1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread 120

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 4, 2015.

1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I really want a 3rd party candidate to make a serious bid in the next election. Of course I wanted the same thing back in 2016.
    Not that the Libertarian or Green candidates weren't serious, but they didn't get admitted to the debates (no 3rd party or independent has managed that since Ross Perot in '92) and so weren't taken seriously.
    Didn't the debate committee change the rules to make it harder for 3rd parties or independents to get into the debates after Perot? IIRC they required polls of a minimum of 15% when before Perot only had 7% in '92 and they rejected him in '96 despite having 19% because it would have distracted from the Clinton/Dole matchup.

2. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I've never really payed deep attention to politics; it's too much like religion; there are too many biases based on nothing more than somebody else's opinion. And IMHO pretty much all politicians should be forced to accept term limits so they are forced to try to get real jobs in our horrid economy.

3. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Been a while since I've stopped by but with all the Baldur's Gate 3 I've been playing it felt like the thing to do. Hope everyone here is doing well!

Taluntain likes this.
  4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It seems that everyone here who is playing it is posting about it somewhere else and not in our BG3 forum...

5. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31

My current computer definitely won't run it, which is why I keep dropping in to check out things for games I can play.

6. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I'm not sure if I can either, and I'm going to wait until the price goes under $20 before I think about buying it. I waited over 10 years, I can wait another year.
    Money is tight for me, and I'm trying to save up at least $25,000 for a down payment on a new car before my 2007 car starts to crap out on me. I'm 6'2, I need a car with enough room that the steering wheel isn't rubbing my stomach like in most compact "economy" cars. Air conditioning is also non-negotiable. Last time I went car shopping a large number of the advertised affordable models had A/C as extra that put them out of my price range. No A/C in Chicago suburbs in 2007? Who are they kidding considering how hot it gets in the summer. Chicago was the first major city in America if not the world with a heat emergency response plan after the scorcher of '95.

7. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31

My big thing lately is trying to figure out how to afford a new computer on a shoestring budget. My fail-safe; an investment an uncle made for me after my g'parents died, seems to have been confiscated by the state. $9000 down to $250. That was my fall-back when my current very-used car dies. But $250 gets you four mostly bald tires. And probably not the rims to go with.

8. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I've been saving up for several years and don't even have half the $25,000 goal. Hence why I've been on a constant shoestring budget and not buying expensive $60 games.

9. Keneth Gems: 29/31

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've sunk in about 150 hours so far and I've got another 100 in front of me probably, but I haven't really felt the need to discuss anything about it. I had one question so far that I decided to post in the official subreddit because I wanted a quick answer. Other than that, I'm too deep into my first playthrough to care what anyone else has to say. After I'm done with the run and I've posted my review and screens, I might participate in some discussions.:D

Taluntain likes this.
  10. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Anybody here been following that drama between SSSniperwolf and JacksFilms on Youtube?

I used to watch her vids every now and then. Mind-blowing that she's been such a psychotic piece of work all along ...

An argument can be made that JacksFilms critiquing her content, while valid, was of such a frequency that it started to feel obsessive. But doxxing somebody out of spite is just a stupid and crazy thing to do.

11. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I've never really been a fan of either, but I've been following a bit of the drama, and yeah, some coo-coo stuff there...

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hello.

--

Some of you guys must be really old now.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2023
  13. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Welcome back, been a while!

14. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    [​IMG]

Sorvo likes this.
  15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

You’re all 20 years older than you were when I joined, so you must all be ancient now.

16. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    56 and my son who I used to refer to as. Little Snook is now 27. Yes I am old, but still going strong. Gen X is made of stern stuff.

17. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yup, Old and hating it and who the fuck are we talking about? Happy Thanksgiving to anyone who might be celebrating and if not... Mystra, Do I care? :beer:Ok, Mystra says "yes". The thought of the holiday is as it sounds but I know someone will claim how we slaughtered the Native Americans! It did happen but it would be nice to think that before the Government got involved that we actually did share a table on peaceful terms. Just my thoughts :beer:

18. Harbourboy

Jeepers. Now Sorvo must be totally prehistoric now!

19. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I was prehistoric when all you whipper snappers were scuttling round :beer:

20. Harbourboy

Hey Sorvo. Do you still have a snake?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.