1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pink Dragon Disciples of the World Unite!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Bion, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

:nono: No sacrificing board members.

@olimikrig:
    :lol: :lol: :lol: How do you look at that avatar and say "he"!?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    He's a magical beast, worthy of sacrifice. :p

Next you'll be calling me your padwan, or? :lol:

3. Felinoid

@olimikrig:
    :lol: My point is that kuemper is a "she", not a "he". I would have thought the giant torpedos on her chest would have tipped you off. :hahaerr:

4. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] @Fel:
    :lol: hrm. Well. That's a pretty darn good point you got there :lol: :rolling:

5. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

O_o;; I didnt know that kuemper was a she... and those avatars really arent that clear. Or maybe I just need a better monitor.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

/me activates telekinesis and comprehend languages

Ahem. Olimikrig? I can hear everything you say. And since I can't be surprised and wish to save my better powers for later, I lash at you with my tail.

/me constricts the magma golem

@Fel - Well, it's not like I have an SPS account or anything. :lol:

Please leave my 'points' outta this! :mommy: :spin:

7. olimikrig

Media:
    No. It can nay be that. Eldular must've used foul magic to break the spells so he could inform thee of mine evil schemes.

8. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I'm gone for half a day, and this thread becomes a human sacrifice cult :eek:

And the mystery deepens. I'm sure Fel can tell us more about the canon characteristics of Pseudodragons, but it's quite obvious that Tal's power far exceeds these in power...

So while "psuedo dragon" here might refer to an actual canon Psuedodragon, it seems to me that we should also dwell on the crucial space between the two words Tal has given us "psuedo" and "dragon"...

The word "psuedo," of course, derives from the Greek: "psuedes" meaning "false" or "psuedein" meaning "to decieve." So while we might want to jump to the conclusion that Tal is referring to a known being of the DnD world, we should also be wary of a very clear double message in Tal's cryptic statement: the "false" dragon, the heavy hint of "deception."

Thus, when Tal subsequently remarks:

We cannot help but look for hidden meaning. The English word "blind" has it's roots in both the German work "blenden" meaning not only "to blind" but also "to dazzle," with an overtone of "to deceive," along with the Middle English word "blenden" (derived from the Old English "blendan" and the Old Norse "blanda") meaning "to mix." And so, when Tal says "colourblind" he is not refering to a simple physical inability to see colors, but rather to a yet-unknown condition whereby colour dazzles and decieves through some kind of alchemical mixture.

Thus, to be "colourblind" refers not to an inability to see, but rather an enlightened state, perhaps known only to an inner circle within the Servants of the Pink Sorcerer, whereby Tal's true pink nature is known.

The Eye is Blind! so to speak.

If anything should be clear to us at this stage, it's that we should never underestimate the subtlety of Tal's mind: we must be prepared to find schemes within schemes within schemes...

9. olimikrig

Media:
    Woa Bion. and you think we're the ones who're :nuts: :lol:

the word blanda hasn't really changed that much throughout the ages. Only the last 'a' has been replaced with an 'e' so its not blande ;)

I still say we might unvocer this whole mess somewhat quicker if we sacrifice a living beeing to please the allmighty :p

/me sharpens my ritual dagger

"You just keep us informed on those schemes within schemes, Bion. Me, I'm going to have a little 'chat' with Kuemper"

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31

:eek: Whoa, would you look at the time! <gestures at Tommy Hilfiger watches> Is it late o'clock already? :idea:

/me hides in the Abyss

11. Felinoid

[​IMG] As the only active partcipant in this discussion with an SPS account, I feel it only fair to warn you that a decision has been reached.
    (That sounds about right. Yes, that should do nicely.) Ahem. So no sacrificing! :nono:

12. olimikrig

Media:
    /me lover his head in shame :o

Can you forgive me? :bigeyes:

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I've put my original avatar in my profile, since I had a blank in the picture field anyway.

14. Felinoid

Well there goes my Ruby Dragon theory. :( Oh well, at least I won't have to feel bad about slaughtering the ones in FF8 (if I ever get tired of BG...nope, not happening).

So:
    -Tal is a sorcerer (established)
    -the "pink dragon" was actually his pseudodragon familiar (established)
    -alignment based on that would be any non-evil (based on preferences of pseudodragons), or between LG & NG (based on BGII)
    -red dragon avatar is as yet unexplained

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

@Fel - I agree with all. As for Tal's new red dragon pic, maybe he just learned Polymorph Self and is testing it out? Or he could be finishing his RDD prestige class and is now the apothesis of a red(ish) dragon.

16. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

@Bion:
    :rolleyes: I dunno about anyone else, but I for one CAN help! ;)

@Olim - she's an *outsider* with telepathy (as well as confusion between this ability and telekenisis...) your whispering may as well have been right into her ear ;)

/me looks at the marilith leave this extraplanar realm of SP back to her home in the Abyss

Great...there's only 666 of them; Right, see you this time next year! :p

/me trudges off to go find one soldier in the midst of a multi-planar battle between Tanar'ri and Baatezu...sigh.

17. olimikrig

Media:
    Then it was she who used foul magic. all-in-all it's the same. What do I know? I'm just a stupid golem.

18. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

@Olim - aye, it still has the same result.

/me thinks upon a search through the Blood Wars with some trepedation...

And don't sell yourself short; you far more sentient than most golems-

/me distractedly pats Olim on shoulder for a moment then starts blowing on singed hand...

19. olimikrig

Media:
    /me joyfully hymns Tal the fairy Dragon

20. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    :nuts: this threat is going nuts

And what about that theory that Tal's a Deity over the plane of Sorcerers?

Maybe Bion, that you are indeed a pink dragon disciple, but a disciple of Tal's Pink Pseudodragon. If Tal got godhood, (the theory of the Plane of Sorcerer's Place) then his familiar must've got full dragonhood. Or Tal merely granted it full dragonhood. It make sense now doesn't it?

So who shall be the High Cleric of the God Tal? :pope:
    :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.