1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fav. Weapon and Spell?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by MD, Nov 12, 2001.

1. MD Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] What are your fav. weapon? My fav. is The longsword ( The equalizer :cool: )
    And my fav. spell is the magic missile and the fireball :evil:
    What about you?

2. Mirkwood Guest

[​IMG] Favourite weapon:

Black Blade of Disaster
    damage 2d12+5
    enchanted +6
    victim must save vs death (+4 bonus) or be disintegrated
    10% chance of draining victim of 4 levels and healing weilder 20 hit points

Favourite spell:
    Umm... Black Blade of Disaster

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Best weapon: Namarra, flail-of-the-ages, C'Fury, Jhor the bleeder, mace of disruption (evils can get it before cleaning the vampires nest ;) ) and some more +2's I love (Kundane, Arabane's swords, a few spears and plenty of daggers)

Best ranged weapon: (for an archer) Manabow (he doessn't need that much extra weapon damage ;) ), strong arm, some crossbows and *the shortbows*. Darts, slings and throwing knifes are fine either :D

Most powerful spell:
    probably Cloudkill - for (a) normal spell protections don't hinder it's effect, (b) it is poison so a cavalier (immunity to poison - however - can be achieved with ring of gaxx and the poison resistance necklace as well) can stand inmidst the mess and melee his enemies while they are weakened and harassed by the cloud :D, (c) it offers instant kill on umberhulks while effecting mindflayers (unlike Abi Dalzim's :( )
    Fav spell howerver is emotion ;)

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited November 12, 2001).]

4. wittynewt Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hi,

Favourite weapon?

there are so many great ones, but if I had to choose?

Staff of Magi

Favourite spell?

low level mage - breach
    high level mage - time stop

lowish level druid - insect plague
    high level druid - summon a great big nasty elemental!

low level cleric - holy smite
    high level cleric - sunray (for undead)
    summon deva (for everything else)

Cheers,

WittyNewt

5. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

[​IMG] Fav weapon? in general longswords, but Lilarcor is my fav sword :)

Fav spell would be magicmissile for lowlevel chars, from there, finger of death (I like giving people the finger ;) ) and mordenkainen's sword.

6. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Generally, war hammer, katana, and 2h sword serves me well in BG2;

My sorcerer's fav. picks should be animate dead, project image.

7. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Favorite weapon: Carsomyr, Tansheron's short bow +3, Daystar, mace of disruption +2, Kundane +2, Celestial fury;

Favorite spell: Animate dead, Mordenkainen's sword, Power word Stun, Finger of death;

8. Masher Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Weapon: Daystar, Tuigan Bow (just cause you can get them early)

Spell: (mage) Magic Missile
    (cleric) Insect swarm

9. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Weapon: Gesen Bow, Lilacor

Spell: Magic Missiles, Fireball

10. Demonater351 Guest

Favorite weapons: Daystar dual-wielded with Celestial Fury.

Favorite Spell: Sunray (undead? what undead?)

11. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Weapons:
    Dakkon's Blade (bonus CD. also found in the games section of SP as a download) :grin:
    Celestial Fury
    Carsomyr

Spells:

Magical: Breach and Stoneskin

Clerical: Heal and Restoration (duh!) :)

Druidic: Summon Fire Elemental and Insect Plague

12. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I love death spell; I know its not that great for fighting monsters that actually pose a threat to you, but being the lazy git I am those "You have been waylaid by enemies and must defend yourself" battles really start to get on my nerves. Death spell ensures these battles are over in an instant, providing the minimum of annoyance and inconvenience. Plus I love all the little ghost thingies that float up when you slay a horde of baddies with it :D

13. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[spoiler?]
    Nobody uses feeblemind?
    I managed to plant it on all dragons in the game. They just stand there.... it even works on irenicus, the last battle. Although it does make the rest of the fight kinda boring. Hack till he drops. I did find out the interesting fact with it that irenicus has some form of permanent regeneration on him.
    [/spoiler?]

14. Meester M Gems: 2/31

Holy Smite, how I love thee! Let me count the ways;

So many of the bad guys are evil, and if you are playing a good party you can toss it right into the middle of a melee and not hurt your guys at all. Lower Resistance, and even big baddies like demons and dragons will feel the righteous pain. All this, at a mere 3rd level! It looks neat, too.

Even though its not too creative, I would have to say that C-Fury is my favorite weapon, mostly because I like the visual effects.

15. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I used to really like the Equalizer and Crom Fayer. There were a few enemies who wouldn't die quickly even with that dual-wield combo.

Then someone mentioned the Killsword, and
    I've been using it ever since. The Killswords rocks.

As far as spells, I'd have to go with Death Fog because I can load up a wand with 1000 charges, and give one to everyone in my party.

Gibbles and bits, Oh! My!

16. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Yeah, that is cool :) I made a custom item, the thundersword +18 that deals out massive 1984 damage each hit + 17 electrical damage, it gives a THACO bonus of +45 and 7 extra attacks. There is a 99% chance to score a cry-of-the-banshee- and timestop-spell each hit .......... and, yeah, I dualwield it with the crom faeyr for the THACO bonus of having str-25! That rocks !!! I mean: that are 22.000 damage per round (excluding str- and kit damage boni) ... :rolleyes:

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited November 15, 2001).]

17. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] ROTFL!

There ya go brother!

18. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] Yes, when my max level monk (with the XP cap remover of course) was going through the game again, he couldn't get through those pesky goblins in Irenicus's dungeon, so I just summoned the killsowrd from the console - worked like a treat! :rolleyes:

Seriously, tho, my faveorite weapon is the Dragon's breath halberd. My faveorite spell is Clear Light wounds :p :p

:D :heh: :happy: :D

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited November 14, 2001).]

19. Meester M Gems: 2/31

Obviously someone's favorite weapon is his mighty wit; perhaps combined with the "Bigby's Sarcastic Reply" spell?

20. Lord Sarevok Guest

I agree with Will, the Death Spell is awsome. Although I disagree that it's ineffective against most enemies. Often there is a horde of baddies in front of a mage baddie and you have to hack though all the baddies just to get to the mages which are holding and confusing your guys while you're busy just trying to get to them. Many times I've actually been killed this way.....but a death spell usually takes all of the weaker guys blocking you and sometimes even the mages as well. :) Also it usually takes out the goons of a boss leaving him all alone for you to pound on.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.