1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Level progression table

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by davycop, Aug 8, 2001.

1. davycop Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Does anyone where I can find a level progession table for all the classes. I want to start BG with a figter and dual to a mage and play all the way to TOB. I've read that lvl 9 would be a good time to dual to a mage but I'd like to see the xp table before I decide.

I remembered having seen a table for BG2 but I can't find it now. What about TOB?

2. Silverblade Guest

All the progression tables are in the manuals, so you might want to look in there. But if you're a copycat, you can look here, there maybe level progression tables, I don't know exactly.

3. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

If you're too lazy to search:

BG2 manual, page 119 and onward.
    ToB manual, page 28 and onward.

You have the manuals, don't you?

4. davycop Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I don't have the manuals. That's why I'm searching on the net. I have the manual for BG. I borrowed BG2 from a friend who doesn't have the manual and I haven't even bought TOB yet (I'm planning to soon).

Since I'll be starting BG2 soon, I wanted to know when to dual class my fighter. I tried all sorts of searches but can't find the cp table info online.

5. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

6. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Mild Spoilers Ahead! Read at your own risk!
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -If you plan on playing all the way through ToB, you might want to dual at a higher level. Admitedly, it will take ages to get a complete dual class this way, but if you dual at something like level 9, by the time you've made it half way through ToB, you're fighter class will definately begin to show it's weaknesses. Level 9 sounds high of course, but when you're up against fighters in their mid 20's, with only a thaco of -2 and 1 I beleive, my dual wielding Kensai/Mage misses most of the time.

Oh, and as a side note, don't take Kensai as a kit. There seem to be good reasons for doing so, but at the end of SoA (large spoiler ahead for fighter/mages)............
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -you'll get some bladeslinger chain armor wich allows you to cast spells while wearing it. It can be upgraded fairly easily and early in ToB to a base ac of -1 I think and it is immune to normal weapons.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.