1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

3 to 4 person party

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Archer14, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Archer14 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I need help decideing what NPCs I should make for a three or four person party. I'm going to make them all myself on multiplayer. Also weapons to go with the characters would be helpfull.

2. sorvo Guest

I don't think the game is as much fun if you create all the NPC's, but I always wanted to try a half-orc party:)

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I was once going through BG-2 with a halfling cavalier (melee only; Namarra, flamethongue, flail of the ages), halfling archer (bowfighter; shortbows, spears, Kundane), a dwarven fighter-cleric (restricted melee, healer, combat support; warhammer {no crom!!!}, slings) and an illusionist-thief (thievery/ mage spells; darts, daggers). I never had problems in combat.

Anyway, I agree it's more fun with a party with at least two NPCs.

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited March 09, 2002).]

4. Deathmaster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

A Three person party with weapons would be:

F/M-two handed weapons
    T/M- katanas and bows
    R/C- blunt weapons

Personally i prefer this at the moment:

Sorcerer-staffs and slings or darts
    Avengar or totemic Druid-clubs,scimtars and staves
    Monk-make sure you get gauntlets of crushing.

5. Shamroc Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

One should be an Elven Archer with 19 Dex. VERY wicked. hehe he should be called a wizard slayer. I always carry 1 stack of normal arrows incase they cast Protection from Magic Weapons.

I had a Archer reach 13th level and he had a -8 THAC0. Real mean and great support.

6. C'Jakob Guest

3-4 person party? I suggest something like this:

-Front-line Fighter - Heavy melee weapon like 2-handed sword, halberd, etc., with a good long range weapon in emergencies. Note that a Paladin or a Ranger works well here, too.

-Cleric (Druid if you want to be a bit different.) A must-have for healing and defensive spells, and a few offensive spells. A cleric works well as a back-up fighter with his/her armor and weapon proficiencies. A druid can shapeshift to a bear or a wolf in lieu of a cleric's martial skills.

-Mage (Sorcerer is you want to be a bit different, too.) It's best to have a mage to make use of scrolls, but it's your call.

-Thief: For utility skills, scouting, and good ol' snares and backstab.

If you combine any of these classes and have room for another one, I suggest a Bard, a sorcerer (if the other wizard is a mage), a druid (if the other priest is a cleric), a barbarian, or a monk. Which one depends on what classes you have already, and if you want your party more combat or spell-oriented.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.