1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best stats for diplomat?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Voy, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Voy Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Hey whats stats do I need to get all dialogue options, etc?

2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Dialogue options are not determined by your stats, but by skill. If you don't put ranks in sense motive, a high wisdom won't get you much more option later in the game as DC improves.
    I thought there was some sort of walkthrough or guide that had exact numbers of de DC's for the dialogue options, but I can't seem to find it.

3. Voy Gems: 5/31

well I played IWD2 and there too skills were important but I remember reading on this forum that game in some cases made WIS/INT/CHA checks - so I assumed that TOEE is also at least to some extent dependent on stats :) ofc I will make my diplomat a mage or something so he gets a lot of skill points(i assume number of skillpoints is determined by INT)

4. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Charisma. Make a rogue for best results (lots of skill points, all dialog skills are class skills).

Charisma affects bluff, diplomacy, intimidate, and gather information. Wisdom affects sense motive.

5. Laclongquan Gems: 5/31

Veteran

:necro:

First time trying this game after a decade of delay~

At first I make a 18INT Rogue to be the faceman (with intend to dual Mage later). He sure got the skill point for it. But then that would put too heavy burden on him, what with many rogue duties he has to perform.

So I roll a Bard to do it and replace the old Rogue with a new one, contrate on rogue skills. It's also easier on his stat. The Bard got most of dialog skills, and probabbly will be a good supplement for the rest.

My party of 5 got a full roster: bard, rogue, cleric, mage, and druid. The plan is to get the cleric as doorstopper and the rest pound on targets with magic. Elmo is a welcome addition.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.