1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Create Creature?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by coineineagh, Apr 11, 2009.

1. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Does anyone know how I can spawn creatures?

I'm playing Icewind Gate 2, Weimer's beta conversion of Baldur's Gate 2 into the Icewind Dale 2 engine. So far all has been going swimmingly, but I'm now at the most difficult transition in the game, in terms of coding. It's a dream sequence with Imoen and Sarevok, just after Irenicus appears in Spellhold.

Basically, I need to get Sarevok to within view of Imoen, so she blurts out her line. If I talk with or attack Sarevok before that, CRASH! The walkthrough writer just advises you to keep reloading until Sarevok somehow appears inside Candlekeep instead of outside. But I don't see that happening anytime soon:rolleyes:, and Sarevok won't follow me inside either.

So my plan is very simple: materialize a new Sarevok indoors, within sight of Imoen. I'm pretty sure it will work too.
    But this stupid cheat console won't let me create even the lowliest of goblins; it's one command I've never gotten the hang of. Can someone help me figure out how to get the blasted create creature command to work, please?:o

The cheat command lists all state:
    Spawn given creature: ctrlaltdelete:createcreature("[creature number]")
    but what exactly this 'creature number' means, I don't know:hmm:.
    After some digging in NearInfinity, I found _PPBHAAL.CRE file in the override folder. It further states in the file that the name is 'ppbhaal f4r3b8'
    So far, I've tried every concievable combination of these two code names, separate, together, with spaces, underscores, you name it. All I get is the standard 'Command not found : CREATECREATURE' in reply:wail:. Any help would be reeeaalllllyy welcome.

2. coineineagh

Media:
    [​IMG] Seriously, nobody atall knows? Nobody has ever managed to create a creature with the cheat console?:jawdrop: The createcreature command was always assumed to be valid in IWD2, but actually it doesn't work? Wow. Then it's about time it was mentioned!

I'm gonna try something different now. Charming bhaal didn't work (yeah it's Bhaal in the dream, not Sarevok. Oops), but I think I figured out what goes wrong, and makes the game crash:
    When I ctrl+Y killed the bhaal creature (doesn't help me progress:mad:), I noticed that it dropped a bow and arrows. This changes its tactics: It will fire arrows when hostile instead of following you into Candlekeep. The moment it does that, there's a weird conflict in the animation. The bow emerges from bhaal's chest, and the game crashes.:( Guess bhaal/sarevok's animation wasn't designed to handle ranged weapons.

So I'm gonna try and edit the bow and arrows out of _PPBHAAL.CRE and see if it helps.

Later: Well that didn't work. Now the dream sequence crashes upon loading:o.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  3. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I'm running on the old BG2 game and I use cluaconsole:createcreature("X") where X is the creature title/number. I used this in debug mode I think. I don't know if this works at all the same in Icewind Dale though.

4. coineineagh

Media:
    [​IMG] Yeah the createcreature command works properly in BG2; I used it to get me out of megamod conflicts there. It's just striking that the command was assumed to be valid in IWD2 for all these years, and nobody reported that it doesn't work!:rolleyes:

I'm in a real impasse here:wail:. I really need to get Imoen to speak her last line, so that I can progress past this annoying dream sequence. Can anyone tell me what command can be used to trigger dialogue?

EDIT: I found this in Bhaal's dialogue:
    But it... it is weak and will not help again! You are empty inside! There is nothing within... but the instinct! (StrRef:67226)
    And in the Action screen:
    SetGlobal("AsylumPlot","GLOBAL",31)
    DisplayString(Player1,67199) // Starting CutScene _CUT41I.bcs
    StartCutScene("_CUT41I")

I tried SetGlobal, but it doesn't solve the problem. The other codes aren't valid cheat commands. Maybe if I jump to Irenicus' area (AR0190 in IWG2), I can continue the dialogue... I'll just keep trying;)

NEW EDIT:
    I did it guys!:p
    I simply edited the _PPBHAAL.DLG dialogue file to trigger the actions listed above after the first talk with Bhaal, instead of the last. I think I'll include the altered file in my next IWD2_4dummies, in which I plan to include Icewind Gate on top of all IWD2 mods I'm using. That way everyone can enjoy a mega install with none of this hassle. I'm also gonna include an altered LISTSPLL.2DA file, so that the Additional Druid Spells can be used.:D

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  5. merlac Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Sorry about reviving this (semi-)old thread, but as I remember from using the console in BG1 and BG2 the commands are case sensitive. So this might be the case in IWD2 too and instead of "ctrlaltdelete:createcreature" you might have to type "CtrlAltDelete:CreateCreature". I can't test this at the moment since I'm still waiting for my ordered game to be delivered.

6. coineineagh

Media:
    I'm afraid that didnt work for me either. I'm pretty sure that create creature is a non-functioning cheat in IWD2:(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.