Donations
GOG.com
Sorcerer's Place Home | Chatrooms | BoM Rules & FAQ
Sorcerer's Place Stores: Games, Books, DVDs, Merchandise
(buying via these links & our affiliated stores below helps support the site - thanks!)

Have you liked us yet?
Sorcerer's Place on Facebook

Boards o' Magick BoM Blogs!

Go Back   Boards o' Magick > General Gaming Forums > The Forum of Holding > Fallout Series

Notices

Fallout Series For posts concerning the Fallout series of games (Fallout 1-4, New Vegas, their expansions, spin-offs and DLC).

PLEASE SUPPORT SORCERER'S PLACE BY BUYING FROM OUR NEW SHOP!

Old Mon, 30th Aug '10, 12:23am   #1
Nakia
SPS Account Holder
Distinguished Member
The night is mine

Like: 74
Liked 35 Times in 21 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 12,562
Level: 32
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Junior BloggerBlogbieNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM Experienced
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Nakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to Nakia Send a message via Skype™ to Nakia
Tilde Key overridden by HP W7/Vista

I have a Hewlett Packard computer with Windows 7 Purchased Feb. 2010 so it is fairly new.

In both Oblivion and Fallout 3 the Tilde key that accesses the console is overridden. On Bethesda they say something about detaching something from the USP. For Oblivion there was a mod "Gods Ring" I believe it was called that made it possible to access the Console with out doing whatever Bethesda is talking about. Sorry I didn't write down the exact information but can get it if necessary.

Does anyone know if there is a similar mod for Fallout 3?

Nakia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, 30th Aug '10, 10:51pm   #2
Merlanni
SPS Account Holder

Like: 31
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 5,304
Level: 22
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Posting GodNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!
Awards New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!
Merlanni is a jewel in the roughMerlanni is a jewel in the roughMerlanni is a jewel in the roughMerlanni is a jewel in the rough

I did some digging but not conclusive as to this is it

One said:

Go to the 'my documents/my games/oblivion' folder and find the oblivion.ini file. Find the line bAllowConsole, and see what it's set to. It should be 1

An Other suggested to check the language of the keyboard.

A third spoke about a media centre sensor that caused it. take out the usb plug begore starting Oblivion.

You can try these and hopefully it works. Trying does not hurt.
Merlanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, 5th Sep '10, 1:23am   #3
Nakia
SPS Account Holder
Distinguished Member
The night is mine

Like: 74
Liked 35 Times in 21 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 12,562
Level: 32
vBActivity - Bars
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Nakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to Nakia Send a message via Skype™ to Nakia

Quote:
A third spoke about a media centre sensor that caused it. take out the usb plug begore starting Oblivion.
This seems to be the answer for both Fallout and Oblivion the thing is I have no idea where this item is located or USB port to disconnect. I assume it is interior as I see nothing exterior that I didn't hook up.

Thank you for trying to help. Oblivion does have a mod that corrects the problem but I haven't found one for Fallout yet.

Last edited by Nakia; Sat, 11th Sep '10 at 10:22am.
Nakia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, 5th Sep '10, 6:55pm   #4
Merlanni
SPS Account Holder

Like: 31
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 5,304
Level: 22
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Posting GodNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!
Awards New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!
Merlanni is a jewel in the roughMerlanni is a jewel in the roughMerlanni is a jewel in the roughMerlanni is a jewel in the rough

Some spoke of a remote on some HP machines
Merlanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, 7th Oct '10, 1:07am   #5
Caradhras
I may be bad... but I feel gooood!

Like: 9
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 10,432
Level: 30
vBActivity - Bars
Caradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud of

I have the same problem on one of my computers and I've been out of luck so far. I've been told of a fix:

Quote:
I also use Windows Vista, and I learned that the IR scanner (not even sure what it's called, the USB cord that goes with the Windows Media Center remote) will actually make the console for Oblivion and Fallout 3 not work.

All you have to do is just unplug the receiver and the console SHOULD work again. Hope it helps. =)
I haven't bothered doing it as I just use the Geck to get what I need in game but that may work (provided you can unplug the cord of course).

EDIT: I've found the mod (but I haven't tested it yet) check this link! FOSE is needed.

Last edited by Caradhras; Sat, 9th Oct '10 at 3:03pm.
Caradhras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, 13th Oct '10, 12:00pm   #6
Caradhras
I may be bad... but I feel gooood!

Like: 9
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 10,432
Level: 30
vBActivity - Bars
Caradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud of

I've stumbled on this mod: Console Key Binder. It looks like it could be a better way to solve this problem with the console.