1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Blind archer - Xachariah (PST veterans come here)

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Kindo, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Kindo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello, I would welcome any ideas, suggestions, or thoughts you might have on converting the character Xachariah from PS:T to NWN. This new feat Zen Archery made that quite possible. But I could use some advice on his character. Alignment, deity, etc. I know it's impossible to fully convert him, but atleast make a decent copy. I would say he would be outstanding in Spot and Listen. So a class that has those skills as class skills would be best.

At first, I was thinking fighter. But they lack the proper class skills, and are usually quite low on WIS. Ranger would be pretty nice, but I don't see Xachariah as some sort of tree-hugger. Then I thought of Rogue...not too bad. But a bit off nonetheless. So anyway, ideas? Suggestions?

2. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

A ranger. Not for role-playying reasons (tree-hugger), but for archer reasons.

And by the way, why can't he be a ranger ? If I remember correctly, there was no indication given, that he might not be an ranger. Ok, maybe some indication for being cold-hearted (when you meet the old lady somewhere in the hive talking about the former group), but nothing which would exclude a ranger, irrc. But having a blind archer which actually plays no role in the party leaves obviously some biographic freedom, because not restraint to a rule-book.

What about a monk ?

3. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

How about a straight fighter with no multiclassing whatsoever?

The extra feats make a deliberately built fighter a better archer than a ranger, I think.

And yes, I love PS:T. :D

4. Kindo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The thing is that he should be exceptional in spot and listen. And fighters don't have those as class skills.

A monk would be cool. But monks are "believers" in some sort of diety. So I would need to know a fitting deity for him to worship. And alignment, my guess is Chaotic Good or Lawful Neutral. Thoughts?

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I don't know about this PST character, so this could all be nonsense...

Solonor Thelandira is the Elven Deity of archery and hunting. He is Chaotic Good and has War as one of his domains and the Longbow is his favourite weapon. Elves have keen senses and clerics have high wis.
    Making an Elven cleric of Solonor, these are called 'Hawkeyes', would be quite suitable, I guess. Give him Zen archery for Wisdom bonus on archery or the War domain for boosting your Dex.
    Clerics of Solonor Thelandira often multiclass as rangers or Arcane Archers.

Solonor is one of my Favo-Deities. :)

Edit:
    Ugh! Been stupid here...
    Spot and Listen aren't cleric-skills.

[ July 02, 2003, 20:45: Message edited by: Master of Nuhn ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.