1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread 120

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Everyone's suddenly worried about the Dark Forest like we haven't been living in it for the last 20 years.

2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Why is it that the smoke detectors and the carbon monoxide detectors are programmed to only set off the obnoxiously loud low battery alarms in the middle of the night on a work night?
    Why can't they every give the notice during the day, preferably on the weekend instead of when I'm trying to sleep?

3. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    After a while I just turned them off. Got tired of them going off when any boiling steam reached them or anything like that, and just trust to being otherwise safe about things before I leave the place.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I started buying the ten year ones....

5. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Seriously, two weeks ago it was the carbon monoxide detector that is mandated by the State in all homes.
    Just now at about 1:15am the smoke detector started making noise because the battery was dying and I need to get up at 6 so I can be at work at 8.
    Why don't those darn things ever make the noise during the day on the weekends instead of waking me up in the middle of the night on a work night?
    Now I can't get back to sleep, and I forgot to buy a spare 9V battery after I used my last one replacing the one in the carbon monoxide detector two weeks ago so i'm going to have to risk going without one until after work today because I am NOT getting dressed and going out to find a 24-hour convenience store to get a blasted 9V battery at quarter to two in the morning. The grocery store and Walmart closed at midnight or 10pm (Walmart used to be open the same 6am-midnight as the Jewel...until COVID when they shortened the hours to 7-10 and never went back) and don't open until 6 or 7 respectively. I'm not sure where else to get 9V batteries besides Best Buy or Target these days. Unless I want to buy a couple dozen from Costco, but I only have 3 things that use about 1/year: The smoke detector, the carbon monoxide detector, and my clock/radio's backup battery.
    Technically I also have some old kid's walkie-talkies, but I haven't used them since I got a cell phone with unlimited calling over 18 years ago, and I can't believe it's been that long.
    Sorry, babbling, it's now 2am and I can't sleep. I _WAS_ asleep from 10pm-1:15am until the smoke alarm decided it couldn't wait until morning and had to wake me up to let me know the battery was getting low.

6. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I'm not sure if I should post this here, in the COVID forum, or the Techno-Magic forum.
    Dumb question:
    During the COVID Shutdown, I accidentally knocked it off the shelf of my closet where it hit the floor and shattered into a million pieces when cleaning out said closet.
    So was my first Windows laptop a casualty of COVID?

I was taking advantage of The Shutdown to go through all my old junk and get rid of a lot of stuff I don't need or is broken, as well as take inventory of all my old junk.

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If that happened to me, Mrs Bruno would claim is was due to hand-eye coordination failure.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.