1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dreams - how well do you know yourself

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Oct 22, 2003.

1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Playing PS:T and reading Shura's stories can cause strange reams.

Last night, I walked into a room in which some of "my" ancestors had flayed their own skin to preserve the writings upon them, and they were hanging on the walls in neat squares, their mummified bodies in the corner.... And this wasn't even remotely scary.

Of course, the dream also had superheroes, mutants, and me getting a "fandom" award in front of loads of pople (School?) due to my knowledge of Disney... did I mention smugling, metal detectors and other very weird stuff?

I blame it all on reading Shura's work. *nods*

2. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Shura has works? I would like to read them some time.

3. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

You cannot imagine the nightmares I had while trying to write Maiden of Pain. Things got too creepy after a while and I decided to stop there and then.

I can only take sadomasochism, torture and paedophilia so far in writing. :(

Son of Strife was rather trying as well. The vile content within it was somewhat balanced by the whole twisted 'heroic' concept. I keep dreaming about parts of that story that I've thought out but have not written down yet. Once I've even dreamt of Kalvairn giving a lecture and me trying to take notes on the margins of a Timestop scroll. :D

Perhaps I should stop writing for a while. And maybe go easy on the BG2 as well. :p

And those are my more pleasant dreams. :rolleyes:

Like I said before, I wish I had more dreams about women. :D

4. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

So where can I get a hold of your writings then? I'm trying to get into writing myself - dreams are a good sort of inspiration but my problem is not lack of imagination....its motivation. If anybody on SP wants something to read, give me your area of interest, maybe from a dream even and I will write a short story. It might give me some drive to kick start my career :D
    By the way, I'm off to uni for the second time next year to study journalism so this type of stuff may be helpful.
    I would like to read whatever you have Shura, if you have a link to any of it.

5. Arabwel

Media:
    In last night's dream I was talking to Eze, who turned into a vampire and tried to bite me. Is that weird?

Also, there was something Ghost-ship-esque, and quite a lot of weird characters, big wawes, apparently some elves and other oddity.

*sigh*

Shura, I can only try to imagine what kind of horrors writing such stories as you do might spring from the subconsciousness... *hugs Shura*

6. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

What did you do when she bit you? I'd say that's the part which holds the signifigance.

Depending on your own internal outlook, it could mean any number of things, I can think of about 5, but it really depends on you.

7. Arabwel

Media:
    Um, better not to say that. Trust me. But it was not the first fream I gotĀ“bitten in.... never before by someone I know,though.

Trying hard to get lucid dreams...

8. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well, the dream I had last night was one of the worst I can remember in my entire life. All i knew in the dream was that there was a feeling of a force of pure unadulterated evil trying to kill me and as hard as I tried I could not wake up. I did wake up at one point only to realise that I was still actually asleep and had dreamed that I woke up, and I'm still shaking from it some 10 hours after wkaing up. I think I now have some idea what true terror is.

9. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, I'm actually jaleous of all those people that can remember their dreams. I can't for some reason and it's not cause I don't dream. I know I have them cause I can remember having them when I somehow wake up in the middle of them, but in the time it takes to open my eyes and get lucid enough to grab something to write, they're gone again. I've tried lots of remembering techniques for my dreams but none help. :(

10. P4TRiQ Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I dream of a girl every night.. it's haunting me.. I am the only one in the scool whe like her..

11. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I had two really weird dreams last night. Both were your normal, run of the mill fantasy, and I know the first was because I've been reading The Eye of The World, but the second was weird.

I was sitting in a cafeteria with all my friends from a school trip abroad (now that I think about it, these folk are in my dreams quite often, probably because the trip was the greatest time I'd had in my life.), suddenly the earth opened out and a giant gaping hole tore across this cafteria, all my friends got clear, but for myself and this girl I've known since I started secondary school. We started falling but, I grabbed a ledge and held on, whilst grabbing her wrist and saving her from the fall. Then the ledge crumbled and broke, and we started falling. Somehow though there was this big pillar of rock at the centre of the chasm and we got over to it (I have no idea how) and clinged on.

Across from us my friends were standing at the opposite ledge, not saying a word, just watching. I started climbing the ledge, pushing her in front of me, so I could catch her if she fell. All the solid rocks were falling out when we put our weight on them, and the rest was like putting your hand in sand, and the girl kept falling, and I had to catch her, whilst finding my grip in this sandy stuff, and I knew I could make it if I didn't have her extra weight stopping me from getting a firm hold. Eventually though, she did slip, and I couldn't catch her, and she slowly slid down into the darkness of this chasm, screaming as her hands could get no purchase on the rock. I felt glad that I didn't have her extra weight holding me down, but thought that I should go down after her and save her. Instead I abandoned her and continued my slow climb to the top of this pillar.

When I awoke, I have never felt quite as guilty, even though I know it was a dream.

12. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

My dreams are not of the same kind. They're completely random. Well... not very "completely" because they're mostly about D&D and the like.

I once dreamed I was a powerful wizard blasting, burning, shocking everyone. Another time I dreamed I was a raging barbarian slaying everyone in my path and in another dream I was a knight fighing in an epic battle. The last one was pretty real... my mother heard me shouting in the night: "Hold the lines! Hold the lines!"

13. Orrick the Grey Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

When I was younger I used to dream of santa claus. But he was not the ordinary jovial santa, he had sharp teeth and an evil smile, and he hunted me down and....and....and I am glad I dont have that same dream anymore.

14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    As the topic has been resurrected and my answer in here had not been full:

People. In detail. People I don't know and most probably will not ever know. Still, they have detailed facial features, looks, personalities etc. They talk to me, they interact with me. Often they want something from me. In most cases it appears I know the person in question.

Used to be battles in the past.

And my death, or moments close to it. Never in bed, never from again. Court martial executions (by enemy) and the like.

15. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    when I'm stressed I have a recuring dream of a drain pipe moving really fast towards then away then back at me, with a scycadelic back ground.

This is completely serious and I wake up disorientated every time and I hate it but I don't seem to be able to rid myself of it...luckily I ain't stressed about my exams...yet.

16. Shazamdude Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I had a strange dream last night.

I'm in this boat, in the middle of a lake, with 3 other people, some oars, and a knife. We're all infected with this horrible, contagious disease. I present my crewmates with two possibilites.

1. We row to shore, and seek help. We have a chance of survival, but we also have a great chance of infecting others with the disease, and causing widespread death and misery.

2. We use the knife to kill ourselves, and while we die, there is no chance of anybody else ever contracting our disease.

Kind of a moral quandry there. I was for suicide, but I woke up before I knew what the other people would have chosen.

17. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I remember around 2-4 dreams per year. And even then they're some sort of fantasy adventures I was thinking of while falling asleep. So guess there's not much room for interpretation there.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.