1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ajantis is upset... Why?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Caliban, May 27, 2002.

1. Caliban Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Ive recently begun to go about plowing through BG1 again, and I have just gotten into the city of Baldurs Gate.

Ajantis, though I am done with the bandit quest and the mines quest, is complaining with the likes of "Why must we tarry about when there is more important stuff to be doing?", but just verbally but it actually shows up in print at the bottom.

Is there a specific mission to be completed before is satisfied?

I really dont want to lose him, he is essential.

Caliban

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Ajantis is a paladin, so he has a Lawful Good alignment. When he complains, he isn't content with the behaviour of the party. It might be because of your reputation. Check yout reputation.... Be careful that it doesn't drop below 12. When it is higher, Ajantis does complain a bit but doesn't leave. When it is lower, you really should do some good things to raise it. Ah, when you have Jaheira in your party too, she will start complaining when your reputation is too high ;)

3. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Jaheira is quite annoying though ... i mean she is a good healer and druid and all but thats where it stops ... there are others out there that could fill her role easily and more successfully... like that girl turned to stone at Nashkal ... she has some handy abilities and a larger choice of spells at her disposal ...

4. Caliban Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I definately got rid of Jaheria quick, tanking Branwen.

Reason?

Jaheria isn't really a match for Branwen because Branwen becomes a valuable warrior when equipped with the hammer that you acquire fighting Bassilus the mad cleric. (Not to mention any equippable weapon.) Jaheria is limited to a spear or a sling or something of a lower power. The spells are fairly similar (not entirely sure of differences). I usually use my cleric for healing and poison curing, so there's really no problem there.

Caliban

[This message has been edited by Caliban (edited May 29, 2002).]

5. Sniper Gems: 28/31

I think this is right... but because Jaheria is a druid, she can only cast nature based spells while clerics can cast all of the divine spells available in the game ... thus in my opinion, the clerics abilities are worth more ... even though druids can ploymorph themselves i think ...

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Indeed. I never saw much use for shapeshifting..... The problem is that you also cannot use Khalid then, and he is also pretty good. And Branwen has an annoying voice. I made a Cleric as main character to solve that problem :)

7. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Yeah ... what is the use of shapeshifting?
    I mean, i got this ring that allows you to change into a wolf and er ... well, i changed into a wolf thinking that people would er ... leave me alone but those red ringed monsties still go charging me!

So whats with polymorphing? is it like infravision which is basically useless?

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    It sounds like you left Ajantis standing around too long, that's his boredom complaint, try clicking on him and telling him to do stuff or go to the nearest temple and donate. Make sure your rep is over eight I think it is because that is when he gets all whiney

9. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    A Note on Jaheira -

Of course shapeshifting sucks, but ...

Have any of you tried specializing in 'Small Swords', equipping her with the Dagger of Venom, Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise, a shield, and Darts of Stunning as a secondary weapon? She then easily surpasses Branwen for combat prowess. Heck, I include them both in my good party.

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Sniper, about the Cloak of the Wolf: As Wolf you walk much faster, so yo ucan explore area's in less time. Shapeshifting makes the druid do a bit more damage I think.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.