1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Weird Yeslick bug

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Lady Jellybee, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Lady Jellybee Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

First of all, here's my party:
    • Me (half-elven ranger, how imaginative?)
    • Minsc
    • Kivan
    • Dynaheir
    • Imoen
    • Yeslick
    Problem: While working on leveling up so I can clear out the Cloakwood mine, but all of a sudden, where ever I go, Yeslick starts up dialogue with me as if I had kicked him out of the party! And he keeps on doing it, whether I drop him or not, so the only solution is to kill him. If you want, I could send you my save file via E-mail, but if there's no solution, should I go back and pick up Branwen or maybe get Viconia? I'd rather not start all over again, but there aren't many good clerics in this game.

[ August 12, 2002, 21:21: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I take it you have tried kicking him out? Or saying nevermind or something simular, try keeping him dead until you have cleard out the mines then raising him. IIRC there is a dialog bug in the Cloakwood mines where some NPCs suddenly start talking and won't shut the hell up until the next chapter - believe me it's annoying and I take it you think it is as well, just hurry up would be my advice

3. Lady Jellybee Gems: 3/31

Ah, well, I was bored sick of that party anyway... Maybe I'll just export the PC and start all over again... Good items, REALLY cool stats, all with NO cheating!

But then again, I should probably just make a new Cleric, and have Jahiera on the side, even though Khalid sucks... Maybe I should just kill him? :evil:

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    If you kill Jaheira then kick Khalid out she stays

5. Lady Jellybee Gems: 3/31

Ah, I'll do that, thanks.

<-----I got a fire agate! The turquoise was prettier, though... :yot:

6. Sarin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I had the same problem with Yeslick (picked him up quickly and then planned to collect some levels somewhere else before finishing Cloakwood Mines).
    I think it is due to a timer, i.e. after you picked him up you have a certain amount of time to finish the Cloakwood Mines. Therefore I took an earlier save and completed all Cloakwood maps thoroughly + the Mine. Don't remember if I went back to the Friendly Arms Inn during that time as well. Anyway, the time was sufficient and after finishing that Chapter I never had that problem with Yeslick again.
    BTW, I think you have an excellent party there.

7. Lady Jellybee Gems: 3/31

Thanks, Sarin! :D Looking back now, I wonder if the bug is because I went to the lowest level of the mines, saved there, found out Imoen couldn't disable the traps, left, and saved again. I've been using that save, and just leaving that level made the game do some wierd things, since I didn't beat Davaeorn.

I think I'll just start over anyway, either with the same character, or as a cleric with Imoen, Minsc, Dynaheir, Kivan, and Jaheira. (I'll trick Khalid into leaving.)

8. Halbarad Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Or, if you want to save yourself the cost of a resurrection, just send Khalin into a building that you will never use again (I used Jora's in FAI) then dismis him. He won't be able to exit the building and give his "Your getting rid of me?" speach, and that's what triggers Jahera leaving.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.