1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can't connect to #sorcerers

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Ragusa, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    For some weird reason I can't connect mIRC to #sorcerers on chat.planetz.net (6777) recently. However, my internet works flawless otherwise - anyway, is there a general problem with IRCs atm? If not it's probably my ISP. So, anyone else here who has this problem?

[ October 26, 2002, 14:11: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Uytuun and I both have that problem

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] The chat server has been up and down over the last two days. Unfortunately, there's no alternative. I'm making inquiries as to what's up, I hope it's just temporary.

4. deBhaal Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Irc.linkline.com works for me, but nobody is in the room.

chat.planetz.net doesnt seem to connect for me for some reason.

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

looked at their site and it mentioned this may be going on through the entire weekend. Didn't see anything inclining the service has stopped, just needing a fix.

6. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Lokken -- What site did you check?

7. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

I would to post the link, alas I forgot. I got it while I got onto er.. chat.planetz.net for a brief note. They make those maintainance notices, and I clicked a link to see what was going on. I'll post it, if I find it.

8. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    yesterday linkline made such a maintainance notice, stating they had routing problems (whatever that may be).

9. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

10. Spellbound

Wow! That explains it! Thanks very much for posting the link, Lokken!

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well, you have it all in that link Lokken posted. All we can do at this point is wait.

12. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Stupid, stupid IRC... :D :p

13. Spellbound

Well, it appears that some are able to connect now and some still are not. :rolleyes: Grrrr.

Just got done trading e-mails with the IRC help desk. They advised that the chat.planetz.net server still was not pointing at the correct IP address, as of 8:43 pm Pacific time, with no confirmed ETA. In the interim, they advised bypassing chat.planetz.net and connecting through irc.linkline.com directly, instead. Worked great!

[ October 27, 2002, 04:35: Message edited by: Spellbound ]

14. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] How do you connect with irc.linkline.com? Whats the port?

[edit]please ignore what i've just said because i found out. The same as chat planetz, so is it actually my port rather than their port or something? well doesn't matter because let me on :)

[ October 27, 2002, 12:58: Message edited by: Lazy Bonzo ]

15. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

irc.webmaster.com works as well

16. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] No, it does not. Webmaster is no longer connected to the server the SP channels are on. Do NOT use irc.webmaster.com under any circumstances. The SP chatrooms are NOT on that server any more. The only ways to connect currently are via chat.planetz.net or irc.linkline.com. QuickChat will be fixed shortly.

[ October 28, 2002, 00:22: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

17. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It works! It finaly works. Now if only someone would get on... /me glances a Ragusa, urging him to connect

18. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I still got some problems with quickchat. Cant log in. No possibility to type anything on a plain white screen....

19. Taluntain

Media:
    You need to install the java package from Sun. Check the post with the acronyms in SS, I give all the details there.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.