1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Impressions @ Inc Gamers

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Nov 23, 2014.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]Tim McDonald from Inc Gamers has written a piece about his first impressions playing Dragon Age: Inquisition. A quote in Bioware has marketed this game:

But BioWare have been making all the right noises about Dragon Age: Inquisition. It'll have a tactical camera, they say; it's being designed primarily for PC, they say. Considering the ludicrous Kickstarter and post-Kickstarter success of several other tactical CRPGs (Project Eternity/Pillars of Eternity, Divinity: Original Sin, Wasteland 2,Torment: Tides of Numenera...) it's not entirely impossible that EA has actually taken notice of this and said "oh, go on then, make a proper CRPG."​
    A quote on the options when starting the game:

Graphics aside, there are a number of other options. There are subtitles for both ambient dialogue and full conversations, and there are separate options for text and speech language (although in my version the only available language is English, so that's kinda superfluous to me). There's even a Friendly Fire option for that full Dragon Age: Origins experience, but as it's turned off by default, I'm not touching it. While I miss having to very carefully aim my abilities, if Dragon Age: Inquisition wasn't designed around friendly fire then I suspect turning it on would make me very sad, very quickly.​
    A quote on the tactical camera:

I ****ing hate the tactical camera. It is incredibly, absurdly, stupendously useless. The tactical combat itself might be fine - it's got auto-pauses, and I can select skills and click on enemies, and I can even see which other characters I've assigned to attacking that enemy and what skill they're going to use. That's pretty great. I still can't shake off the MMO feeling for some reason, and I've still got worries that the game was designed to be played in the third-person view and the tactical combat was slapped on afterwards, but there's clearly been at least some thought given to battling in this way.​

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.