1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Imoen escaping Irenicus' dungeon alone

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Dr_Asik, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Dr_Asik Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I'm playing through BG2 once again and there are a couple of oddities I'd like some explanations on.

First, the golden pantaloons were not behind the trapped painting despite me importing my character with the pantaloons in the inventory. This was from playing BGTutu, could this be the reason why the item is not imported?

Second, in that first room with the trapped painting, we found a pair of "Gloves of the Priestly Ranger". No one can equip them. My character is berserker/cleric but cannot use them in any apparent way. What are they?

Third, as we entered the central room with the Otyugh, Imoen tried to open one of the chests which was trapped. Her health dropped to a critical level, and she said something like "I can't die here! I have to get to the surface! I have to go!" She then left the party and disappeared. I've never seen this happen before. Was it just morale failure? Will we see her back at the surface in time for the fight with Irenicus?

Fourth, the genie. I answered his question with "I will not push the button": he summoned 4 gibberlings and disappeared. He did not appear again after we killed the gibberling. However, he seems to appear and tell us to go find Rielev when one my characters gets damaged or dies, specifically after a reload. This seems... weird.

I'm playing through BG2 with ToB installed, along with the BG2 Fixpack, the BG2 Tweaks and Ascension, on Insane difficulty.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  2. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The pantaloons should be there, so it might be because of one of the mods. You could cheat them into not getting deleted by pausing the game right before Irenicus appears in the very first cutscene and dropping them on the ground.

I read that item has something to do with dealing with spell overflow (having too many spells in your spellbook such that the new ones from mods start replacing the original ones). Only Ranger/Clerics can use them.

Yes, you will see her again in the surface. The developers made it so Imoen can't be killed in Irenicus' Dungeon, for reasons similar to why the game is automatically over should your PC die in-game...

The genie should reappear as soon as you kill the last gibberling. Does he reappear every time one of your characters gets damaged or dies? If so, then this is indeed not normal.

3. Dr_Asik Gems: 6/31

He appears once, but rather than after the 4 gibberlings died, it's when a character is in low health or killed.

I forgot to mentionned I installed BP.

4. Jarno Mikkola Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The pantaloons are not found in the first areas first hidden trapped and locked container, the are found in the T conjunction between the Portal room and the area with the Nymphs ... if my memory serves, but they are definitely not in the painting, there's only a +1 dagger and a potion of healing.

5. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    They are hidden behind the trapped painting. If they're not there, make sure that your character from BGTutu didn't have them inside the bag of holding, but directly in his/her inventory. Bags of holding/gem bags/spell containers/ammo belts don't get saved when you save your character, so they will not appear in BG2 if you leave them inside a container. Of course they must also be in your character's inventory, not that of some other party member.

I've never seen these gloves of the priestly ranger - they are likely part of one mod or another.

As Paracelsi mentions, Imoen can't get killed because of the belt she's wearing, but will freak out and leave if her health goes down to 1 hp. She will be there in the cutscene once you leave Irenicus' dungeon, though. I usually use this to 'kick' her out of the party if I'm soloing.

I don't think I've had the genie behave that way. As I recall, he usually spawns an ogre mage if I say I won't push the button and will reappear once I've killed that ogre mage and give me some sort of mind shield protection. I usually just tell him to sod off, though, so I don't remember too well.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  6. Dr_Asik Gems: 6/31

I ended up reinstalling the game without the BP mod, and that fixed all the weird issues. The pantaloons were there, the genie appeared after we killed what he spawned, etc. Anyway I didn't like the BP mod much, it changes too many things.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.