1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You Know You've Played Too Much BG2 When...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Steppenwolf, Mar 24, 2001.

1. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

-When you assume that your room-mate, your family, and your soon-to-be brother-in-law know when updates on Throne of Bhaal are made.
    -When you sneer at your philosophy professor and state, "I must meerly master my conscience and this nightmare shall cease!"
    -When you search the new-age stores downtown to find a dealer in quality daggers and katanas.

I was thinking about adding "Lotus" to that last entry, but...nah.

2. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

ROTFLMAO, Bowie!

-When you think at 3:00 pm on Friday: "Hey, I might just put aside my current save game (Chapter 6) to start a new one (you like to see how a certain party would work)", and you suddenly realise that it's Monday 2:00 am and you know you need to go to sleep because you have to go to work in 6 hours.
    You look at your screen and see a lvl 16 party who is in the beginning of Chapter 4 and you have done every side quest imaginable.
    - When your grandmother sais "You are crazy. You have lost your mind."
    - When your friend calls you on Saturday to ask what's up, and you laugh in the phone; after that your friend sais "Ok, I got it. Maybe if we decide to go out I'll call you"

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

When you roll a dice to see if your lock-picking-skills are good enough to open the door of your house :)

When you use trap-detection when you enter a building.

When you think you can get every chick with your Ring of Human Influence :)

When you always walk with a giant-hamster in your coat :)

4. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Your co-worker gets a promotion that you were in line for, just because he's been showing up to work and you haven't, so in front of the entire company you call him "a *#&%ing Real Life(tm) Powergamer!"

5. When you start hitting Q to save documents in Word.

bgp

6. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

When you see a panther in the zoo and you're trying to cast magic missile at him...

7. mojo_202 Guest

-When the only reason left for not doing evil is the fact that flaming fist enforcers may appear out of no where and kill you where you stand.
    -You walk around just outside your town wearing a leather tunic, going around killing animals, to get your xp up.

8. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

When a friend points out that despite all your ravings, magic isn't real and you blame the Cowled Wizards.

9. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

When a real life romance goes cold and you think you might be able to rekindle it just by sleeping one night out in the open.

10. shadowboxer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] how about when U wake up from a strange dream and hope U have some power to skip work that day.

11. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31

When you try to pickpocket shopkeepers because you want a ring of regeneration...
    (Ribald!!!!)

12. Punkindrublic Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

:when u start wearing face paint and claim to have a miniture space hamster in ure pocket
    :when u call ure teacher omni presenat authority figure
    :when u hit someone cause they remind u of khalid

13. Mierin Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

You Know You've Played Too Much BG2 When...

You post a topic like this :)

14. shadowboxer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Or when you greet someone and say

"Welcome to my presence"

15. Vivien Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You have spent a great deal of time and put a lot of thought into exactly what all the people around you would be on Faerun, including yourself. This means you know exactly what class/race/equipment and weapon they would have/be. You also know how they could best reach that goal from their current non-magical state.
    Example 1: ‘Hmm…that short guy who works down in the basement as a programmer; he’s bald…shy…good at figuring things out…very intelligent…apparently likes being hidden away in dark holes…he would clearly be a gnome mage!’

Example 2: ‘I have high charisma and dexterity. Can’t be a Paladin, not strong enough. Can’t sing worth beans to be a bard… I’m good at getting what I want..I now! A thief! I can see my outfit now, black leather…I would just have to work on detecting traps…hmm…’

(Look around you and you’ll see people who clearly look like they CAME from Faerun! That big tall guy who appears clueless? Clearly a barbarian beserker. That man who leaches ideas from everyone and makes them his own, sucks the advancement potential right out of your career? Clearly a chaotic evil necromancer.)

16. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

WHen you detect treaps before going into ya own house :)

17. Silver Dragon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

When you find an unidentified something on the ground and look around for the nearest temple.

18. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31

When you try to imprison your little brother because he's irritating you, save in the thought that you can cast a "free" spell on him as soon as you're missing him...

19. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

when people talk to you, saying : no time to chit-chat, out of my way peasant I might catch somethin!

my principal couldnt laugh with it alright :D

20. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

. . . when you register as a user on the Forums page after "just reading" for months, just so you can post this on this topic!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.