1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Elementus... we'll miss you

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Z-Layrex, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] For anyone who dosn't read the front page (which I noticed was quite alot of you), Elementus has just passed away in his sleep... I can't believe it... I spoke to him almost everyday on ICQ, he was only 16 for christ's sake... He was apparently in a car accident last weekend and was in a coma all this week. (PinkGiraffe was his news posting name)

[ October 19, 2002, 11:10: Message edited by: Z-Layrex ]

2. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

8people just told me, *we both play on the same online games*.

At least he passed away in his sleep.

My condolences for his family and relations

Frosty.

3. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

That's sad to hear and sad in any other case.

I hope he is with God now.

A wedding and a death in the same week for the SP community.

[ October 19, 2002, 00:14: Message edited by: C'Jakob ]

4. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

May we give thanks for those that are still with us, and remember those who are not.

5. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

[​IMG] My condolences.

Although i havent read a lot of his posts he seemed like a really nice guy.

He will be missed :(

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Seems as though its a bad week. All I can realy remember of him is is avatar, I realy liked that his. Such a shame :(

7. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

[​IMG] It's hit the news team quite bad seeing as how we spoke to him often about SP work, etc. But as I said to Tal, I guess that's life...

[ October 19, 2002, 11:07: Message edited by: Z-Layrex ]

8. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Tis truly a loss to SP and to all of us.
    My condolences to everyone who knew or was related to him.

Padeen.

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

A death is always a sad thing, especially of one so young. My condolences go out to all of his friends and family.

10. Mandoline Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My name is Gibson. I have been a friend of Jeff since he was in second grade. I am glad that so many people recognize him. He was such a good person. I am at his house, and its just sad. I cant help it. I'm crying right now, and ask anyone that has ever met me, I never cry. He was in a band, a great band. People said he would be one of the greatest drummers, and he could of been. He was so creative, and meant so much to me... I cant accept the fact that one of my greatest friends is gone. I just cant believe it. His knew so much about music, and was guerentted the job of a radio personality. I feel empty now. I drive by, and see where he used to sit in the window, I see his writing desk with the white candle and the stack of papers. He loeved his girlfriend more then anything, no one has ever loved someone more then he did. I cant write anymore, the tears are making the keys blurry.

11. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

:cry:

I knew nothing about him exept for his name and nationality. But, whenever I spoke to him about news posting and other things, he was not once ever rude or abnoxious. I'm just glad the last time we spoke, we were on good terms. The worst of it was yesterday when I deleted him off my ICQ contacts list...

12. Mandoline Gems: 1/31

Hello again. Looking through his address book, I found his password for Elementus, and I think jeff would like to have his file continued. His thoughts were sometimes like a Paladin. He took even the simple tasks as a test. He would want his profile to continue. I am leaving the one known as Elementus closed for now until I find a good person to take Elementus over, unless someone would say otherwise. He liked to help people and the message board was one of his favorites. I dont know, not me, or anyone of his friends knew more then he did. I miss him very much. Tommorow is his funeral, and I hope I can survive it, I know I will break down at the viewing. I sent the small portion of his work to one of the people at this website. I dont know what to do with it all. A good friend of ours is building a section to his website about Jeff. I will miss him, now and forever as Jeff would say. Thats how Jeff ended his letters to his love. Jeff would write at the bottom:

Love, now and forever
    Jeff

13. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

[​IMG] Tal has asked me to post the messages put up by certain SP members on the post's 'comments' utility so that they don't get lost in the archives:

[Err, no... I just wanted you to post the link. Here it is: http://www.sorcerers.net/cgi-bin/ktalk/1034890130,61180,.shtml] -Tal

[ October 20, 2002, 11:20: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

14. Mandoline Gems: 1/31

I was just looking around and found this....

Profile for Elementus
    Member Status: Gems: 4/30
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Member Number: 3334
    Email Address: jhagerl@hotmail.com
    Interests: Aquatics, Fantasy, Waffles, Making fun of myself

15. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

too bad... i was a pretty good friend of him a time ago... i will miss him... life sux... i mourn with his girlfriend from distance... i wouldn`t survive if my girlfriend Emma died... i would have jumped out of a bridge... poor Elementus... bye...

16. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

This is just a suggestion to remember those that are to no longer be with us anymore ... for the present.

And that would be to have a page which dedicates those people's time here at Sorcerer's Place with some of their quotes, posts etc. which would describe them best. What do you people think? What about you Admins?

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    This is the first death of anyone even loosely connected with SP since its founding, so I don't think it'd be warranted. We have all the good memories stored here on the boards anyway.

[ October 22, 2002, 17:16: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.