Donations
GOG.com
Sorcerer's Place Home | Chatrooms | BoM Rules & FAQ
Sorcerer's Place Stores: Games, Books, DVDs, Merchandise
(buying via these links & our affiliated stores below helps support the site - thanks!)

Have you liked us yet?
Sorcerer's Place on Facebook

Boards o' Magick BoM Blogs!

Go Back   Boards o' Magick > Site-related Forums > Sorcerous Sundries

Notices

Sorcerous Sundries For posts dealing exclusively with Sorcerer's Place, Boards o' Magick and their specific residents. If you have any questions or comments about the site, chatrooms or boards, post them all here. Hello's and goodbye's also go here.

PLEASE SUPPORT SORCERER'S PLACE BY BUYING FROM OUR NEW SHOP!

Old Wed, 3rd Nov '10, 2:15pm   #101
Nakia
SPS Account Holder
Distinguished Member
The night is mine

Like: 74
Liked 35 Times in 21 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 12,574
Level: 32
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Junior BloggerBlogbieNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM Experienced
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Nakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to Nakia Send a message via Skype™ to Nakia

So how do we go about this contribute thing? Send donation to SP and Tal takes care of it or what?

I have a PayPal account I guess people could send contributions maked for Kitrax to it. I call a flowest and arrange a proper flower arrangement. Mixed colors if I do that quiete really gets to me.

Nakia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, 3rd Nov '10, 3:00pm   #102
Morgoth
SPS Account Holder
La lune ne garde aucune rancune

Like: 10
Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 8,473
Level: 27
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Morgoth has much to be proud ofMorgoth has much to be proud ofMorgoth has much to be proud ofMorgoth has much to be proud ofMorgoth has much to be proud ofMorgoth has much to be proud ofMorgoth has much to be proud ofMorgoth has much to be proud ofMorgoth has much to be proud ofMorgoth has much to be proud of

That is completely fine with me Nakia
Old Wed, 3rd Nov '10, 3:11pm   #103
Aldeth the Foppish Idiot
Mod Reviewer
Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking

Froggster Champion! Gold Miner Champion! Straw Game Champion! Tubin Champion! Worm Catcher Champion!
Like: 29
Liked 54 Times in 45 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 30,266
Level: 47
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!
Aldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond repute

While I certainly cannot travel cross country to attend the funeral personally, I will certainly be willing to contribute.
Old Wed, 3rd Nov '10, 3:16pm   #104
Nakia
SPS Account Holder
Distinguished Member
The night is mine

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Nakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to behold

Checked Profile. Registered users should be able to see my SKYPE name and my yahoo address. Yahoo and msn conect with each other. Don't know about other messengers.

If I hit all the right buttons you should be able to see the info. Could some check and let me know if it works?

About contribution it is up to Tal what he wants to do but I just don't think the whole burden should fall on him, BTA, DMC and Beren. Sure they are getting plenty of totally unecessary PMs.

We are family we help if we can.

Old Wed, 3rd Nov '10, 4:39pm   #105
T2Bruno Points for Reputation (Received)
SPS Account Holder
The only source of knowledge is experience

Like: 41
Liked 131 Times in 99 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 22,959
Level: 42
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!
Awards New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!
T2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond repute

You can find Kit's obituary here, I've posted it below.

Aaron Buzard 1984 ~ 2010

The Kenneth and Della Buzard family is saddened to announce the passing of their youngest son and brother Aaron Joseph Buzard. Aaron returned to our Heavenly Father on Monday, November 1, 2010. Aaron suffered from depression for some time. Aaron received an Associates degree in Electronic Engineering from ITT Tech in December of 2009. He worked for Fairchild Semi Conductor for five years. Aaron requested that we "dwell on his life and not his death". Funeral services will be held on Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 11:00 a.m., at the Park 3rd Ward (4800 West 7000 South), with a viewing from 10-10:45 at the church. Interment West Jordan City Cemetery. Online condolences can be sent to www.jenkins-soffe.com

I must admit, the reality of this hits harder seeing his picture next to the obituary.
Old Wed, 3rd Nov '10, 4:42pm   #106
Barmy Army
Simple mind, simple pleasures...

Like: 16
Liked 56 Times in 37 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 16,438
Level: 36
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryThe Popular OneParty of FiveThree's a CrowdI'm Not Alone!
Barmy Army has a reputation beyond reputeBarmy Army has a reputation beyond reputeBarmy Army has a reputation beyond reputeBarmy Army has a reputation beyond reputeBarmy Army has a reputation beyond reputeBarmy Army has a reputation beyond reputeBarmy Army has a reputation beyond reputeBarmy Army has a reputation beyond reputeBarmy Army has a reputation beyond reputeBarmy Army has a reputation beyond reputeBarmy Army has a reputation beyond repute

It's just such a pointless waste.
Old Wed, 3rd Nov '10, 4:46pm   #107
Splunge
SPS Account Holder
Bhaal’s financial advisor

Location: In hiding after Bhaal became Lord of Murder when I had him put everything into subprime mortgages.
Like: 22
Liked 111 Times in 78 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 16,459
Level: 36
vBActivity - Bars
Splunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting obituary - it hints pretty strongly at suicide being thecause of death, which is unusual to do in an obit. Nothing wrong with it, just different; at least it's an acknowledgement that there's no point in hiding from the truth.
Old Wed, 3rd Nov '10, 5:11pm   #108
mixdjjared
Gems: 1/31
Latest gem: Turquoise

Like: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 155
Level: 4
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Happy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh Meat
mixdjjared is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

I just wanted to post to you all and give you the Obit, but it looks like someone beat me to it.

I knew the real life version of Aaron, and didn't know him very well. I worked with is ex wife, but every time he came into work, he was very kind, always shook my hand, and was always a pleasure to have a conversation with.

I remember talking to him about wanting to throw a LAN party at my house as I am a geek. I regret that I was never able to get the party going. I also regret I didn't get to know him more. When the divorce was going on, I felt it best to not hang out with him or his ex as the last thing I wanted was to be in the middle.

It sad to hear of the choice he made Monday. Suicide is something very personal to me, as growing up as a fat kid and being bullied all my life I thought about it a lot. I am glad I chose not to and I am at a great point in my life.

Aaron will be missed by many and I hope the mourning process goes by smoothly for everyone.

I found this forum after someone posted on his facebook, I just thought I would bring a "real life" perspective for you as you never got to know him in person.

Have a great day all!
mixdjjared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, 3rd Nov '10, 6:46pm   #109
Caradhras
I may be bad... but I feel gooood!

Like: 9
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 10,445
Level: 30
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnJunior BloggerBlogbie
Caradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud of

I'd like to contribute as well. I've never used paypal and stuff but I do have a credit card. It saddens me to think about all the anguish he must have been through. He will be sorely missed that's for sure.
Old Wed, 3rd Nov '10, 8:29pm   #110
Taluntain Points for Posts
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

Like: 309
Liked 183 Times in 116 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 54,209
Level: 58
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnEverybody Loves Me!Wanna Share
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Taluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant future

Since so far nobody has confirmed their attendance at the funeral services, I'll go ahead and set up a donation page so that we can send flowers or help his family cover the funeral costs.

Join the Sorcerer's Place page!
Taluntain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, 3rd Nov '10, 9:11pm   #111
The Shaman
Gems: 28/31
Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Like: 5
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 7,052
Level: 25
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Junior BloggerBlogbieNew DeliveryI'm Not Alone!Happy Anniversary!
The Shaman is a splendid one to beholdThe Shaman is a splendid one to beholdThe Shaman is a splendid one to beholdThe Shaman is a splendid one to beholdThe Shaman is a splendid one to beholdThe Shaman is a splendid one to beholdThe Shaman is a splendid one to beholdThe Shaman is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to The Shaman Send a message via Skype™ to The Shaman

I just heard... by some irony of fate, I first saw the thread that he was gone, then that he had died, then that he announced he was ending his life. I don't know what to say... He was one of the guys who I associated with this place, and despite not knowing him very well I feel awful about it. I would not imagine how those who know him personally feel. My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.
The Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, 3rd Nov '10, 10:16pm   #112
Taluntain Points for Posts
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

Like: 309
Liked 183 Times in 116 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 54,209
Level: 58
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnEverybody Loves Me!Wanna Share
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Taluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant future

Anyone who would like to contribute towards sending flowers for Kit's funeral and/or (depending on how much we manage to raise) helping his parents with the funeral expenses can do so on this page via PayPal. Having a PayPal account is NOT required to donate - all you need is a credit card.

If you would like to send money some other way, please contact me via a private message.

All the remaining money that we raise will be forwarded to help with the funeral costs.

Join the Sorcerer's Place page!
Taluntain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, 3rd Nov '10, 11:00pm   #113
Déise
I am both happy and miserable, without the happy part!

Like: 1
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,736
Level: 13
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Happy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh Meat
Déise is just really niceDéise is just really niceDéise is just really niceDéise is just really nice

Thanks to Nakia and to Tal for arranging this. Very good of you both.
Déise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, 4th Nov '10, 12:11am   #114
Nakia
SPS Account Holder
Distinguished Member
The night is mine

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Thank you, Tal, my donation is made.

Old Thu, 4th Nov '10, 12:50am   #115
Cap'n CJ
Arrr!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 4,139
Level: 20
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements BlogbieNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!
Cap'n CJ is a splendid one to beholdCap'n CJ is a splendid one to beholdCap'n CJ is a splendid one to beholdCap'n CJ is a splendid one to beholdCap'n CJ is a splendid one to beholdCap'n CJ is a splendid one to behold

Me and Fairie have made a joint donation. Hopefully we can get something fitting
Old Thu, 4th Nov '10, 12:54am   #116
Silvery Points for Visitor Messages (Given)
I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not that nice

Like: 76
Liked 96 Times in 54 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 9,594
Level: 29
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Bronzed Blogging God(dess)Wanna ShareJunior BloggerBlogbieNew Delivery
Silvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to Silvery

Mine is from Rob and Ashley as well x
Old Thu, 4th Nov '10, 1:14am   #117
Caradhras
I may be bad... but I feel gooood!

Like: 9
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 10,445
Level: 30
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnJunior BloggerBlogbie
Caradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud of

My donation is made. I think Kit would have appreciated what you're doing Tal. Thanks.
Old Thu, 4th Nov '10, 1:21am   #118
Chandos the Red Points for Reputation (Given)
This Wheel's on Fire

Like: 6
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 21,272
Level: 40
vBActivity - Bars
Chandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Tal. I'm sure Kit's family will appreciate the good gesture from SP. I've made mine as well.
Old Thu, 4th Nov '10, 2:26am   #119
The Shaman
Gems: 28/31
Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Like: 5
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 7,052
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Junior BloggerBlogbieNew DeliveryI'm Not Alone!Happy Anniversary!
The Shaman is a splendid one to beholdThe Shaman is a splendid one to beholdThe Shaman is a splendid one to beholdThe Shaman is a splendid one to beholdThe Shaman is a splendid one to beholdThe Shaman is a splendid one to beholdThe Shaman is a splendid one to beholdThe Shaman is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to The Shaman Send a message via Skype™ to The Shaman

Thanks for organizing this.
The Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, 4th Nov '10, 4:13am   #120
Beren
SPS Account Holder
Moderator|Writer
Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer

Like: 2
Liked 32 Times in 26 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 7,240
vBActivity - Bars
Beren is just really niceBeren is just really niceBeren is just really niceBeren is just really nice

I just made a donation as well. The very least I could do.
Beren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, 4th Nov '10, 5:44am   #121
Rahkir
Cogito, ergo doleo

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,036
Level: 11
vBActivity - Bars
Awards Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Rahkir is just really niceRahkir is just really niceRahkir is just really niceRahkir is just really nice

Donated what I could; best wishes to his family.
Old Thu, 4th Nov '10, 8:39am   #122
Old One
SPS Account Holder
The Old Warrior

Like: 30
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,150
Level: 11
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Feeling OldGetting OnPosting GuruHappy Anniversary!BoM Experienced
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!
Old One will become famous soon enoughOld One will become famous soon enough

Donated what I could. I signed in today to ask Kit a question for the first time. Somehow wish I had not.
I liked his helpful and friendly way of acting when online. I am sorry he will not be here anymore.
Old One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, 4th Nov '10, 8:41am   #123
mordea
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 965
Level: 10
vBActivity - Bars
mordea will become famous soon enoughmordea will become famous soon enough

Damn.

I don't post on SS much. I clicked on this thread thinking that Kitrax had decided to move on from Sorcerers.net and his old life, and start afresh. This was the last thing I was expecting. It's like getting stomped on the face.

I don't frequent Sorcerers enough to say that I knew Kitrax's online persona well, but I gathered enough to know that he was a pretty cool guy, the sort of dude I'd want to have a beer with. He was quite a character, and wasn't afraid to say what was on his mind.

I also knew he was struggling with depression, but this is still a huge shock. It is so upsetting that someone of such character, and who had so much going for them, would be in so much pain to do this.
mordea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, 4th Nov '10, 9:50am   #124
Montresor
SPS Account Holder
Distinguished Member
Online Walkthrough Writer
Mostly Harmless

30k Starfighter Champion! Bomb Bandits Champion! Breakout Champion! Cutie Quake Champion! Driller Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Michu Champion! Treasure Hunt Champion! Driving Mad Champion! Moebius Syndrome Champion!
Like: 97
Liked 88 Times in 53 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 8,210
Level: 27
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements BlogbieParty of FiveThree's a CrowdI'm Not Alone!New Delivery
Montresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud ofMontresor has much to be proud of

Donation made. Thanks for organizing this.
Old Thu, 4th Nov '10, 2:17pm   #125
Aldeth the Foppish Idiot
Mod Reviewer
Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking

Froggster Champion! Gold Miner Champion! Straw Game Champion! Tubin Champion! Worm Catcher Champion!
Like: 29
Liked 54 Times in 45 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 30,266
Level: 47
vBActivity - Bars
Aldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond repute

Donation made. May I ask who the online persona is of the "Donation Coordinator"? I won't type out his full name here, in case he would prefer not to be identified. I do know the real names of several Board members, and so I know who it ISN'T in some cases, but just wondering...