1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Gonna give this game a go.

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by olimikrig, Dec 22, 2008.

1. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well I figured nwn2 has been collecting dust on my shelf for too long now. I tried it briefly when I first got it back when it was released but I did not think much of it (iirc it was pretty damn buggy back then as well). But since I'm hearing so many good things about the expansions I figured giving it a go and then getting the expansions might be an idea since I'm once again out of anything worthwhile to play.

Now I'll probably have more questions as I progress but first of all I'd like to hear if there's anything to do about the annoying camera angles? I like the character mode one since it lets me rotate the camera so I can see proper; I hate that I have to have party AI enabled for my party members to follow me since I cannot select the entire party at once apparently. It's pretty annoying since my guys tend to rush into combat without giving me a chance to plan proper who's doing what (even if I can pause quickly and take AI off sometimes someone who can't take that many blows will have rushed ahead and stand in a bad position drawing 'aggro' from all the mobs).
    Strategy and exploration mode let's me maneuver my party to a satisfactory degree, but it's a real turnoff that I am unable to rotate the camera so I can get a good view of the 'battlefield' and spot doors and the likes more easily.

Anyways now to the character I'm planning. I was thinking of going with a DragonMaster Negotiator mainly because it seems like a no-brainer sort of character that can stand on it's own. Not having actually tried one in action I would appreciate any input you guys (and gals) might have on the power of this build.

2. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Hey olimikrig,

First patch the game; that is the most important piece. I don't know what you like or dislike for a camera angle. I went with the view directly behind the character and did some minor adjustments in the game options for the camera that allowed me to pull the camera away from the character. This provided a good high view and the camera followed the character selected. At times in the game when entering or existing builds I have to move the camera to move my character or he ends up re-entering the building.

As for the build you selected I would select the Bard class first as it is easy to become LG or CE depending on how you play your character. I started off with a TN build and within 3 or 4 hours of game time I was LG.

I hope this helps.

3. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Heh already completed the game and started on MotB, so :p. Anyways dunno wth was up with my camera seeing as I couldn't change the setting for the different cams, so simply ended up re-installing the lot and then patching again and everything worked out just dandy :).

4. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

You are ahead of me. I have playing the OC since early December. I am taking my time as I want to get as much as I can out of the game. I am enjoying NWN2 OC 10x more than NWN1 OC and all the modules.

If you don't have SoZ I recommend pickign it up. It add the Yuan-ti and Gray Orc races as well as the Swashbuckler class and the HellFire and Doomguide Prc.

5. olimikrig

Media:
    I enjoyed the OC a lot as well, although I'd still say that there's some NwN1 modules that I've played which were better. But just wait until you get to MotB, it will rock your socks. SO far it's the best CRPG campaign I've played since PS:T.
    I think I did pretty much all there is to do in the OC, but I'm on vacation till Jan. 5 so I have a lot of time on my hands :p.
    Also I have SoZ ;).

6. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I was on vacation last week, but I had to bake deserts for my in-laws and my parent's holiday parties. I have part of this week off; hopefully I can sit down and finish the OC over the weekend.

I plan to replay the OC as a CE Rogue/Warlock/Shadow Thief/HellFire Warlock....

7. olimikrig

Media:
    Rather than replaying the OC I'd go straight for MotB tbh, seeing as it continues the story; and simply because it's a great campaign (miles better than the OC).

8. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I plan on playing MotB with my current character

Yuan-ti Pure Blood Cleric/Doomguide/????/??? and the CE Halfing. I may play MotB with my current character first before I start playing as a CE halfing.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.