1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New Bioware Game: Mass Effect

Discussion in 'Mass Effect Series' started by Eldular, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Bioware has announced a new game, Mass Effect:

"By the year 2204 man kind has spread throughout the galaxy. They have fought to earn their place among more advanced alien civilizations. Yet when an ancient evil awakes, only one extraordinary human can save them."

Mass Effect Community.

Sounds like a good game, looks like one too, check out the trailer! They also have a contest up, prize is an Xbox 360.

2. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

So far, it looks like their succesful formula, mixed with a bit of Halo. I certainly will be keeping my eye on it, and if I should ever get a 360, I might pick up this game.

And people, do not enter the Xbox 360 contest. The less people participate, the better chance I have of winning it. :p

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ha too late! I already did. It would make a very nice addition to our home with the new game in it!

4. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Oh poo, its for xbox360 only!! I didnt want to have to buy it. The swines.

5. Steeze Gems: 10/31

The graphics on this game look like the best i've ever seen.Alot of new xbox games(including Mass Effet) will coming out that are extremely good, but only for xbox 360. Hopefully I shall be able to replace my old xbox with one, but I am not getting my hopes up...

Edit: Sorry Mesmero, but I'm entering the contest aswell

Edit:Just a question about entering the contest, at the bottom of the page it says something about answering a skill question. But when I was on the page asking me if my email was correct and I pressed enter, all that happened was that the enter button went away. Is this right?

[ October 07, 2005, 02:15: Message edited by: Terthe ]

6. Eldular Gems: 10/31

Win a 360.... Must answer question?
    Check out that link, directs you to a topic in Mass Effect's official forum. If you are selected to win, then you (among other possible winners) are asked to take a 'skill testing question' (usually something to do with math), it's a law in Canada :rolleyes: .

7. Steeze Gems: 10/31

oh ok get it now, thanks Eldular

8. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

:rolleyes: Can't they come up with something better?

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Originality is dead and buried, haven't you heard? :shake:

10. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    I don't like it when game designers build a game for only one specific platform.

11. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

@Drugar:
    Same here. I only play two platforms: PC and Nintendo. I'm still searching for FFX for the PC and having no luck, but I'm never going to buy a PS2 just to play it. I'm also never going to get an XBox just to play this either. So to hell with them. :p

12. Eldular Gems: 10/31

@Elvenblade: The ME bio team have stated that they don't want to reveal too much of the story, and that it isn't as simple as it seems.

@Drugar: Bioware has great relations with Microsoft, and Microsoft owns Xbox360, so go figure.

13. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Bioware... Good
    Xbox 360 .... NOT good

14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    BioWare good. M$ definitely not good.

Wonder if M$ is going to try and deliver the killing blow to the PC game industry and snatch a great share of the console market with the Xboxes instead. Whatever BioWare makes is bound to be a good game, but if it doesn't come out on the PC, I'm not going to play it.

15. Eldular Gems: 10/31

Only way I'll buy ME is if:

1. I win that contest (I can dream you know).
    2. I wait 'till it costs much less (The XBox 360).
    3. Someone buys one for me :D .

I am loving this game though.

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Another game abusing the definition of an RPG :rolleyes:

17. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I don't know, it looks like it could be good fun. I don't fancy shelling out for an X-Box 360 any time soon though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.