1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Firewine Treasures : NOTHING

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by davycop, Aug 5, 2001.

1. davycop Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I saw a post some weeks back about firewine ruins. Someone was asking whether the loot was worth the pain of going through the dugeon and a few ppl said the there was a treasure pile in the middle of the ruins.

The first time I started BG I skipped firewine. This time I decided to get the loot. I went through every inch of the place - a very irritating experience - and there is no loot to pick. I checked the walkthrough(from Sorcerer's Walkthru section) of BG and there was no mention of any loot there either.

Is there loot there or not. If someone has actually found anything could they please give me the exact location? And what items do you get? Thanks.

2. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

If you don't count the ghosts' quest and that mage near the entrace to the halfling's village there really isn't anything there. (Except for a huuuge amount of fire arrows :p)

3. Fljotsdale Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

yeah, there is the quest to get the tome from the ghost at the entrance, the quest for the ghosts INSIDE the dungeon, and the mage in the lower bridge area (outdoors). You get some useful loot - don't remember what, long time ago, and lots of nice exp points and, as already mentioned, lots of fire arrows.It is a good idea to do the quest for the ghosts INSIDE as soon as possible as completion seems to cut down on the amount and power of respawning critters. Talk to the Bard and listen to his song before you go in if you want handy info.

4. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

That 'tome quest' you're referring to is in Ulcaster, not Firewine...

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I only found a cracked armor and a scroll of cloudkill, guess a cloudkill is ok, except I can't memorize it due to the XP cap

6. davycop Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I guess that settles it then! Firewine, IMHO, is not really worth it. I managed to get tons of fire arrows and did finish all the quests.

I don't find the experience gained all that much though. And the only worthwhile loot from the orge mage and the other mage is the Cloudkill scroll. The rest of the loot are just some semi-valuable gems. On the other hand, Firewine has to be the most irritating dungeon I have ever visited. Kobolds pop out of thin air! All the time! I think I'll stay away from it from now on.

7. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] I went in there, looked around, F*&k this! Left...

8. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

If you want an easy way to get the oger mages treshure the halfling hut farthest to thelower right ( in the village)basement has a secret door that goes directly to his lair.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.