1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Procrastinators Unite!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Falstaff, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

[​IMG] So, how many of you find yourself procrastinating by cruising the SP forums when you know that you should be working on that very important project?

Come on, you know you do it...

Currently, I am putting off: working on a conference paper on Jack London, writing a prospectus for my master's thesis, and reading Michel Foucault's The Order of Discourse.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 27 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Procrastinators Unite! (27 votes.)

Do you often find yourself using the SP forums for procrastination purposes? (Choose 1)
    * NO! I never procrastinate! - 0% (0)
    * Yes, I sometimes put things off by reading Falstaff's most recent brilliant post. - 48% (13)
    * Uh, I think I am going to put this one off for a while... - 52% (14)

2. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Im putting off doing my chemistry coursework (this friday), my english coursework (next friday), my history coursework (next friday), revision for my electoronics test (this friday), drama homework (tomorrow), revision for all subjects - except maths and drama - for my GCSE mocks (less than 3 weeks till the start).

Ah well i start all this work in about 20 minutes + however long it takes me to eat my tea.

3. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

[​IMG] My GCSE mocks start next wednesday, and here I am posting away, while there's a French reading paper burning a hole in my bag...

4. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Big time physics midterm in two days.

Now let's see what's going on in the Random Babbling thread...

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I'll vote later ... to busy looking at the um-tenth post on "The Perfect Party" for IWD2.

Wonder when the next Lord of the Rings party will be discussed.

Maybe I'll do a "Tales of Fire and Ice" Party thread .. that would be original. (ya think Jon Snow might be a ranger???)

6. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Math, I did a slightly Ice and Fire party in IWD, well it was only with the Clegane brothers but it worked anyway ;)
    Jon IS a ranger, wielding a bastardsword only, no shield and no dualwield.

eep! *offtopic*

[ November 14, 2002, 18:17: Message edited by: joacqin ]

7. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Why do things today when you can also do it tomorrow? I have a lot of things to do, but there is also a good movie on tv tonight. Well, that's a hard choice watching tv or doing something I don't like to do.

8. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

joacqin -- I'll complain about that...

LATER!!!

9. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I'm putting off life in general.
    Right now, I'm putting off getting offline and doing something productive.

10. Farthy Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

[​IMG] Who can earnestly say they have never procrastinated? Isn't coming here a form of procrastinating? I mean, it means "putting something off until later". I'm sure EVERYONE here has something to do, be it homework, studying, research, buying a present, eating, or using the bathroom. I say that there is never a time in which there is no work to do.

That said, I consider all forms of entertainment like this procrastinating because there is always important work, at least for me. However, I also believe procrastination is necessary because without it, most of us would die. Also, if you don't procrastinate, you're not human (or dwarf for that matter)...

11. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

... Got to get back to writing my story for English...

12. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Of course I procastrewotsit, I've got an english book to read, and an entire section of Maths to do, but, this site is addictive

13. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Ya, I meant to reply to this, but I just never got around to it untill now. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.