1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pink Dragon Disciples of the World Unite!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Bion, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Hmm, when I check Tal's profile, I just see the current avatar and a white-haired IE mage paperdoll in red robes...

While I agree that Tal almost certainly has sorcerous powers, I don't at all agree that the pseudodragon is a familiar (and so I also can't agree that it sheds any light on Tal's true alignment).

This is not only for the reasons above, where I think any sufficiently sophisticated hermeneutics would have to emphasize the repeated hints of falsity and deception. Why would Tal use his familiar as an avatar? No, it seems to me pretty clear that the "psuedo" dragon is simply another manifestation of Tal himself, another set of clues for to approach an understanding of Tal in all his pink glory...

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

@Bion:
    From Taluntain himself:
    Maybe he had just acquired his familiar and was so proud of its cuteness that he had to show it off. Whatever his reason, he outright said that it was a familiar, and that's good enough for me. :p
    :idea: Pseudodragons are red-brown in color, so with an adequately crappy digital camera and some blurring from movement it might have looked almost pinkish. But now that Tal has managed to get a better digital camera and convinced his familiar to pose for it, perhaps now we're just getting a better look at it (notice that there are no points of reference for size).

3. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    No, no, no, no! Do you not see it, Felinoid? He is just trying to shut us up, because he fear we might unvocer the real truth: he wants to dominate the world, with SP as his base! As all Dragons (especially pink ones!), he lust for power and riches...

I've got a sketch of how he might look. It's created from some of the various thoughts posted in this thread. Have a look! :lol:

4. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

@Fel: note: "a pseudo_dragon familiar", not "my pseudodragon familiar"...

@olim: :shake:

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    @Olim: Indeed quite fearsome. :lol:

6. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

@Olim: The finishing touch for this dread creature was the mouth but where is the tin of Spam ?

I think it's safe for me to come back now I'vw realised my aura of fear negates his cute aura so we can just chat to each draco o draco

7. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :heh: I couldn't add everything 'ya know ;)
    Also thought about adding a cone of cotton candy, but concluded that there would be too much pink in it :lol:
    Anyways, I'm pretty sure that Tal would agree that this pic resembles his pink dragon form pretty well :shake: , no?

8. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Aura of Fear and Aura of Cuteness I dont think really cancel each other out... maybe if you had Aura of Horror, then they would... but Im not sure... >_>

9. Ofelix

Media:
    No Aura of Uglyness would negate an Aura of Cuteness. It's an aura of Courage that would negate an aura of fear.

10. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31

Yes that would do it. It would be like two Medusas in a staring contest, neither would turn to stone, they would just get knocked unconscious. lol

I just had a giggle-fit over my imaginings on this one: Can you imagine two Pink SOYC* Dragons in a Aura of Cuteness face-off? lmao.

They would get so ridiculously cute to onlookers that it would drive a person temporarily insane. hehehe

*SYOC: Substance of Your Choice.

11. Ofelix

Media:
    Indeed, mein dame

Imagine this scene:

Melvin: Hello, Sofia
    Sofia: Hello, eh where's Tomas?
    Melvin: Oh! You wouldn't believe it!
    Sofia: Tell me anyway
    Melvin: We encountered THREE dragons, Alas Tomas didn't make it.
    Sofia: Three dragons?! My gods the poor lad, what did they breath fire at him?
    Melvin: Well, no. Two fired cotton candy and the other one SPAM. Then Tomas was glued to the spot, he just died. I think he died of overwhelming cuteness
    Sofia: What kind of Dragon have that kind of.... of...power?
    Melvin: Why, Pink Dragons!

12. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31

13. olimikrig

Media:
    :heh: hehe. Ofelix, you're :nuts:

14. Ofelix

Media:
    Olimikrig, Well well I am crazy ain't it? Well That's somthing. In case you didn't know mister Golem, You are the one who are talking to a gem :) :D :grin: :lol: So who's the more crazy?

15. olimikrig

Media:
    As stated earlier: I'm just a stupid golem. What do I know? :lol: :lol: :lol:

16. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

@Bion:
    But why would he show us someone else's familiar? That just doesn't make sense.

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The things I've seen on SP...talking gems are the least :nuts: things around.

18. Ofelix

Media:
    Does it bother you that that this threat has more none sense and crazyness than RBBs? And that this one is 107 post long? It can only mean one thing; We have too much, much time in our hand, and it's wrongly used. So sayeth THE Ofelix, the talkative gem

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You're worried about having too much time on *your* hands? You're a freakin' gem! Look at me: six hands! Aside from keeping the lesser demons in line. I have nothing to keep me occupied.

20. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

@Ofelix - hey, one gem to another - the magma man there probably looks upon us as kin, you realize. :)

@Bion
    Okay, while I pride myself on an excessively verbose, loquacious and sesquipedal vocabulary, even I have to stop and say:

WTF?!?

{takes a few moments to throw a new word into the ol' online dictionary...}

Huh. "the study of the methodological principles of interpretation (as of the Bible)" Okay, but use of the word 'falsity' is completely unnecessary with the perfectly adequate 'falsehood' available; to pull an obscure piece of diction out would indicate...

:eek: :idea:

OMG. I can't believe I didn't see it sooner - my stint as "Chair of the Committee for Conspiracy, Confusion, Disinformation, Misdirection and Generally Keeping People in the Dark" (hereafter referred to a little more conveniently as "CfCCDM&GKTPITD") should have made me notice a filibuster tactic!

Everyone - Bion's a shill - a plant; he's just trying to mislead us and delay any real deduction about this topic!!! Oh, and soylent green is people! People - do you understand?!? And "To Serve Man" is a cook book!!!

;)

Anyway, I seriously think there's collusion to sidetrack Fel's investigation into these things...probably the same level of seriousness as how Terry Pratchett deals with questions on the lack of continuity with his continuing novel series. :lol:

Ow...now my throat hurts from all that frenzied yelling...

/me wanders off in search of a soothing throat lozenge.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.