1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Highest Stat Roll!

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Sorvo, Dec 13, 2003.

1. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Slightlly offtopic, but a friend of mine played through half baldurs gate 2 with a Elf Cleric Lawfull Evil with all the least posibilities he could get (aka minimising all stats), he was dependent upon potions to raise hes inteligence enough to learn spells. Iirc that was the character he palyed teh longest with.

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

And I spent many hours clicking the reroll-button.

Well, point buy saves a lot of time... however the kick of getting a very good roll is also nice :D

The last times I played BG, I played with 4 (thief only party) and a party of two, so I good just keep Dexterity low on one character and give him/her the gauntlets of Dexterity. But still it's a waste, there are better gauntlets in the game.

Just use Shadowkeeper and give your characters 95 points for example.... in stead of rolling for hours before getting the same result :)

3. Shayleigh Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

My best is 92 on an elf mage

4. Cernak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

My best ever was 98 for a half-elf bard. It was kind of a fluke. I'd rolled a 96 bard--the best I'd ever done--and then, through clumsiness, managed to erase her before even starting the game. Trying to retrieve my error, I started rolling again, deciding I'd settle for 93 or 94, another 96 clearly being impossible, and quickly got a 98. Clumsiness rewarded! Okay, it was IWD, not BG, but I still have fond memeories of that die roll, and she is preserved in the character files, ready to battle on.

[ May 04, 2005, 07:18: Message edited by: Cernak ]

5. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    It looks like my 99 still stands :beer:

6. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Mine was somewhere in the early 90's for a Druid. It feels more rewarding to roll this yourself, rather than using gatekeeper.

7. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Dunno sorvo, i thought the 107 point character my buddy rolled up and discarded becose he didnt like elf rangers was quite good.

Nowadays i always create/roll my characters with real dice, and set them up as normal P&P characters, and rather NI/gatekeeper them to as similar to the P&P as posible.

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Wow, that's long ago. I didn't even know they already had D&D-based RPG-games then :D

So what did you roll? ;) :p

9. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

I had a half-elf Cleric/Ranger with:

S: 18/44
    D: 18
    C: 18
    I: 9
    W: 18
    C: 18

It was so cheesey, I didn't play the character past the Friendly Arm Inn.

10. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Although I have gotten 97's and 98's occasionally, and I think my highest ever was a 101, I still think my best character was an elven F/T:

18/00 19 17 9 9 18
    (before tomes)

[ June 15, 2005, 04:47: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

11. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The best character I rolled was a gnome Cleric/Illus.

Str 10
    Dex 18
    Con 16
    Int 19
    Wis 17
    Cha 18

Which was 98

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Best I've managed is 100 on Bronwyn, a halfelf C/R:

STR 18/67
    DEX 18
    CON 18
    INT 10
    WIS 18
    CHA 18

13. MrNexx Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Headbanger said "Wow, that's long ago. I didn't even know they already had D&D-based RPG-games then."

Of course they did! There was Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Secret of the Silver Blades, Pools of Darkness, Champions of Krynn, Death Knights of Krynn, Dark Queen of Krynn, Gateway to the Savage Frontier, Treasures of the Savage Frontier, Neverwinter Nights (yes, I mean Neverwinter Nights), and of course the Eye of the Beholder series, the two Dark Sun games (Shattered Lands and Wake of the Ravager), Menzoberranzan, the two Ravenloft games (Strahd's Possession and the Stone Prophet).

I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

14. Klorox

Aces:
    How'd you dual class an Elf?
    Actually, the highest minimums are on a Half-Elf Ranger (or Cleric/Ranger):
    STR:13
    DEX:13
    CON:14
    INT:4
    WIS:14
    CHA:3

That's a 61!

15. Felinoid

Highest minimums is full elven ranger:
    STR 13
    DEX 13
    CON 14
    INT 8
    WIS 14
    CHA 8
    Total minimum: 70

Here's an interesting little tidbit:

Lowest maximium belongs to the dwarves (any class).
    STR 18
    DEX 17
    CON 19
    INT 18
    WIS 18
    CHA 16
    Total maximum: 106

Second lowest max goes to halflings.
    STR 17
    DEX 19
    CON 18
    INT 18
    WIS 17
    CHA 18
    Total maximum: 107

The rest have normal total maximums of 108.

[ August 23, 2005, 02:41: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

16. Klorox

Wow, good pick up, Felinoid! I forgot about the high Charisma and Intelligence (not to mention Constitution, even after a -1 to their score) of Elves!

17. Felinoid

Yep, it's after the racial penalty that the 14 min. is applied, so you would have to have had 15 before the racial adjustment. I don't deserve all the credit though; this was discussed in another thread. :D

I also find it rather interesting that if you roll stats before picking race (as you're supposed to in 2e), high enough rolls can preclude you from being a dwarf or halfling. :shake:

18. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31

One thing I found interesting in the BG1 game is you cannot lower a gnome Wis below 10 if you are a Illus/Cleric, however every now and than I end up with a ability score of 9 generated by the computer. Can anyone explain this?

19. Felinoid

@Silver Knight:
    Doesn't make sense; it's probably a quirk in the game engine. Gnome clerics have to have 10 WIS before racial adjustment in order to have 9 WIS after. You should be able to reduce it to 9 in the char.-gen. screen, but why would you want to?

20. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31

I don't want to it is just weird that if try to reduce it below ten when it is eleven plus you can't. But when you generate your character the computer can generate a nine. I find it weird. Shouldn't the lowest of that stat anyways computer generated or not stop at 10?
    This morning I was able to get an all time high roll for myself this morning

Str 12
    Dex 18
    Con 16
    Int 19
    Wis 17
    Cha 18

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.