1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights Forum News

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Mar 27, 2003.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Veldrin)

Here are today's Neverwinter Nights forum highlights. Please take into account that these are only single parts of various threads and should not be taken out of context.

David Gaider, Designer

Random Encounters: And, indeed, there are community-created scripts out there that do this very thing. We will have our own system for this ready for XP2.

Romances in SoU: The henchmen are a lot more interactive this time around, but no... there are no romances in SoU. Maybe next time.

Advice: I think it's much easier (and much more satisfying in the long run) to make your players really hate your villain. And by hate I mean salivating at the mere thought of running him through, abandoning quests in the middle to chase after him, that sort of thing. Players rarely fear what you think they should. A sense of mortality is very difficult even for the best roleplayer. It's like the unwritten design rule that you should never put a player in a position where the best option is to flee... unless you make it the only one, chances are he won't take it.

Patches: Yes... all the patches up to the point of the expansion's release will be included with it.

Custom Content: I just had a whole thread about this in the custom content section. Basically it's what's been mentioned, though it's several magnitudes more complicated than that. Witch's Wake has a unique advantage with regards to community content because it's not a commercial product... it's free. Bio has mentioned numerous times that this is something we'd like to look at doing, but we're not going to do it until and unless all the legal wrinkles can be worked out.

DM Possesion: You should be able to just go to the special abilities section of the radial and have them all there... unless you don't have any of the patches applied. The original NWN release didn't allow for DM's to use creature special abilities during possession, but that was fixed on the second patch, I believe.

Tom Ohle, Communications Associate

Neverwinter Wednesday: Fact is, this Wednesday will be interesting for people who play bards. Weeks where we reveal spells will be hideously boring to people who really don't like spellcasters. As far as SoU info goes... it's all going to be in your hands by release. Does the order really matter? If you don't take the bard feats now, you'll get them next week, or the week after, or sometime after that.

Craig Welburn, Live Team Programmer

Quote: Yeah, this "feature" is not likely to be implemented any time soon. I personally do not find it to be a big issue, but then again, I trust my players... Local Vault/non-passworded games are certainly a different story.

Actually we're looking at adding this for a future patch. Don't know which patch it will make it into at this point.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
  2. NewsPro Gems: 30/31

(Originally posted by Alauriel)

Pity about not having romances, but thanks for the news :D

3. NewsPro Gems: 30/31

(Originally posted by Veldrin)

No Problem

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.