Donations
GOG.com
Sorcerer's Place Home | Chatrooms | BoM Rules & FAQ
Sorcerer's Place Stores: Games, Books, DVDs, Merchandise
(buying via these links & our affiliated stores below helps support the site - thanks!)

Have you liked us yet?
Sorcerer's Place on Facebook

Boards o' Magick BoM Blogs!

Go Back   Boards o' Magick > General Gaming Forums > The Forum of Holding > Fallout Series

Notices

Fallout Series For posts concerning the Fallout series of games (Fallout 1-4, New Vegas, their expansions, spin-offs and DLC).

PLEASE SUPPORT SORCERER'S PLACE BY BUYING FROM OUR NEW SHOP!

Old Sun, 14th Dec '08, 4:13am   #1
Caradhras
I may be bad... but I feel gooood!

Like: 9
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 10,422
Level: 30
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Junior BloggerBlogbieNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM Experienced
Caradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud of
Default Fallout 3: caravan guard (sort of)

I've tried something new tonight, I had a new character who being low level was very careful about roaming the Wasteland so I thought that it wouldn't be such a bad idea to have him follow a caravan.

It turned out to be quite funny as well and it's a great way to explore with a character who is either low level or non violent.

My trip started from Megaton and we almost made it to Arlington Library:
Spoiler!

Funny that these guys who circle the DC wasteland can't really survive even with a little help from the Vault Dweller.
Old Sun, 14th Dec '08, 7:33am   #2
Dice Points for Social Group Discussions
Gems: 31/31
Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Like: 70
Liked 71 Times in 44 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 11,637
Level: 31
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Bronzed Blogging God(dess)Wanna ShareJunior BloggerBlogbieNew Delivery
Dice is a jewel in the roughDice is a jewel in the roughDice is a jewel in the roughDice is a jewel in the rough

Hehe ... what a great idea. I'll have to try it when I start up a new game. So how long do those guys stick around in one place anyway?
Dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, 14th Dec '08, 1:33pm   #3
Caradhras
I may be bad... but I feel gooood!

Like: 9
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 10,422
Level: 30
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Junior BloggerBlogbieNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM Experienced
Caradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud of

The best place to catch them is Megaton, from what I've seen they leave at dusk. I don't think they stay for long in any given place. In fact when I tried this yesterday they hardly ever stopped (well they did have a chat with Outcasts).

I have to try it again, low level is better because it means enemies are less powerful and the caravan can survive longer.

I should have left the caravan before they got killed but I didn't feel like reloading after that happened. I hope I won't run out of caravans though (the one I lost is Hoff's).