1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The SP Conspiracy Theory Thread

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Bion, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

@Nakia: yes, it is red *now*, but way back, before the evil elf, it was pink. Again, my theory is that high level Pink Dragon Disciples like Tal have the ability to impersonate red dragons. (That, or they just use *alot* of red nail polish...)

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    @Bion: My illusions are shattered. Here I thought it was a real red dragon. You make it less scary. A lot less scary. Somehow a pink dragon (which I missed) just isn't scary. Does this mean we won't be able to take over the world. I do so badly want to take over the world...with someelse leading. :sosad:

3. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Hey now, pink doesn't necessarily mean weak. One of the Powerpuff Girls wears pink, and she kicks ***. Besides, we don't really know the canon stats of a Pink Dragon Disciple, do we? I mean, they might be really powerful! Say, a bubblegum breath weapon that works like a web spell... :hmm:

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

He could be a sunburnt pink dragon disciple. ;)

5. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

And I correct my previous theory, Tal aka 'Pinky' did not actually kill The Brain, but rather The Brain is Catbert! They are working together to take over the world with this message board. And they've both chosen avatars of creatures the fear. As they a mice, Catbert aka 'The Brain' chose a cat avatar to represent what he fears and he expects us to fear. And Tal aka 'Pinky' chose a dragon as an avatar to instill fear in SPers and chose the colour pink to match his name 'Pinky', well its red but as kuemper mentioned it could very well be a sun burn. So there you have it, Tal is Pinky and Catbert is The Brain :grin:

But fear not fellow SPers, Pinky and The Brain never succeed, well almost never but if they do succeed they give up or lose the power sooner or later. That's right, I've puzzled it out!! The truth is laid bare! :rolleyes:

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

:idea: Ah HA! I've got it!!!

Taluntain is actually of the infinitely rare "Ruby Dragon" gem dragon species. Rubies come in lighter and darker shades of red, so a (relatively) young ruby dragon might appear almost pink. (The elf avatar was simply Tal experimenting with his polymorphing abilities.)

As the sole (known) surviving member of the species, we can only extrapolate the stats of his species. Alignment would be LN naturally, and judging by the immense power he's accumulated, we can only assume that ruby dragons are even more powerful than their amethyst cousins. Maturing powers exhibited so far seem to be technological in nature:
    Create Website
    Delete/Edit Post (Disintegrate)
    Hyperlink (a variation on Teleport)

7. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You forgot:
    Ban person (Imprisonment)
    Lock post (Hold variation)
    Set date (I can't really figure out wether this is a variation of time stop, making all the users freeze in time, or if it's actually sends us into the future. It's powerful nevertheless!)
    And he's of course protected by absolute immunity!

An idea that've gotten stuck in my head, however, is that Tal is really forming a cult, based on the principles of the order of the Maria Knights from the 12th century. Tal is indeed a reincarnation of the Swordmaster of Marienburg, and he's waiting for a sign in order to create his divine kingdom. When the time comes, he will gather his faithful followers from the order of the SPS account holders, and the soon to be SPS account holders, from the lesser order of the SP message boards, and take over the world. his armies driven by the fear of the whip, and the tormentors iron-bound solleret!
    It all began the 22nd of November, 1286, when the order of the Cistercian Monks ordered the death of Erik Klipping; it would mark the beginning of an era...

[ August 27, 2005, 23:36: Message edited by: olimikrig ]

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I am a russian terrorist on a mission to develop the perfect WOMD based on CRPGs. My underling, Tal, on the other hand, is slowly preparing you all for the coming of The New Order. :evil:

:nuts:

What a ****ed up topic.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.