1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Heart Forth, Alicia - Updates #1-3. Funded

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Apr 18, 2014.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]Heart Forth, Alicia has been funded in three days, and managed to make $72,477 of $60,000 goal. The developer Alonso Martin has also released three new updates.

Update #1 - Stretch Goals and Chucklefish Games

What an amazing first day! Never in my life did I imagine we'd receive the generous support and excitement we've gotten from you guys. I honestly launched the campaign expecting we'd have a very rough time even getting past the first half of the goal, and I'm completely bewildered by how things have played out-completely beyond-words grateful to you.​
    Update #2 - Funded! Stretch goals on their way!

My. Goodness. I cannot believe what has just happened! You guys have funded us in such a short amount of time! We're funded! I'm in a ridiculous mix of agitation, incredulity and absolute gratitude. Thanks so much to everyone who helped us through our amazing first days! Again, never in our wildest dreams did we expect anything close to the kind of support that we've received, but now that we have it, we'll do everything we can to live up to your expectations!

We were also Greenlit yesterday-we expected that to take months to get through. Unbelievable! But thanks again to everyone who managed to make it over to the page and cast their vote before we got the go-ahead! I hope you're not tired already of hearing us say this, but we can't stop saying thank you for helping us solidify the future of this project! I personally completely indebted to you.​
    Update #3 - Stretch Goals Are Here!

Apologies for the delay while we worked out the final kinks, but it's finally begun! Let's go through our first set of stretch goals one by one:

$75,000 - New Game+
    Our first stretch goal is for that good old fashioned RPG staple, New Game+. Heart Forth, Alicia's New Game+ mode will put players in a drastically more difficult world where many of the games variables will be altered to make the playthrough more challenging, including stronger enemies, more lethal environments, unique New Game+ foes, and plenty of other hidden surprises. You won't be helpless, though. Players will start with all of the money from their previous run, three New Game+ exclusive accessories, increased stats compared to a normal playthrough, and more. We might even toss in some super special secrets only available to players on their New Game+ run :)

$90,000 - Challenge Dungeons
    We'll carefully hide three secret challenge dungeons in different spots of the game world, each one creating a unique sequence of challenging rooms filled with swarms of enemies for Alicia to conquer on her way downward (or upward!) to retrieve a shiny new reward. Think "Deep Dungeon" from Final Fantasy Tactics or "Savage Labyrinth" from Wind Waker and you're on the right track. Of course, we're always open to backer input, so if you have an idea you think would work great in a challenge dungeon, let us know!

$110,000 - The PS4 Port
    The big one. We know that tons of you have been dying for any news on ports, so we're incredibly excited to confirm that Heart Forth, Alicia is coming to the PS4! We're working on implementing the PS4 port into our tiers, so keep an eye out for more news soon. If we manage to break through this set of stretch goals, we'll definitely do our best to be much more punctual with our next set. What will they be? You'll have to wait and see :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.