Donations
GOG.com
Sorcerer's Place Home | Chatrooms | BoM Rules & FAQ
Sorcerer's Place Stores: Games, Books, DVDs, Merchandise
(buying via these links & our affiliated stores below helps support the site - thanks!)

Have you liked us yet?
Sorcerer's Place on Facebook

Boards o' Magick BoM Blogs!

Go Back   Boards o' Magick > D&D Games Forums > Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn

Notices

Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn For posts concerning the second part of the Baldur's Gate saga without the Throne of Bhaal expansion installed. (Check out our BG2 Online Walkthrough). Posting anything ToB-related should not be done in this forum. If you start a thread with ToB content, it will be moved to our ToB forum.
NOTE: If you have installed the BG1Tutu or BG Trilogy mods, or intend to play with them installed, you should be posting in our ToB forum!

PLEASE SUPPORT SORCERER'S PLACE BY BUYING FROM OUR NEW SHOP!

Old Thu, 7th Apr '05, 7:54pm   #1
Wordsmith
Gems: 2/31
Latest gem: Fire Agate

Like: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 485
Level: 7
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Wordsmith is on a distinguished road

I recruited HaerDalis relatively early on in my new game, and I wanted to explore the bard stronghold quest. Problem is, I don't think many people have played through this specific quest, and walkthroughs concerning it are few and far in between. I don't want to make mistakes since you have to wait 7 game days to see the results of your choices. Anyone have a Bard stronghold walkthrough? Thanks in advance.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, 7th Apr '05, 7:59pm   #2
Ancient Galatan
Gems: 10/31
Latest gem: Zircon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,415
Level: 12
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Ancient Galatan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ancient Galatan

You can't play a certain stronghold if your character is not of the class that belongs to it.
So only your main character can play a stronghold.
But there is a hack available wich enables you to play all strongholds, no matter what class, race or gender.
Ancient Galatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, 7th Apr '05, 8:07pm   #3
Wordsmith
Gems: 2/31
Latest gem: Fire Agate

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 485
Level: 7
vBActivity - Bars
Wordsmith is on a distinguished road

@ Ancient

You can download the Ease-Of-Use mod to play all strongholds, which I have done.

The playhouse consists of making choices about which play to perform, which actor to enlist, etc.

Does anyone have access to a FAQ or walkthrough for the Bard stronghold? Thanks in advance.

edit- nevermind, I found it after a long search. Download Dan Simpson's new BGII and ToB walkthrough here

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index.php

and there is a Stronghold section. It is a little obscure, but anyone can find it through the text.

[ April 07, 2005, 19:23: Message edited by: Wordsmith ]
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, 7th Apr '05, 8:25pm   #4
T2Bruno Points for Reputation (Received)
SPS Account Holder
The only source of knowledge is experience

Like: 41
Liked 132 Times in 100 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 22,972
Level: 42
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!
Awards New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!
T2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond repute

I personally like seeing how my choices effect the outcome (probably why I think PS:T is the best RPG ever). Usually using common sense prevails in almost all the side-quests in BG2. The correct choice should be very obvious for the Bard stronghold. However, an extremely detailed walkthough was written by Dan Simpson (which included the strongholds). I couldn't find it here but it is at gamefaqs.com.

Edit: your post went up while I was writing mine. Long search? Only 13 minutes passed from the time you started this post...
T2Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, 7th Apr '05, 8:58pm   #5
Scythesong Immortal
Gems: 19/31
Latest gem: Aquamarine

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 2,755
Level: 17
vBActivity - Bars
Scythesong Immortal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The correct choice should be very obvious for the Bard stronghold.
It's actually not that obvious, unless you have precognitive talents.
In my earlier games I had to tinker with some choices (extensively, at some point)to find out if they improved the play or not.

Edit

[ April 07, 2005, 20:10: Message edited by: Scythesong Immortal ]
Scythesong Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, 7th Apr '05, 9:11pm   #6
JSBB
Titan of the Tundra

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 8,632
Level: 28
vBActivity - Bars
JSBB is on a distinguished road

I have to agree with Scythesong on this one. The other strongholds are pretty much cut and dried - this choice looks evil, that looks good type things but with the playhouse you have to make decisions like whether to give the main role to the older experienced actress or the younger and prettier one, who should be allowed to make changes to the play's script etc. It is not always obvious and quite frankly given that you only know the final outcome after making a large number of such choices it would be pretty hard to tell what choice had what effect without peeking at the games code or using a walkthrough.
JSBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, 8th Apr '05, 1:32am   #7
Chas
Searching ...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,889
Level: 14
vBActivity - Bars
Chas is on a distinguished road

Mike's RPG Center has a guide for all the strongholds.

http://www.mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate2/subquests.html
Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, 9th Apr '05, 5:45pm   #8
Ziad
I speak in rebuses

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 9,206
Level: 28
vBActivity - Bars
Ziad is a glorious beacon of lightZiad is a glorious beacon of lightZiad is a glorious beacon of lightZiad is a glorious beacon of lightZiad is a glorious beacon of light

@JSSB: actually, some choices are made simple by the design: go for whichever choice costs more money, and it's usually the best one I took this approach simply because everything else in the game seemed to follow this "more is better" approach. Also, the best play requires a good deal of creative risks, though this will not be obvious for a first-timer (I did take many, but only realized they were indeed the best after looking at Dan Simpson's walkthrough). The unpredictability makes it one of the most fun strongholds IMO.
Ziad is offline   Reply With Quote