Donations
GOG.com
Sorcerer's Place Home | Chatrooms | BoM Rules & FAQ
Sorcerer's Place Stores: Games, Books, DVDs, Merchandise
(buying via these links & our affiliated stores below helps support the site - thanks!)

Have you liked us yet?
Sorcerer's Place on Facebook

Boards o' Magick BoM Blogs!

Go Back   Boards o' Magick > Site-related Forums > Sorcerous Sundries

Notices

Sorcerous Sundries For posts dealing exclusively with Sorcerer's Place, Boards o' Magick and their specific residents. If you have any questions or comments about the site, chatrooms or boards, post them all here. Hello's and goodbye's also go here.

PLEASE SUPPORT SORCERER'S PLACE BY BUYING FROM OUR NEW SHOP!

Old Sun, 7th Nov '10, 3:50am   #176
CelticDream
I play well with others... others, not you

Like: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,358
Level: 12
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Getting OnBlogbieHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!
CelticDream is just really niceCelticDream is just really niceCelticDream is just really niceCelticDream is just really nice

Kit and I had some definite rough patches... didn't always get along but damn. A good life gone. Thanks DotW for letting me know. My thoughts and prayers for his friends and family. I'm deeply sorry this happened...
Old Sun, 7th Nov '10, 6:51am   #177
chocula
Gems: 1/31
Latest gem: Turquoise

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 180
Level: 4
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Happy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh Meat
chocula will become famous soon enough

Hello

Last time I spoke to my friend Aaron, he told me about this site knowing I was a fan of RPG games. Well, I recalled this after seeing some posts on his facebook recently from members of this forum. It inspired me to look this place up and perhaps even read through some of Aaron's old posts. I've known and been friends with him for most of my life. He was just an awesome person in so many ways; A bit of a teaser, but with a heart of gold. I remember one time years ago, he and I were hanging out at my house, and we heard a loud noise outside. We went to investigate, and found a nervous old woman pulled over in front of my driveway with a popped tire. She had gotten lost looking for the freeway, and was totally unfamiliar with the area. She was beginning to panic, but Aaron took charge and got to work right away in helping her out. We were around 13 and 14 at the time, and I had no idea how to change a car tire, but luckily he had picked it up from helping his dad. We jacked that car right up, changed the tire for this old woman, then called her family and Aaron gave them exact directions so they could pick her up. That was the kind of person Aaron was.

He had a great sense of humor, witty and sarcastic, as I'm sure many of you here know. I can't imagine he had an enemy in the world. Always loved him and his family.. Sooo many great memories..

I had the opportunity to bid my last farewell today at his funeral. He was loved very much.

Hope you guys here on this board never forget him
chocula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, 7th Nov '10, 12:27pm   #178
Nakia
SPS Account Holder
Distinguished Member
The night is mine

Like: 74
Liked 35 Times in 21 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 12,574
Level: 32
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Junior BloggerBlogbieNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM Experienced
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Nakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to Nakia Send a message via Skype™ to Nakia

Thank you, chocula, for sharing with us. Kitrax, as we called him, will not be forgotten. He spent hours in the FAI chat room helping me with my computer problems. He was always willing to take time from his busy schedule to help others.

chocula, I hope you will stick around. We have a lot going on and always have room for another family member.

Nakia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, 7th Nov '10, 1:37pm   #179
olimikrig
SPS Account Holder
Distinguished Member
Mod Reviewer
Cavalier of War

Like: 35
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 4,572
Level: 21
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnHappy Anniversary!BoM Experienced
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
olimikrig will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to olimikrig

Oh my God... I can't believe it .

RIP Kitrax, you will be missed.
Old Sun, 7th Nov '10, 2:31pm   #180
Harbourboy
Take thy form from off my door!

Like: 66
Liked 32 Times in 22 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 28,426
Level: 45
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Party of FiveNew DeliveryThree's a CrowdI'm Not Alone!Happy Anniversary!
Awards Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Harbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for sharing that memory, Chocula.
Harbourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, 7th Nov '10, 6:20pm   #181
Merlanni
SPS Account Holder

Like: 33
Liked 17 Times in 16 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 5,452
Level: 23
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Feeling OldGetting OnPosting GodNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!
Awards New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!
Merlanni is a jewel in the roughMerlanni is a jewel in the roughMerlanni is a jewel in the roughMerlanni is a jewel in the rough

It took me a day before I could post here. I am not sad, I am mad.
Merlanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, 7th Nov '10, 6:48pm   #182
T2Bruno Points for Reputation (Received)
SPS Account Holder
The only source of knowledge is experience

Like: 41
Liked 131 Times in 99 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 22,968
Level: 42
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!
Awards New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!
T2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond repute

Anger is a very understandable emotion -- as is sadness, frustration, disappointment, and even fear.
Old Sun, 7th Nov '10, 11:21pm   #183
Shoshino
Irritant

Alien Scum Slaughter Champion!
Like: 17
Liked 21 Times in 18 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 5,814
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Posting GodNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!
Shoshino has much to be proud ofShoshino has much to be proud ofShoshino has much to be proud ofShoshino has much to be proud ofShoshino has much to be proud ofShoshino has much to be proud ofShoshino has much to be proud ofShoshino has much to be proud ofShoshino has much to be proud of

has anyone noticed that his amazon wish list is still sitting at the top of this forum?
Shoshino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, 8th Nov '10, 1:38am   #184
Dave the Magic Turtle
They will see us waving from such great heights

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 2,483
Level: 16
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements BlogbieNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!
Dave the Magic Turtle will become famous soon enoughDave the Magic Turtle will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Dave the Magic Turtle Send a message via Skype™ to Dave the Magic Turtle

So I totally missed this on Facebook, but just caught up and thought I should come add my voice to the chorus of condolences. I won't share my opinions on the situation but I appreciate this is probably a hard time for all, the loss of a friend is always a time for reflection. It's been a while since I posted but this place and everyone on it has a special place in my heart, so yeah...before I ramble on too long.

My condolences.
Old Mon, 8th Nov '10, 1:59am   #185
Marceror Points for Thread Ratings Given
SPS Account Holder
Editor
Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps

Like: 33
Liked 136 Times in 107 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 6,280
Level: 24
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnThree's a CrowdI'm Not Alone!
Marceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud of

Oh my. I just saw this post, and read through nearly all of the 7 pages.

I knew Kitrax less than probably most of the people posting here, but I've been on Sorcerer's place for a long time, and as long as I've been here, he's been here. He was the kind of poster who was hard to miss. The few times I interacted with him, we were usually disagreeing about something.

But, he was a person, a real person whose real name I had learned over the years. I know, for example, that only one of his siblings showed for his wedding. He once posted a wedding picture, and made an unhappy comment about the no shows. Funny, but I always felt bad for him about that. I remember how shocked I was at just how willing he was to show "steamy" modeling photos of his new bride. I knew they were young, but they seemed happy, and I hoped they would manage to beat the odds.

I also remember seeing his posts about the separation and divorce. I really felt for Kitrax, and on a couple of occassions posted my support and condolences for what he was going through. He was one of the more open and honest individuals I think I've ever encountered, online or offline.

Like him or not, he had a certain spark that was apparent even on a message board. That spark, sadly, is now snuffed out. I am very saddened by this tragedy. Sometimes it feels like you just can't make it to tomorrow... but while those periods can come, they also pass, and usually bring something better, worth waiting for. It's just sad that Aaron wasn't able to see that in his final moments.

My deepest condolences to his friends and family.
Old Mon, 8th Nov '10, 4:21am   #186
Chandos the Red Points for Reputation (Given)
This Wheel's on Fire

Like: 6
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 21,273
Level: 40
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!
Chandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond repute

My heartfelt thanks to those of you who knew Kit in the real world and took the time and thought to tell us about him and share your expriences, since it only reinforces the feelings that all of us had for him within our community. Kit was a great member and always helpful and friendly towards everyone here. It's reassuring to know that he was exactly the same in real life towards those who were lucky enough to know him, as he was here on SP. Thank you for sharing with us.
Old Mon, 8th Nov '10, 8:15am   #187
chocula
Gems: 1/31
Latest gem: Turquoise

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 180
Level: 4
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Happy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh Meat
chocula will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marceror View Post
Oh my. I just saw this post, and read through nearly all of the 7 pages.

I knew Kitrax less than probably most of the people posting here, but I've been on Sorcerer's place for a long time, and as long as I've been here, he's been here. He was the kind of poster who was hard to miss. The few times I interacted with him, we were usually disagreeing about something.

But, he was a person, a real person whose real name I had learned over the years. I know, for example, that only one of his siblings showed for his wedding. He once posted a wedding picture, and made an unhappy comment about the no shows. Funny, but I always felt bad for him about that. I remember how shocked I was at just how willing he was to show "steamy" modeling photos of his new bride. I knew they were young, but they seemed happy, and I hoped they would manage to beat the odds.

I also remember seeing his posts about the separation and divorce. I really felt for Kitrax, and on a couple of occassions posted my support and condolences for what he was going through. He was one of the more open and honest individuals I think I've ever encountered, online or offline.

Like him or not, he had a certain spark that was apparent even on a message board.
That spark, sadly, is now snuffed out. I am very saddened by this tragedy. Sometimes it feels like you just can't make it to tomorrow... but while those periods can come, they also pass, and usually bring something better, worth waiting for. It's just sad that Aaron wasn't able to see that in his final moments.

My deepest condolences to his friends and family.

Yeah, I was supposed to be one of his groomsmen at his wedding, and I too, was unable to make it to Utah from California for the occasion. That didn't stop me from attending his funeral, however, which I could just visualize him saying: You didn't make it to my wedding, you better make my funeral, heheh.

You are so right about his honesty. He was always himself, never pretentious, never deceitful. Definitely a rare quality in this day and age. And that spark was recognized by all who knew him.

This seems like an excellent group of people here. Typically not a big fan of internet message boards, but you guys seem great. And I'm sure many of you here even knew a side to Aaron that I didn't. I'll try to drop in when I can!

Last edited by chocula; Tue, 9th Nov '10 at 9:37pm.
chocula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, 8th Nov '10, 10:55am   #188
Silvery Points for Visitor Messages (Given)
I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not that nice

Like: 76
Liked 96 Times in 54 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 9,595
Level: 29
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Bronzed Blogging God(dess)Wanna ShareJunior BloggerBlogbieNew Delivery
Silvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to Silvery

I still keep expecting him to pop up somewhere and say it was all a joke.
Old Mon, 8th Nov '10, 2:29pm   #189
Urithrand
SPS Account Holder
News Editor
Mind turning the light off? It plays havoc with my complexion.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 5,591
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Urithrand has a spectacular aura aboutUrithrand has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Urithrand

I miss his snarky comments on my facebook statuses terribly. I can only imagine how his friends and family must feel.
Urithrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, 9th Nov '10, 11:47am   #190
Taluntain Points for Posts
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

Like: 309
Liked 183 Times in 116 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 54,217
Level: 58
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnEverybody Loves Me!Wanna Share
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Taluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant future

We've raised $65 more since my last count, bringing the total to around $615.

Join the Sorcerer's Place page!
Taluntain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, 9th Nov '10, 5:40pm   #191
Harbourboy
Take thy form from off my door!

Like: 66
Liked 32 Times in 22 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 28,426
Level: 45
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Party of FiveNew DeliveryThree's a CrowdI'm Not Alone!Happy Anniversary!
Awards Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Harbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to beholdHarbourboy is a splendid one to behold

You guys rock.
Harbourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, 9th Nov '10, 5:42pm   #192
Blackthorne TA
SPS Account Holder
Administrator
Master in his Own Mind

Do you mean ~$715 or was the last ~$650 not the correct total?
Old Tue, 9th Nov '10, 6:08pm   #193
Taluntain Points for Posts
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

Like: 309
Liked 183 Times in 116 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 54,217
Level: 58
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnEverybody Loves Me!Wanna Share
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Taluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant future

Doh, you're right, it's $715 - my maths sucks. I don't think that I've mentioned that BTA has paid for the flowers (around $200) as his own generous donation, so the $715 is the total that we've gathered to help Kitrax's family pay for the funeral costs. This doesn't include my own donation yet (I'll probably round up what we collect to a nice figure).

Join the Sorcerer's Place page!
Taluntain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, 9th Nov '10, 6:28pm   #194
Nakia
SPS Account Holder
Distinguished Member
The night is mine

Like: 74
Liked 35 Times in 21 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 12,574
Level: 32
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Junior BloggerBlogbieNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM Experienced
Nakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to beholdNakia is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to Nakia Send a message via Skype™ to Nakia

Thank you for the update, Tal. Thank you, BTA, that is very generous of you.

I am very proud to be a part of Sorcerer's Place.

Nakia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, 9th Nov '10, 6:32pm   #195
Jathszu Khatharua
Gems: 9/31
Latest gem: Iol

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,047
Level: 11
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Jathszu Khatharua is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakia View Post
Thank you for the update, Tal. Thank you, BTA, that is very generous of you.

I am very proud to be a part of Sorcerer's Place.

I second that.
Jathszu Khatharua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, 9th Nov '10, 6:42pm   #196
Runescarred
Gems: 10/31
Latest gem: Zircon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,322
Level: 12
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements BlogbieHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Runescarred is a jewel in the roughRunescarred is a jewel in the roughRunescarred is a jewel in the roughRunescarred is a jewel in the rough

Ut supra.
Old Tue, 9th Nov '10, 6:52pm   #197
Silvery Points for Visitor Messages (Given)
I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not that nice

Like: 76
Liked 96 Times in 54 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 9,595
Level: 29
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Bronzed Blogging God(dess)Wanna ShareJunior BloggerBlogbieNew Delivery
Silvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant futureSilvery has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to Silvery

What she said ^^^
Old Tue, 9th Nov '10, 7:45pm   #198
Master of Nuhn
SPS Account Holder
Wear it like a crown

Like: 139
Liked 73 Times in 53 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 9,146
Level: 28
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnBlogbieThe Popular One
Master of Nuhn is a glorious beacon of lightMaster of Nuhn is a glorious beacon of lightMaster of Nuhn is a glorious beacon of lightMaster of Nuhn is a glorious beacon of lightMaster of Nuhn is a glorious beacon of lightMaster of Nuhn is a glorious beacon of light

That's great! Hopefully my PayPal account will be updated soon, so my donation can make it in time...
Old Tue, 9th Nov '10, 8:06pm   #199
Chandos the Red Points for Reputation (Given)
This Wheel's on Fire

Like: 6
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 21,273
Level: 40
vBActivity - Bars
Chandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond reputeChandos the Red has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think that I've mentioned that BTA has paid for the flowers (around $200) as his own generous donation, so the $715 is the total that we've gathered to help Kitrax's family pay for the funeral costs.
That's awesome! And very generous of you, BTA.
Old Tue, 9th Nov '10, 8:57pm   #200
Cap'n CJ
Arrr!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 4,140
Level: 20
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements BlogbieNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!
Cap'n CJ is a splendid one to beholdCap'n CJ is a splendid one to beholdCap'n CJ is a splendid one to beholdCap'n CJ is a splendid one to beholdCap'n CJ is a splendid one to beholdCap'n CJ is a splendid one to behold

Blimey BTA, very generous of you

Damn i'm proud to be a part of this place. It's like we've managed to gather the best bunch of people