1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New Message Boards Now Open!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Ooooooh, BoM is back to that good old soothing blue!

It's going to take me a few days to get used to the new boards, but I think I like them.

Speed difference! Posting a new message is now MUCH faster! Wow!

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Why not add the 'Views' column next to 'Posts' now that we're on vBulletin?

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    What, you mean total views per forum on the front page of the boards? Since we haven't had views in UBB, all threads have imported with replies+1 views only, so the figure would be completely off. I don't see much point in that... Views are only going to be valid for new posts made since the switch.

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Sweeeet deal! Thank you Tal for all your hard work!

P.S. SHIIIIIIINNNYYYY!

5. Barmy Army

Media:
    No, views per thread. It's on each other board I use.

6. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I like the bigger font. Well done Tal!

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Barmy, uh... it's right next to the replies count in every forum.

Blog, fonts are the same everywhere?

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

vBulletin... I'm glad to see my gut feeling of the new board being in phpBB proved wrong.

:banana:

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Wow, a new and improved Boards O' Magick. Thanks for the hard work, Tal.

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

What is Rep Power all about? It's under the post count.

11. Barmy Army

Media:
    Don't you see the 'scales' icon under peoples avatars?

Tal... silly me, it was there already. I'm a doofus.

Taluntain likes this.
  12. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

I think it is suppose to gauge someone's believability or coolness or something.

the high the rep the more likely that person is telling the truth in regards to say what is rumours or speculation and what is fact or known. or id they just posted something you thought was hilarious or opened your eyes to something, least thats how its used on other forums i visit, it has no reall value as there is no rewards for having a high rep. but things could be different here.

Hmm weird my lich avatar go, hmm never noticed my custom title left out the end of the phrase, hmm must be something with the new boards, the old one has the whole phrase.

Taluntain likes this.
  13. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I'm actually not too sure about the larger font size. The information that's in it (screen name, join date, etc.) aren't really important enough to be taking up that much room. They draw the eye more towards that than the actual content.

14. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Ah, user name size. That is larger, yes. I will probably downsize that.

Elfen Lied described the reputation feature pretty well. If you think someone's made a particularly good post or done something that deserves commendation, you can add to their reputation by clicking on the scales icon. It works the other way around too; if someone is being a total idiot, you can give them negative reputation.

Every user can enable or disable the showing of their reputation in the User CP / Edit Options.

15. Barmy Army

Media:
    How do you see who's actually left you the rep stuff? I notice you can see comments, but nothing else.

16. Taluntain

Media:
    I think I've disabled that intentionally so that we don't get little user wars if someone gives you negative reputation. ;)

17. Barmy Army

Media:
    Ah, so people can flame you behind a veil of shadows. Cowardice. I don't know if I'm alone here, but if someone's got gripe with me I'd rather get it out in the open! I say activate the thing ;-). Let's have a user vote - power to democracy.

18. Taluntain

Media:
    Maybe we'll have a poll about it once the dust settles.

19. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    When I pass my mouse over the reputation squares, some users only come up with their login names (e.g., "Aikanaro", "Elfen Lied", "Montresor"); while others come up with user name + a comment ("kuemper is an unknown quantity...", "Barmy Army is on a distinguished road", "Taluntain has disabled reputation").

Also, I can't find reputation under User CP -> Edit Options. Is this related to my name showing without a comment? (Could be that Reputation is not activated for all users yet.)

20. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I have always jumped to the boards from the main page. The link to the boards needs to be updated or is that intentional for the time being?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.