1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

OC crafting

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by SlickRCBD, Nov 14, 2013.

1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm looking for a list of all the recipes and uses for various reagents in the OC. I think there was a list on one of the forums, but I can't find it. I think it was on the defunct Bioware forum.
    I'm specifically looking for what you can use the various devices such as various alchemist apparatuses, the wizard's chests, and everything except Marrok's forge since there is an easy to find FAQ on that.

I've tried searching but not having much luck. I did find a reference from Taluntain nine years ago that mentioned that there should be an FAQ for this on the site, but I can't find it. I looked at both the "walkthroughs and guides" and the "tips, tricks and hits" sections.

I must be overlooking something obvious, maybe I just glossed over the important one.

My gut says it was a post on the defunct Bioware forums, but darned if I can even find the bookmark.
    My searches with Google keep giving me stuff for SoTU & HoTU, or NWN2 OC, rather than the NWN1 recipes.

2. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Those appear to be for NWN2.

It's been a while, but as I recall there wasn't really crafting per se in NWN, there were just a few places where someone would make something for you if you had certain items.

[Whoops. :)] - Beren

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  4. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Exactly, I want to decide how many of each reagent I will keep and sell the rest. I'm in chapter two and I have almost a hundred of them between gargoyle skulls, fire beetle bellies, leather hides, plus assorted others and I don't think I can carry them all to Luskin as I don't have enough bags of holding and similar.

Hence a list of crafting for now and the future.

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I found this place that talks about Eltoora and Marrock which are the only ones I remember that allow you to create some items. Though I never played a magic-user so I never did it.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  7. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Blackthorn's link leads to a 404 error.

The first listing (Colthrun's Arcane Crafting Book (Submitted)) is primarily for the expansions, but you can still craft wands in the OC using the bones left behind by skeletons. I was referring to the recipes that use other things such as the fire beetle's bellies in the OC. The guide is helpful, but only uses the crafting added in the expansions, not the item creation by other methods only in the OC.

The third one is for Marrick's forge (Marrok's Recipes of the Forge by Master of Nuhn (Submitted)), and I mentioned that I had already found that one.

I was looking for a list of what you can make that includes the things from that subquest in chapter two, and the additional subquests in chapter 3 or anything that uses reagents to make items.

Might I also add that on that same page, all the links to the " Neverwinter Nights Official Forum Guides " are broken? I'm pretty sure the list I remember seeing was on that same forum.

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hmm, some of the downloadable walkthroughs might also contain sections on crafting but I'm not really sure about that. As for the links, yea, I'm not sure if any of that content that got wiped along with BioWare's forums was recovered anywhere... would need to do some digging.

9. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Hm. I guess you waited too long to check. The link was working when I posted it... :)

Here's what it says on the home page of that site:

Hey there!

Sorry about the mess, just tidying up. If you came here from elsewhere you quite possibly bumped into a 'page not found' message... I've temporarily removed some 2,000 photos and articles and am cleaning them up and restoring them as fast as I can, but it takes time. If you need help with something in particular, ask and I'll restore it. ~ Paul

10. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    For some reason I'm not getting all the alerts on the NWN forum, yet I get daily BG2 alerts. I'm subscribed to both of them.
    I can't figure out why I don't get alerts.
    I see in the deleted items an alert from the 14th, then another on the 19th and one today. Before that is the 10th, and that's it. I should have gotten one on the 13th and 15th, along with dates on another thread I started that I know I missed an alert for but don't feel like tracking down the exact dates.

It's really odd because the BG2 and IWD2 forums are sending me alerts properly and I'm subscribed to them using the exact same method.

11. Taluntain

Media:
    I'd sooner blame something in your mail settings or provider than the forums... it's not very likely that it'd work for all forums but one. I've subscribed now myself just in case so we'll see.

12. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I blame the provider, since I've checked the "junk" folder and the "trash". It's really strange that ONLY the NWN forums seem to be dropping alerts. If it was every forum I could somewhat understand that something was blocking BoM, but only NWN forums?

It's my old Hotmail account. It's also set to only allow messages from specific senders or domains, with everything else going to junk, or at least it used to be. With all the revisions (now called Outlook), I'll have to look at them again.
    In theory, anything that is blocked by settings I can change should go to the "junk" folder. Or so they claim. It's been a Microsoft product for about 13 years or so now. I've had it since 1996, before Microsoft. It's my first e-mail, and does get a lot of spam because I didn't know how to protect myself and made some posts with my real address to Usenet back in the '90s.

13. Taluntain

Media:
    I seem to be getting notifications from this forum just fine...

14. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I just received a report on a Yahoo group on a completely unrelated forum that Hotmail is blocking alerts from a fanfiction site called fanficauthors.net that also explains why I'm missing some alerts from them too, so I'm assuming it's Microsoft's fault. Interestingly enough, the site owner happened to be on that forum and responded that Microsoft might keep doing it unless you pay to be one of their "partners" if anybody complains about the e-mails they get from him, and some people are too stupid to unsubscribe from the alerts they requested, not realizing that they actually did "opt in" to them.

So, since I'm having an identical problem with two different sites, where only SOME of the e-mail update alerts get blocked, I'm assuming the problem is Microsoft, not you.

I'm thinking of abandoning the hotmail account again except for certification and other Microsoft related issues. I did for a few years, then came back when I had to use it to get my MCSA and MCDST back in 2005 & 6.

Cecily Griselda and Taluntain like this.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.