1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Icewind Dale 2 Forum Update

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Jun 23, 2002.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Z-Layrex)

Darren Monohan, Producer

Soundsets details: Yep, it uses that format: 22 kHz, 16-bit, mono WAV files.

Damien Folleto, Junior Designer

Playing the game solo update: Skummy is more than halfway through the game now, and it's EXTREMELY hard. Since his level is 16, he far exceeds the normal party level for the areas, and is subjected to the craziness that is insane level (which is what happens if your average party level is significantly higher than what the "normal" setting the area was designed for). Since Skummy no longer gets XP for killing critters, I have him avoid fights as much as possible. If a fight is unavoidable, then I am slammed by a bunch of high level monsters. When that happens, 9 out of 10 times I must turn the game's difficulty down to easy, or the dreaded Very Easy. So you'll know, Easy setting makes the baddies do 25% less damage per hit and have a -2 penalty to their to-hit. Very Easy sets their damage @ 50%, with a -4 penalty to-hit. It's a big help for the solo monk that has a 30 AC. However, since the critters usually cannot hit Skummy at the Very Easy setting, and there are a lot of critters, sometimes I am relegated to sitting at my desk and watching Skummmy swing away for 20 minutes just to get an opening wide enough between the multitudes of monsters so he can escape. IWD2 was designed from the beginning to be a party based CRPG, and it is very evident from playing the game solo. I much prefer playing the game with a full, or near full party.

Now, I'm not saying that soloing is not doable in IWD2 - hell, I've gotten more than halfway through the game that way. However, I will say that the game is far more interesting with an actual party, even if there are only 3 characters in your party. The different character classes and races really can complement each other, and the game.

Soundsets from Bg1, BG2 and PS:T included: No. Sorry.

Difficulty of encounters depending on party size: Depends on your average party level. If your average party level exceeds the "norm" for the area, some areas will increase the amount of baddies, while others replace the "normal" baddies with more bad-ass, er, um, baddies.

Chad Nicholas, Sciptor

Soundsets: All the sound sets from IwD1 + HoW are in IwD2.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.