over a certain post.

If you are a regular (non-SPS) board member, you will not be able to see who gave you what reputation UNLESS the reputation giver signs their user name inside the reputation comment itself.

If you are an SPS account holder, however, you can ALWAYS see who gave you what reputation in the same place where you see the reputation comments (the User CP).

If anyone would like any further clarification or wants to ask any other questions about any other board features, do make use of this thread - that's what it's here for.

Join the Sorcerer's Place page!
Taluntain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, 9th Aug '08, 11:21pm   #2
Disciple of The Watch
Preparing The Coming of The New Order

Like: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 16,245
Level: 36
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements FamousBronzed Blogging God(dess)Wanna ShareJunior BloggerBlogbie
Disciple of The Watch is just really niceDisciple of The Watch is just really niceDisciple of The Watch is just really niceDisciple of The Watch is just really niceDisciple of The Watch is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to Disciple of The Watch Send a message via AIM to Disciple of The Watch Send a message via MSN to Disciple of The Watch Send a message via Yahoo to Disciple of The Watch Send a message via Skype™ to Disciple of The Watch

Yup, I do have one question for ya - if I shoot you a couple more submissions, can I get the PDN switch I asked you some time ago?
Old Sun, 10th Aug '08, 12:39am   #3
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnEverybody Loves Me!Wanna Share
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Taluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant future

Sorry, but no - if I did it for you, I'd have to do it for anyone else that'd want it too. User name changing will remain a SPS feature for now. What I can do, however, is to make an exception and set you up with a 2-week SPS account for 5 bucks. That'll give you more than enough SPS time to handle the user name change and a bit extra. Just make a custom sum donation of $5 if you want to go for this.

Old Fri, 15th Aug '08, 12:18am   #4
Alura
Gems: 1/31
Latest gem: Turquoise

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 466
Level: 7
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Alura is on a distinguished road

Just a quick question (not really sure where to ask)...

How do I respond to visitor messages on my profile? I've been wanting to say something there, but can't figure out how to.
Alura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, 15th Aug '08, 12:32am   #5
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

You just can't do it yet because I believe I've set it to require 15 posts before users can post to profiles. This is to prevent spammers registering and then spamming their own or other people's profiles. Once you've made 15 public posts, you'll be able to respond there. So just post in some of the random threads in Whatnots or other forums and you should get to 15 in no time.

Old Sun, 7th Sep '08, 4:45pm   #6
The Great Snook
Gems: 30/31
Latest gem: King's Tears

Like: 51
Liked 100 Times in 56 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 11,782
Level: 31
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnWanna ShareJunior Blogger
The Great Snook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Great Snook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Great Snook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Great Snook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Great Snook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Great Snook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Great Snook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Great Snook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Great Snook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Great Snook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Great Snook has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a way to inbed YouTube vidoes into visitor messages?
Old Sun, 7th Sep '08, 6:52pm   #7
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Currently, it's disabled, same as the IMG tag. I didn't think there'd be a need for it, though now that I think about it, images would make sense there, and videos probably too. Just curious, in what context would you post a video?

Old Sun, 7th Sep '08, 6:57pm   #8
The Great Snook

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnWanna ShareJunior Blogger
The Great Snook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Great Snook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Great Snook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Great Snook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Great Snook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Great Snook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Great Snook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Great Snook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Great Snook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Great Snook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Great Snook has a reputation beyond repute

To post links to some of my favorite videos in my profile
Old Sun, 7th Sep '08, 7:39pm   #9
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

OK... it'd probably make more sense to post them in your blog though. Content-wise, you can do more with your blog than with your profile here.

In any case, you can post pictures and videos both in blogs and visitor messages now (and also in albums and social groups).

Old Wed, 10th Sep '08, 9:41pm   #10
LKD
Gems: 31/31
Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Like: 40
Liked 49 Times in 35 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 16,899
Level: 37
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!
LKD has a reputation beyond reputeLKD has a reputation beyond reputeLKD has a reputation beyond reputeLKD has a reputation beyond reputeLKD has a reputation beyond reputeLKD has a reputation beyond reputeLKD has a reputation beyond reputeLKD has a reputation beyond reputeLKD has a reputation beyond reputeLKD has a reputation beyond reputeLKD has a reputation beyond repute

I have searched both the old and new boards, but cannot find a thread that I am sure I saw here about 5 years ago. It was about "real ultimate power" and was a (faux?) news article about a kid who really loved ninjas and his mom wanted to sue some game company for encouraging the kid to do stupid stunts. It was hilarious and I'd really like to find it -- can anyone help me out? I'm not that great a searcher for stuff like that.

EDIT: I found the website, but I remember we discussed it here and some of the comments were pretty funny. Help me find the thread if you can.

Last edited by LKD; Wed, 10th Sep '08 at 9:47pm. Reason: typo
LKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, 10th Sep '08, 11:13pm   #11
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

http://www.sorcerers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17235 ?

There are several other mentions of "real ultimate power", mostly in Whatnots and Whatnots Archives. Search those forums for "real ultimate power" (yes, with the quote marks, that looks for a specific phrase).

Old Mon, 27th Oct '08, 7:05pm   #12
The Great Snook

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Can we get images/pictures into threads? I've seen a button to do it on the blogs, but not in threads.
Old Mon, 27th Oct '08, 7:24pm   #13
Blackthorne TA
SPS Account Holder
Administrator
Master in his Own Mind

I believe it is disabled for the forums because we don't want to clutter up the threads with a lot of images of varying sizes and shapes.

You can put them in your blog or photo album and then link to them in a thread...
Old Tue, 28th Oct '08, 12:19am   #14
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Yea, that's a workaround for now. I'll put image implementation for posts on the to-do... it'll probably take a bit of tweaking of the default, but it's all doable now so there's no really big argument against allowing images in posts any more.

Old Sun, 2nd Nov '08, 12:38am   #15
The Great Snook

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

I may be crazy, but I could swear I saw the image icon on the boards a couple of days ago, but I don't see it anymore.
Old Sun, 2nd Nov '08, 3:48pm   #16
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

It hasn't been enabled for all the forums yet, but soon.

Old Sat, 13th Dec '08, 10:31am   #17
MagicPot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 309
Level: 6
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements BlogbieHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
MagicPot is on a distinguished road

How can I get a different look for the forum? The lavender is not very manly.
MagicPot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, 13th Dec '08, 6:38pm   #18
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

I'm sorry that the colours aren't to your liking, but we don't have any alternative themes at the moment. This is really the first time that anyone has complained about the look...

Old Sat, 13th Dec '08, 7:33pm   #19
Splunge
SPS Account Holder
Bhaal’s financial advisor

Location: In hiding after Bhaal became Lord of Murder when I had him put everything into subprime mortgages.
Like: 22
Liked 111 Times in 78 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 16,460
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Splunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond repute

Lavender? I see a few shades of violet/blue, but no lavender.
Old Sat, 13th Dec '08, 9:05pm   #20
8people Points for Confirmed Friends
SPS Account Holder
8 is just another way of looking at infinite

Like: 77
Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 19,641
Level: 39
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements To Read Me is To Love MeFamousBronzed Blogging God(dess)Wanna ShareJunior Blogger
8people has a brilliant future8people has a brilliant future8people has a brilliant future8people has a brilliant future8people has a brilliant future8people has a brilliant future8people has a brilliant future8people has a brilliant future8people has a brilliant future8people has a brilliant future8people has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to 8people Send a message via Yahoo to 8people

Lavender??

Have you perhaps been adjusting settings for your profile? Or perhaps have a rather weak monitor?

After four posts you feel your manliness is compromised?

Last edited by 8people; Sat, 13th Dec '08 at 9:06pm. Reason: Hang on a sec...
8people is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, 13th Dec '08, 9:08pm   #21
olimikrig
SPS Account Holder
Distinguished Member
Mod Reviewer
Cavalier of War

Like: 34
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 4,571
Level: 21
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnHappy Anniversary!BoM Experienced
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
olimikrig will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to olimikrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8people View Post
After four posts you feel your manliness is compromised?
LMAO
Old Sat, 13th Dec '08, 11:22pm   #22
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

There are so many shades of violet/lavender that you could certainly call the post background colour lavender. Viewed at the proper settings, of course.

Old Sun, 14th Dec '08, 12:19am   #23
MagicPot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 309
Level: 6
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements BlogbieHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
MagicPot is on a distinguished road

Hey, I was only asking a question.
Lavender is a versatile color with a broad range and many different variants.
MagicPot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, 19th Jan '09, 4:07pm   #24
Kitrax
Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 19,779
Level: 39
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Wanna ShareJunior BloggerBlogbieNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!
Kitrax has much to be proud ofKitrax has much to be proud ofKitrax has much to be proud ofKitrax has much to be proud ofKitrax has much to be proud ofKitrax has much to be proud ofKitrax has much to be proud ofKitrax has much to be proud ofKitrax has much to be proud of

Forgive my stupidity, but after reading this: http://www.sorcerers.net/forums/faq....vb3_reputation
I have to ask, how many rep points does it take to get a green box?
Also, I've never seen anyone here with a red box...are we just a bunch of nice guys, or is this feture diabled?
Old Mon, 19th Jan '09, 4:28pm   #25
Splunge
SPS Account Holder
Bhaal’s financial advisor

Location: In hiding after Bhaal became Lord of Murder when I had him put everything into subprime mortgages.
Like: 22
Liked 111 Times in 78 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 16,460
vBActivity - Bars
Splunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond repute

You start off with one green box, and then get an extra box for every 100 rep points you receive.

I have no idea on your second question. How about if we get everyone to give you negative rep and see what happens?