Donations
GOG.com
Sorcerer's Place Home | Chatrooms | BoM Rules & FAQ
Sorcerer's Place Stores: Games, Books, DVDs, Merchandise
(buying via these links & our affiliated stores below helps support the site - thanks!)

Have you liked us yet?
Sorcerer's Place on Facebook

Boards o' Magick BoM Blogs!

Go Back   Boards o' Magick > General Gaming Forums > Role-play Corner

Notices

Role-play Corner Your first stop for the magic and mystery of online role-playing! This forum is for everyone wanting to participate in our forum-based or IRC campaigns.

PLEASE SUPPORT SORCERER'S PLACE BY BUYING FROM OUR NEW SHOP!

Old Sun, 25th Oct '09, 7:41pm   #1
Elwithral Irenicus
Gems: 20/31
Latest gem: Garnet

Like: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 3,082
Level: 17
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Happy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh Meat
Elwithral Irenicus is on a distinguished road
Default Orsraun Mountains - OOC

So.. I figured we needed one of these.

I am confused.. Am I Renic? Has Justice come for me? Hence Malar attacking?

Confusion ensues.
Old Sun, 25th Oct '09, 7:46pm   #2
Elwithral Irenicus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Happy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh Meat

Nevermind, I completely understand. I apologize for my foolishness. But regardless, here commences the official OOC thread for them there Mountains.
Old Mon, 26th Oct '09, 12:50pm   #3
Loreseeker
A believer in knowledge

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 4,057
Level: 20
vBActivity - Bars
Loreseeker is a jewel in the roughLoreseeker is a jewel in the roughLoreseeker is a jewel in the roughLoreseeker is a jewel in the rough

Hi - may I join the game, too?

If so - anything in particular I should know about it (setting, rules)? (If there was a thread discussing these, I've missed it, sorry.)
I've read the game thread so far.
Old Mon, 26th Oct '09, 5:32pm   #4
Dalamar Maximus
Gems: 11/31
Latest gem: Bloodstone

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,268
Level: 12
vBActivity - Bars
Dalamar Maximus is on a distinguished road

hey loreseeker. El and I just wanted to post again like the old days, so we decided we would. The biggest thing we've thought about, is no saving the world battle after battle scenes. Battle scenes are fun, but when there are too many, and monsters just pop out of no where that's where threads lose interest. What we're thinking is, go solo for a bit. Explore your character, don't make him static and classic. Do things that are risky.

Right after this "meeting" with El and Scot, I am going to restart my hunt. Scot thought about being the creature who I was hunting, if that tickles your fancy. PM me, just because i would like to know what i am hunting.
Old Mon, 26th Oct '09, 5:33pm   #5
Dalamar Maximus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Scot PM'd us, El and I are best friends, so we didn't need an OCC thread. But with new arrivals, this is the only other thread about it. you missed nothing.
Old Mon, 26th Oct '09, 5:34pm   #6
Scot
The Small One

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 2,768
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Awards Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Scot will become famous soon enough

Yes, Elwithral is Renic, and Justice has come for him. Welcome Loreseeker, maybe we can get an RP that will last a good long time. It seems so far that our characters are all very powerful beings that used to be more powerful. But anything would go.
Scot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, 26th Oct '09, 6:32pm   #7
Loreseeker
A believer in knowledge

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars
Loreseeker is a jewel in the roughLoreseeker is a jewel in the roughLoreseeker is a jewel in the roughLoreseeker is a jewel in the rough

Ok, thank you all. I'll go think up a char - hopefully joining tomorrow (I'm supposed to be in the lab now). No problems with keeping it solo for a while.
Old Mon, 26th Oct '09, 6:44pm   #8
Dalamar Maximus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Yeah, Malar was once a very powerful magic user, and soul collector. It became an addiction for both Malar and Vaa'iyl, but now both are trying to quit cold turkey. Malar has had a little bit more success in quitting, but this new encounter might trigger some flashbacks.
Old Sat, 31st Oct '09, 12:50am   #9
Elwithral Irenicus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Loreseeker! Loving everything you do! Just thought you should know.
Old Sat, 31st Oct '09, 2:59am   #10
Loreseeker
A believer in knowledge

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Aww... Thank you. *blushes a bit*

I'm having great fun with this game. Glad to have joined.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:
Shouldn't post at 3am, dead tired, it seems. Didn't put a whole number of things I wanted to.
Including a praise or two:

For me, the whole thread is a pretty great read.
I love to "riff off" from Scot's posts. He's excellent at introducing Fun Stuff Happening, IMO. Easy to follow from there. So, nice job, Justice

And what I was going to post about:

When Noma mentions that Justice came in the wake of the falling star, she simply means the sequence of events in time / similarity in space, not some metagame implementation of knowing that he followed the falling star. She doesn't know that (yet, hopefully).

Also, I'm thinking that due to the never mended soul-wound she has, Noma is rather physically leaving a faint trail of loss/sorrow/spirit anguish behind her, like blood drops or bread crumbs. (Might be useful when we get to "chars crossing paths" stage at some point in the future) Unless someone objects to this trail idea, of course

Last edited by Loreseeker; Sat, 31st Oct '09 at 8:48pm. Reason: poor thinking last time around
Loreseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, 5th Nov '09, 3:09am   #11
Dalamar Maximus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

hmmm i like that. Malar has become a tracker, as a kind of "getting back to normal job" thing. Maybe you'll need tracking later in the future. i am really glad how this thread is turning out. i miss the old days of Roleplay Corner's Golden Days.
Old Thu, 5th Nov '09, 11:06am   #12
Loreseeker
A believer in knowledge

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Dalamar and Elwithral: How would you feel about meeting the Other Guy from Noma's tribe (which really needs a name...) ? I know you're running your own storyline and I don't want to interfere with it, since we are doing rather snazzy so far, but if you ever feel like it, I'd be happy to play him out for you, NPC fashion. (Of course, feel free to play him out yourself too.)

A few more notes:
You guys probably know that Loyal Fury is Torm. The "place of infinite places" Noma mentions is the Abyss, so she did some Planewalking, even if she is Clueless about all that jazz.

Side note:
I think that Noma has a solid grip on Astral (of all places) - probably arrived to the mountains through a colour pool on her way back from Abyss, where the paladin died. She is most certainly a Prime, though. It would be snazzy if it were a two way pool, since she knows where it is and could give us a nice jump point if we ever feel like taking a spin in the Astral. After all, it's the deadbook of the Powers. Just a stray thought.

Oh, and none of the things I type out here have a Now label. Just random ideas for some point out in the future. Hope I'm not boring you to death.
Old Thu, 5th Nov '09, 2:25pm   #13
Scot
The Small One

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Awards Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!

Nice ideas!
Old Thu, 5th Nov '09, 7:03pm   #14
Dalamar Maximus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

i enjoy both ideas....... the other man from your tribe what is he like? Malar is being watched, I was going to make it a small random encounter. (I wanted to have a fight scene, just for kicks) but i couldn't find the right story. like why would he be ambushed on the top of some mountain. i still want to finish my hunt, i have some ideas that i want to pull through. Malar is a neutral character, and i want to explore both sides.
Old Fri, 6th Nov '09, 8:41am   #15
Loreseeker
A believer in knowledge

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Well, I'm guessing the other guy (calling him Rahir in my head, but any name works) is Not a Nice Person, at all. Other then that, anything goes. Have fun.

(Vaguely: he could have stolen a part of the fallen star and collects rare potential spell ingredients - like wings of celestial creatures but seriously, I don't know much about him at this stage, so make him anything you need him to be.)
Old Fri, 6th Nov '09, 10:48pm   #16
Dalamar Maximus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

what is Noma's tribe called? I like your writing, but I don't feel like i really know enough about them to write about a character. I would probably need you to act as an NPC if i were to meet him. If that's alright with you? i just don't want to mess around with your really awesome idea.
Old Sat, 7th Nov '09, 2:51am   #17
Loreseeker
A believer in knowledge

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

It's alright with me. When you meet him, put it in IC and I'll act him out, sure.

As for the tribe name... uh, tough one. Not sure yet. They definitely need it so I'll think it up real soon, promise. (I take forever with names, in general.)

EDIT:

Her tribe name is Sonauli.

Also, my last post should probably have been two posts, but I liked the idea too much and couldn't wait. Sorry.

Last edited by Loreseeker; Sat, 7th Nov '09 at 3:50am.
Old Sun, 8th Nov '09, 3:45am   #18
Dalamar Maximus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Just to be sure it was Dalamar who broke this guy's arm? Alora died about three or four hundred years before, I guess these Elves hold a grudge. Hahaha
Old Sun, 8th Nov '09, 4:09pm   #19
Scot
The Small One

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Yes, either Dalamar or Alora, or maybe in the chase he fell out of a tree and broke his arm, as Dalamar and Alora were pulling their punches. And yes, they do hold a grudge.

@ Loreseeker, Justice has accepted Noma's offer of belief/bounding, even if he is not quite sure what it is or how it works. Let me/him know if anything else is required.

Last edited by Scot; Sun, 8th Nov '09 at 4:28pm.
Old Mon, 9th Nov '09, 4:33am   #20
Dalamar Maximus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

understandable, the story before was in Yuirwood, quite a ways away from Orsraun Mountains. I was going by the map, but no worries, I have no doubt Dalamar wasn't causing trouble in other places of the world. Malar's young rash youth I suppose.
Old Mon, 9th Nov '09, 10:23am   #21
Loreseeker
A believer in knowledge

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Scot: At this time, Noma is merely solidifying Belief for Justice to use, with no actual bond formed. This is temporary "when needed" boost source.
The bond would make her far more powerful - and allow her to channel far more Belief for Justice, but bonds are serious business for Sonauli, and she doesn't want Justice to feel obligated to accept, or to think that she was merely looking for another person to link with. She isn't offering a bonding, atm.

Right now, basically, she is using her own belief, and probably the belief of the child, to give Justice a place to draw power from. He doesn't have to do anything about it.
The only downside, that I can see so far, is that this Belief has nothing to do with the Law Giver - Sonauli empower the recipients of their Belief, whoever they are, mortal or not. Or in other words, this could be viewed as an act of rebelion/independence from Justice - a step away from Law Giver, especially from other celestials. Not that it's the case - only a possible interpretation.

Noma is giving Justice a way to utilize belief, without a need for a patron Power. Consider her (and her people) capacitors for Belief - capable of borrowing it to anything. Creatures empowered this way are far, far less powerful then deities, of course, but get a fair amount of power. (so I'm guessing Sonauli aren't popular with Powers much )

Hope I didn't ramble too much here.

EDIT:

Dal, feel free to spot/confront Rahir. If not, I'll have him initiate the meeting soon, whatever works better for you.

Last edited by Loreseeker; Mon, 9th Nov '09 at 11:14am. Reason: on Rahir
Old Tue, 10th Nov '09, 3:13am   #22
Dalamar Maximus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Him initiating would be best. Malar is trying to be non confrontational.
Old Thu, 12th Nov '09, 9:16am   #23
Loreseeker
A believer in knowledge

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Is Malar still following the trail of his prey, or did he just walk away in a different direction?
Old Thu, 12th Nov '09, 7:39pm   #24
Dalamar Maximus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

following the prey.
Old Fri, 13th Nov '09, 4:25am   #25
Dalamar Maximus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

is Rahir going after Farguah aswell?