1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kenshi - Impression & Q&A @ Leviathyn

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Apr 18, 2014.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]Leviathyn has posted a new preview of Kenshi, and they included a new Q&A with the game's Creator & Lead Developer Chris Hunt.

Where did idea for the game came from and telling us how long it's been in development? Where there any particular inspirations for this sort of sandbox gameplay?

I've been working on Kenshi for around 7 years now, juggling it with part-time employment as a security guard to get by. It wasn't until last year when Kenshi was accepted on Steam Greenlight that I was able to hire a team of developers. I started working on Kenshi because I got irritated with so-called open-ended games and wanted to make an awesome RPG that I would want to play myself. Players get mollycoddled too much, with super strong hero charters and guided missions that force you to take certain routes and directions. I want to explore places when I feel like, do what I want when I feel like it. Kenshi has no super strong characters, you're not special, just a puny normal person who needs to work hard to improve like everyone else.

When I played the game's alpha, I found myself really digging the game's visual look? Where there any particular inspirations for this?

The current look of the game has a kind of desert sword-punk style to it, most inspired by the Fallout series and Mad Max movies. I've always appreciated that open, lonely and harsh environment in games and movies. Saying that though, there will a lot more different terrains coming up in later updates, mostly arid, different deserts and canyons, but also swamplands and others.

Speaking of which, how has the feedback been now that the game is in Early Access on Steam?

It's been pretty good, people seem excited about it's potential. The city building aspect I think is most attractive to people - just being able to wander the desert, set up a base and fight off bandit or cannibal raids. The difficulty also makes it pretty addictive.​

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.