1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Import Items

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition' started by Sorvo, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Can you do this like in the original game? Like the old CLUAConsole... :beer:

2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    The console can be enabled by editing the Baldur.lua file found in the games folder in your documents folder. Add
    SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')
    to the end of the file.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussi...le-in-bgee-sod-bg2ee-in-version-2-0-and-later

There is also an "EE Keeper" for the enhanced edition of the game. Basically a version of Shadow Keeper for all the EE games (BG1, BG2, IWD & expansions).
    https://eekeeper.sourceforge.io/

3. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Thanks again Slickster! Now I just gotta remember how to screw around with files :beer:

4. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    To make it easy, install Notepad++
    https://notepad-plus-plus.org/
    Then you can right-click on almost any file, and choose "Edit with Notepad++".
    Notepad++ also has many built-in templates to make it easy to edit various types of text files with special formats by adding some color. Most are geared towards programmers, but there are a few that are useful for game moders or even laymen.

So install Notepad++, locate and right-click on "Baldur.lua" and add the line in question.
    If you don't want to do that, you can drag Baldur.lua into an empty Windows Notepad (just Notepad in the UI) document and it should open.
    Alternately, from Windows Notepad, choose "open" and change to "all files" while navigating to the location in question.
    You might be able to double-click on the "Baldur.lua" and choose to open it in "Notepad" or "Notepad++". I do recommend the latter on Windows, and Emacs on Linux.

5. Sorvo

Media:
    Using another thing just makes things more complicated to me, I think I tried downloading that once and fucked something up. I figured out old style so I'm sure I'll get this one too :beer:

6. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I actually use both tools, Notepad++ for editing structured files, but I often use Notepad for quick notes or things like stripping formatting before pasting into an e-mail or a Xenforo-powered site like this one, SB, SV, or QQ, or for occasionally just viewing a text file.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
  7. Sorvo

Media:
    Never did one of those things, more proof to my statement :beer:
    OK, I opened the file but I can't attempt to add the line? :beer:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
  8. Sorvo

Media:
    I guess I have to post again so someone knows I'm in trouble :( :beer:

9. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I didn't get an alert, either e-mail or in the "alerts" e-mail which I check every time I've posted an update to the "free games thread".

I'm not sure what the issue is. Is it not letting you save, or not letting you edit the file?
    The first thing I would do is right click on the file and get "properties", assuming you are using Windows. Make sure the file is NOT "read only" on the general tab, aka make sure the checkbox is unchecked.

If it still won't let you save or edit, you may need to run the program as an administrator.
    You shouldn't, since the file is in your personal folder, but there might be some weirdness going on with the install permissions being messed up.
    Again, you should not need to do so, but in any case, find either Notepad or Notepad++ (better) and right-click on it and choose "run as administrator". Authenticate, then choose "open" from the file menu. Navigate to the file in your personal folder and open it that way.
    You should be able to edit and save the file.

If this works, you might want to run CMD as an administrator and CD to the directory with the file, then type
    icacls baldur.lua /grant YOURUSERNAME:F
    Substitute your username for YOURUSERNAME.
    There is an easier way using the GUI with Windows Professional, Business, or Ultimate, but I'm not sure if you can do it with Home. I know you can't in XP home.

10. Sorvo

Media:
    Not letting edit. Check box unchecked. I'll try notepad later :beer:
    Sonna Bitch! I did it :) :beer:
    Once again, Thanx Slickster.
    If I could only get that splitter to work properly again :hmm:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2023
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.