1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pink Dragon Disciples of the World Unite!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Bion, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
  2. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

[​IMG] @Ara: ROFL :lol:

This is probably the most bizarre discussion I've seen or heard. Ever. :nuts:

/me Wanders off, humming.

Tal the Fairy Dragon lived by the Shores of Lethe...

:lol:

3. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Will a "Pink Dragon Disciple" T-Shirt ever appear in the SP Shop?

/singing along "Tal the fairy dragon..."

4. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

hehehehe I so love this thread. :D

Yes, that explains it perfectly... Tal is just pretending to be a Red Dragon with a bit of glamoury... :)

If PDD tshirts are sold in the SP store Ill be one of the first to buy one! ^_^

5. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

You just talked (typed) your way right out of that one. The one thing Tal isn't is chaotic; he was just tired of the chaos you were spreading, and he hoped it might shut you up to give you the title. ;) And Puff may have been purple, but so are Amethyst Dragons. :p

Fairy Dragons (CG) are classified as dragonets due to their miniscule size (about 1ft./30 cm long), as are Firedrakes (N) and Pseudodragons (N/NG). And while Fairy Dragons do change color as they age, pink does not come into the equation. (Red would incidentally mean a baby picture from its hatchling stage. :lol: ) The Fairy Dragon's breath weapon is a 2' (60cm) diameter cloud of euphoria gas; like Confusion but more benevolent.

Here's a chart for those who wonder about Fairy Dragons (from youngest to oldest).

Hatchling: Red
    Very Young: Red-orange
    Young: Orange
    Juvenile: Orange-yellow (like the picture; MM/89)
    Young Adult: Yellow
    Adult: Yellow-green
    Mature Adult: Green
    Old: Blue-green
    Very Old: Blue
    Venerable: Blue-violet
    Wyrm: Violet
    Great Wyrm: Black

EDIT: Looking at my 2e MM, I've noticed a dragon that covers the entire rainbow all at the same time: the Cloud Dragon! (MM/81) They have a layered look not unlike one of those sand-glasses. (You know, those things you made in primary school by making layers of differently colored sand inside a glass.) They're Neutral in alignment, though all of their powers are environment and cloud-related; not terribly likely for a master of cyberspace.

So, in conclusion, RUBY!!! :D

[ September 08, 2005, 18:46: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

6. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31

Methinks that Felinoid is a rules lawyer...

7. Felinoid

@DxA:
    More semantics and being overly helpful. :grin: As a player I rarely question the DM's judgement (for example, if Tal were to make a ruling on the subject I would promptly shut up except to let people know about the ruling), but when other players say something that seems unknowledgable of the rules I try to correct them. Mostly I'm just outraged ( ;) ) at how everyone keeps implying that Tal is evil by calling him a chromatic name.

I think rubies make more sense because some rubies are lighter in color (almost pink), so it makes sense that a younger Ruby Dragon would look pink. His new deeper red color simply indicates that he's "grown up" into his powers. Then again, perhaps I do more research than is necessary. :shake:

8. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31

Ah well if we want to gem-ify the pink dragons, then why not call them Rose Quartz, or there is Rubelite (pink tourmaline), theres also pink sapphires, rubies (as you mentioned), pink garnets, and there are other types of pink gems as well.

Well everyone seems to be agreeing with the cone of cottoncandy bit, and Tal hasnt refuted it...

9. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

But perhaps Fel's rules-lawyering has brought us some interesting new clues...

On one hand, I think Fel would have to agree that the rules book isn't exhaustive to the DnD universe, just as we still don't have anything near an exhaustive classification of species in RL (as only a tiny percentage of species have been classified). At the same time, taking the rule books as fundamentalist truth would limit the ability of a GM and RP group to customize their own play universe...

That being said:

I think Fel may have inadvertantly brought up an interesting argument: wouldn't it make sense that a "master of cyberspace" would actually have powers addressing an "environment"?

1) Cyberspace after all is a "space" and SP a "site", both clearly environmental terms.

2) The games covered on SP could all be refered to as "virtual environments."

3) While "cloud" is often used to refer to something unorganized and diffused, this might also be a more medieval understanding of the term; today the complexity of weather systems are more and more understood: that is, ordered. What would the medieval mind make of the networked complexity of the internet, for example? Isn't chaos theory something that deals with weather as much as information? Is it not possible to refer to "data clouds"?

I submit to you the possibility that cloud-like powers Fel describes as pertaining to the Fairy or Cloud dragons might actually be an accurate description of Tal's "cyberspace mastery"!

Beware the Pink Dragon's Cloud of SPAM!!! :mommy:

10. Felinoid

There are also pink diamonds (incredibly rare) and pink coral, but I was trying to incorporate the new "red" persona into the idea as well. I also figured I should start with the more "valuable" gems and jewels first before I got down to semi-precious and ornamental stones like quartz, so as to avoid offending our Grand Pubaa. :mommy:

11. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31

Tourmaline isnt very cheap if I remember correctly...

And Bion is now obsessed with spam... *rolls her eyes*

Gotta go to work, be back later!

12. Colthrun

The burly warrior charged towards the pink dragon, his battle axe swinging in a deadly arc. Suddendly, his axe stopped like if it had hit a wall. His arms went limp and the axe hit the floor with a loud clank. The warrior didn't care he had nearly severed his toes. He couldn't stop looking at the most lovely, little furry thing he had never seen before. He only wanted to hug it and pet it. He had fallen victim of the most dreaded weapon of the pink dragons: the Aura of Cuteness!.

[ September 08, 2005, 20:24: Message edited by: Colthrun ]

13. Felinoid

Rhodochrosite (light pink): Ornamental (10gp base value)
    Star Rose Quartz: Semi-Precious (50gp base value)
    *Tourmaline (red): Fancy (100gp base value)
    Pearl (rose): Fancy to Precious (100gp-500gp base value)
    Fire Opal (fiery red): Gem (1,000gp base value)
    *Ruby/Diamond: Jewel (5,000gp base value)

Tourmaline may not be cheap (100gp isn't something to laugh at), but rubies and diamonds are outright extravagant! :eek:

Consider also the five known gem dragon types (from strongest to weakest):
    Amethyst: 100gp base (1,000 if it's oriental)
    Sapphire: 1,000 gp base (5,000 if it's a star sapphire)
    Emerald: 5,000gp base
    Topaz: 500gp base
    Crystal (Rock crystal): 50gp base

14. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

15. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

You guys -- Tal's dragon is NOT pink. I suggest you all get your eyes checked. :p

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Okay folks. PDD and pink dragons can be evil and cute - succubus/incubus are prime examples of said combo. :evil: :bigeyes: But remember; pink dragons might also be *stupid*. It's very possible they make white dragons look like PhDs.

As Tal is the only person who can confirm/deny the alignment and cuteness of a PDD, let's not get into a snipping contest over something that's not yet fact.

17. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Guys, why are you trying to tie in 'Pink Dragon Disciple' with Tal - he merely bestowed this title upon -Bion-.

FWIW, I tend to agree with Fel on Tal's appearance, not the LE red dragon, but (N? LN?) ruby dragon.

Now, on the seperate subject of PDDs (and thus the pink dragons these characters are disciples thereof), I'd say a slight name modification is best - Pink Drake Disciple. A pink drake would be similar in size and temperment to a fairy dragon...further the aura of cuteness and candyfloss (cotton candy) breath weapon would make more sense. What - NG or CG? Heck, *I'd* wanna be a disciple of that sort of dragon! :D

18. Colthrun

Heresy!
    Only the appointed prophet, Bion, shall speak about what the mighty pink dragon is, or is not! I will smite thee, infidels!

/me casts Destroy Knowledge about Jewels on Fellinoid
    /me casts Pinkvision on Spellbound
    /me casts Feeblemind on the female Swiss Army knife

Edit: Aha! I've been granted a pinkish jewel by the almighty pink dragon as recognition for my services.

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

*yawn* Hmm? Something do something to me? Spell immunity is a wonderful thing. :evil:

/me calls forth two succubi

Go get him, girls. Mwuhahaha!

20. Felinoid

Who's that? :p

[singing]
    Sometimes you wanna go
    where half the people misspell your naaaaame...
    [/singing] :lol:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.