1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

My equipment (best solutions)

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Valer, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Valer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I have played with a solo elven F/M/T. See, how am i equiped she. At the very beginig of the game, when you leave Candlekeep you can get 2 hidden items
    - Ring of Protection+1 and
    - Ring of Wizardy.
    Next question is the armour, you can buy robes:
    - Robe of Good Archmagi
    I needed a good weapon, at low price, so i stole Drizzt's Defender. After killing the grnolls, pickpocket him. If you talk to him, he goes away and you will never see him again.
    - Defender +3 Thac0 -2 AC (this suits to my Robe, gives extra deffense)
    Only the shiled has left
    - Shield+1 can be bought anywhere
    Theese items can be get at the begining of the game, no needs high levels, just some gold (for the Robe, Shield) and pickpocket ability. And this is very close to the optimal, later you can enlarge this with
    - Cloak of Protection+2
    - another Ring of Wizardy
    - Shiled+2 (Durlag's Tower)
    - Amulet, which gives you an extra second level spell
    I think theese are the best items you can ever get in the game... :)

2. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

How did you steal Drizzt's Defender Scimitar? I was only able to get the Frostbrand.

3. Fritz Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

You probably have a patch instaled, without the patch you can pickpocket both of his smitars, but with the patch only frostband.

4. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

It takes wuite a lot at the early stage t pick pocket him, i just kill the bugger.

5. zaknafein Guest

I take it that you have an evil charactor Sir Dargon

6. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

(Why did I ever install that patch?):mad:

7. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] I couldn't get the FAI Ring of Wizardry the latest time I installed/played the game. It depends on what patch you use I guess.

8. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Zaknafien: No i simply waited till i was quite a high level. Summoned loads of monsters to kill him. Then with the massive amount of money i had accumulated i went and bought back my repuation.

Note: If you kill someone when your rep is only average then it won't reduce as much as if you have 20 rep. :evil:

[This message has been edited by Sir Dargorn (edited July 10, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.