1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Class synergies

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by SlickRCBD, Aug 21, 2023.

1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm playing this game again for the first time since 2014, almost 10 years.
    I'm almost done, but just hit the level cap for most of my characters and it's time to start multiclassing.

So far I have
    Joan: paladin (16)
    Clair: Cleric (16)
    Sly: Thief(5)/Ranger(12)
    Wiz: Monk(2)/Sorcerer(14)
    Jariel: Sorcerer 16
    Emmeric: Fighter(4)/Barbarian(12)

I'm wondering what I should multiclass them with, well except for Sly whose getting more thief levels when ranger is maxed.

I've heard talk about the synergy with paladin and cleric, but does anything like turning ability or spell caster level stack? If not it might be more worthwhile to have Joan multiclass to fighter, barbarian, or ranger to increase her BAB as I'm finding the AC30 enemies a bit hard to hit without using disabling spells every battle. Rogue might be an equally viable choice to add sneak attack damage. I'm not considering sorcerer or monk because I am unsure if I'd be losing AC for the monk and definitely would for sorcerer unless I did monk/sorcerer and Joan is one of my two tanks.
    Should I go with cleric, fighter, barbarian, ranger, or rogue?

Clair definitely could use some warrior levels, but I'm unsure if I should go with paladin or something else. Paladin, barbarian, fighter or ranger I'm considering.

Sly I'm just going to advance the ranger class until it's maxed. Then I might start resuming rogue levels. I've only been raising thief levels after level 3 (I did the first five levels evenly to balance BAB and sneak attack but stopped doing rogue after level 3 until I had trouble with chests in one of the dungeons after reaching the Speculum Grounds, then again in the catacombs) when I started having trouble with traps or locks and I'm just starting the castle and haven't had any trouble opening or disarming anything since my last level-up.

Wiz I'm going to advance the sorcerer class, then work on monk levels. I'm considering mixing in paladin, but don't want the XP penalty. On the other hand, Wiz isn't a front liner although often winds up in melee due to charging enemies ignoring my front liners. I wound up taking Ghoul Touch and used it to great effect and more BAB wouldn't hurt for that. I'm actually considering doing
    Sorc(16)/monk(3)/paladin(2)/(rogue 1) and wondering how many level ups I have left before clearing the castle.
    Alternately I can just level up wiz's monk class. I don't really have a monk, just a sorcerer with evasion, deflect arrows, and some extra AC.

Jariel I'm unsure if I should mutlticlass with paladin or go for monk or both. He really could use the AC

Emeric I'm going to max out barbarian and then go for fighter.

So any suggestions? I know there were topics on this, but I can't seem to find them searching. I wouldn't mind a few links.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2023
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.