1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Calling All Geriatrics

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Splunge, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

2. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

I'm 16... Man, I feel young :D

3. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

That's 'cause you ARE young, sonney!

When I was your age, I had to walk uphill in the snow without shoes ... just to post on a webpage ... and that's the way we liked it!

[Actually when I was your age, there WERE no webpages to post on! :eek: ]

4. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

37, baby!

5. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I'm 23 and kicking, guys!! Well, I hope so, anyway... :D
    You know what? Everytime we talk about ourself on these boards I become more and more curios about how you all look. MORE PEOPLE NEEDED ON THE PHOTO-CLUB!!!!

6. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Math, no webpages? Then what did you do to fill your empty days with? *shudder* homework? :eek:

;)

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ Aragorn II - The ironic thing is people always tell me I look about 10 years younger than I really am; that was a problem when I was 30 and still getting asked for ID in bars, but now its great. (Of course, they only say this when they look at me straight on since the top of my head is severely follicly challenged :( )
    Anyway, the last thing you want to see is my ugly mug; plus, your computer would probably blow up. :)

And I see I'm still the only one over 40 (Rallymama's husband notwithstanding); October 23 can't come soon enough.

8. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    @ Faragon - check this out -- we played outside. You know, sports in the street, at the park, etc. At night, we read books (by candlelight, heh) or watched TV (when I was young, our TV was -- gasp -- black and white, had no remote and got all of 6 channels in with any clarity). Computers were the size of industrial warehouses and were programmed by punch cards. There were no computer RPG's and D&D had yet to be invented. Oh the agony!

9. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

@ Aragorn II....it's funny you should mention wondering how we all look. I associate our names with our avatars. every time i start a new game and pick a portrait used on S.P. i have a hard time not naming that char for their S.P. counterpart. i just started NWN again and guess what? I'm playing as Mat. I know i'm off topic, but i find this funny.

also in IWD, every time i kill a yeti i feel bad for decimating DeathRabbit :(

10. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

How do you think I feel been 15?
    I bet I am one of the youngest members here. :happy:

11. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I'm three weeks from my 30th birthday. Whee.

12. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Thought I was 33 until last week, found out Im 32 :o

13. Gaidin-_- Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

one year three months shy of being able to get legally drunk.

14. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

My great grandparents pulled a similar stunt.

They had my grandpa ... accidentally. So they added "1" to their anniversary, moved to a different town, and pretended to be good Calvinists.

No one ever knew ... until my family threw them a 75th anniversary party. My great grandpa (great grandma had passed away) broke into tears and confessed the whole things.

By today's standards, not a big deal. Back then, this was a huge scandal and had tortured him his whole life.

(He's with Jesus now and knows its okay!)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.