1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A cleric is having fun ...

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by thetruth, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

^Hu-hum, I was actually reffering to thetruth, but don't get me wrong, I am looking forward for your ascension too! :) Just I am...pretty sure you will be able to win the battle big time (unless some very nasty Wild Surge occurs ofcourse), but now I have great worries for thetruth. :mommy:

But please do not rush or anything. Play slowly, and have fun. We play this game for fun, right?

2. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

^ Tis okay...I like rushing. Mostly because I cannot WAIT to go buy Oblivion and start playing it 20 hours a day... :D

Also...meh, anything to boost my post count ASAP! :roll:

Edit: You're QUICK dude...I hit refresh after a minute and all three threads I posted in have been posted in by you... :roll:

3. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Thanks for proving that clerics aren't that useless as I always thought they would be!

I'm dying to end my game with a monk so I could start a new one with a C/T.

Then I'd wait for the UAI to kick in and have some fun with Jansen adventure-wear and armor of faith and that flail which gives 20% damage resistance!

Yaga-Shura, eat your heart out...

4. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

don't forget the helm with the like 50% blunt resistance.

5. thetruth Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

OK guys...The final Battle is impossible for a solo cleric on insane :(
    Not that I didn't know that (look here ).

I have convinced Balthazar to aid me when I will enter ToB,I have done the last preparations and I am ready to enter the Throne.

I have done some tests,doing the battles with CTRL-Y,just to make my plans,choose my spells etc...And I have to say that I don't have a clue how a solo character (other than a mage-class) can do it.

The biggest problem on insane is that there is NO rest between the battles (clicking the pools do not restore your spells).And in this fight there are 4 phases before the fight with the 5 and Melissan.

1st Phase : Irenicus,Bodhi,Imoen-Slayer and 2 Fallen Solars (with some amazing abilities: dispel+stun/hit, creeping dooms,earthquakes,f.storms,full heals,etc.)

2nd,3rd,4th Phases : Demons...
    Baalors,Glabrezus,Succubus,Mariliths,Alu Fiends,Babau (backstab a lot !),Cambions,Nabasu etc...

ALL of them are IMPROVED versions of the normal demons.F.e. cambions have many GWW attacks,others cast Gate for more Demons etc...

Now if I want to arrive at the final pool and face the 5 and Melissan,I must not use ANY spell in the 4 first phases...Do you think it is possible ??? :confused:

I will not use cheese like :

a)Gate for Pit Fiends
    b)Cast Sorcery from the Planar Sphere mod (I have never used it)
    c)Lower the difficulty level before clicking the pools for spell restoration
    d)Hehe...Wand of Wonder's pietrification which ignores EVERYTHING and allows NO save :evil: (Melissan must be grateful :angel: )

But I can't think of anything else too...Any thoughts ? :confused:

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Man. I feel kinda sorry for you. You should not give up so quickly! Try and try and you will succed. How did your solo fighter manage to kill them anyway?

Did you try Mind Flayer circlets, (it works on Sarevok!) Staff of Command's un-resistable domination? Why don'y you use Pit Fiends BTW? Have your simulacrum summoning a load of PFs. Also try new Bhaalspwan powers like Unleash, Control Demons, etc.

What say you?

7. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

@ Silverstar

My fighter was ... a 40 level fighter :p

He could fight without buffs.
    Do you know how difficult is for a cleric without buffs to kill a Fallen Solar like those ? Also I play on insane, a solar like those can kill you with 4-5 hits. I can't even think how I can deal with 10 improved demons without using buffs-spells.

As for the circlets... I have only 2 of them and they will not solve any problems.
    Simulacrum,again 1 charge.
    I repeat,I won't use cheese (Bag of Holding for more charges) or Pit Fiends.I don't want to do it this way ...

Who said that I give up ? :D
    I am too masochist to give up so early.I am just telling that I don't see what I can do to win the final battle :confused:

8. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

@thetruth: Ah...finally we see the much awaited battle!! Hurry up and finish ti! :D

PS: Off topic I know, but I updated my thread...and since I was the last poster...its still alll the way down on the forum page...just so you guys know! :D

9. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

Hehe,probably Faraaz is not aware of the situation :rolleyes: :D

HOW ??? :confused:

10. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

Oops...I just read your post on the previous page.

CTRL+R?? :) I dunno...

I'm having problems with just a Wild Mage/Cleric...so I can imagine what your situation is... :D

11. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

Since you have Wish,you won't have many problems until the 5.Then you must be careful because the battle is not finished even with the 5 dead.
    After the 5 come MANY Demons with Melissan and the fight becomes even more impossible...

But with some good planning (and cheese) a mage can do it.

12. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

The Five? Heh...that planetar with the arrows of dispelling is bugging me a lot. The Five are a LONG way away at the moment my friend... :D Perhaps Physical Mirror? Or the Shield of Reflection +2? Hmm...

*Goes off to try it out*

13. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Well...I feel extremely lucky...and CHEESY as I beat the final battle in my very first try, though it was hard I agree. But I had a party ofcourse. Shame on me eh?

Maybe one day I should try soloing as well, if I ever get the courage. You guys are simply marvelous!

Anyway. Hmm, your cleric is indeed in big trouble, I do not know how you can refresh yourself after each battle without a wish spell. Take Imoen, raise her WIS to 18 via potions, and cast from scroll. :p I know it is against the idea of soloing, but hey, she is your sibling, she can at least do that little help! :shake: Oh, forget about it... :p

I have no other idea... :wail:

14. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

I will try again later ... I am too frustrated to think of anything good right now :(

I have done this battle with a 4 member party too on insane BUT I had some fighters so I didn't have to cast many spells in the first 4 Phases.And if you have some scrolls even better ... It can be done even without using Wish.

I think that even my fighter would have more chances than my cleric in this battle (with my fighter I beat Ascension but on core difficulty).

But a cleric without spells is a ... dead cleric :( :(

15. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

@thetruth: BE A WILD MAGE! Then you can cast Nahal's Reckless Dweomer either till you get a surge which refreshes your spells, or a Wish casting which lets you rest...

Also...I came across Xyx's spell pages a while back, but only re-read them recently.

Have you had a look?

Unlimited spells for a Mage...without all that pesky Wish stuff... :D I LOVE MAGES! :D

16. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

But this really does not help the solo-cleric... :(

I still have faith in your abilities thetruth, just so you know! Go and kick that Melissan's godly and over-grown a**! :banana:

Please.... :cry:

17. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

Man...I've played this game a lot...and I mean A LOT! But I cannot think of anything you could do to beat Melissan...

Well, if thetruth is willing to bend his self-imposed non cheese rules, I guess he COULD install the RestAnywhere mod... :) No worries then! :D

18. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

Seriously now,is there any mod that allows you to save the game while there are enemies around ?

I wouldn't have any problems using it, since later I will probably experience game crashes too :( (if I manage to arrive at the final pool ...)

19. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

If you knock it down to core the pools will replenish your spells. You'll only have to get through two fights to get them back. Or at least that's the way I remember it working just recently when I went through Ascension on Core.

Maybe I'm just loopy though. hell I don't know how you got through it with a mage without needing your spells restored.

20. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

Wish?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.