1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

IWD Failed to Connect Multiplayer Problem

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by krisko, Sep 17, 2009.

1. krisko Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Greets again! :)

Well, I'd like to ask for help for few problems I encountered... It's about Icewind dale + HOW + trials

1st. I have trouble setting up a multiplayer game with a friend. Each time I create a (tcp/ip) game he gets to screen where he's asked for session password, but after that he gets a message "failed to connect to a game session" ... we are both using hamachi, and don't have problems playing other games. I can tell that we both have win xp pro, win firewall is set to "unblock", and we have no antivirus programs...
    Additionally, I also have a laptop at home, which is connected to my computer via wireless router, and the multiplayer works normally... I'd be happy for any help I can get regarding a problem my friend has... thanks!

Also, I noticed that ranger with 2 proficiencies in any melee weapon gets 2 and 1/2 attacks per round, unlike other warriors who get 1 and 1/2... so is there a patch to fix that?!

thanks for any assistance you provide me with!

oh, and i apologize for mistake in the thread name... replace "few" with "a" :D

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The ranger thing is not a bug. This was the programming compromise to give rangers in IWD a pseudo-dual wield (as they get in other games). The game allows for a ranger to get an extra attack with a one-handed melee weapon when they do not have a shield in the other hand. It's almost like a berserking ability, the ranger gives up a little defense for a bit more offense -- take advantage of it (it's really great for the ranger/cleric multiclass).

3. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

hamachi is weird like that, the most stable version is 1.0.1.1 i would consider downgrading to that since none of you have vista.

are you using forcebindIP.exe? i remember having problems in hamachi before using it

as i only rarely frequent this board, PM if i do not respond if you need help with any of this, though thorough tutorials are available on google

http://www.sc2gg.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=163

this guide is for Starcraft : BW so just follow the steps describing Forcebind.exe and hamachi

hope it helps, otherwise ask away

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.