1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: The SP Order of Ancientness 2006

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Harbourboy, Oct 11, 2006.

1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

23 here... also had a B&W TV.

Yeah, Betamax... I remember indeed. Crappy, that was. I also remember back in the days when CDs were marginal...

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well...this year I got to jump one age bracket down since I just turned 22. :D

Still part of the majority though... :rolling:

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Not according to the current poll results, you're not.

5. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Do I haf ta be in the oldest group SP has?
    I remember when color tv's first went on sale.

Hey, how about a b\w Barney?

6. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I'm 18, and when people were using Windows 95, I was using SHELL and DAT disks...

7. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I see that the small minority of wankers has imprinted that into your brain Harbs. Then again, I probably would rebel a bit more if I wasn't so lazy. And the fact that I now have my licence probably doesnt help that fact either seeing as I can hurl an egg and drive off faster than I could on the run. :D :holy: :holy: :holy:

8. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

25 and I went from a Spectrum 128K to windows 98!

9. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm 22, so I've moved up a group. I must say though , I've never seen a black and white TV!
    My younger days were filled with He-Man and Thunderbirds. But then I turned 22 and mummy said I had to put the videos away. Hey, can you remember them? VHS videos! They were huge. I saw one of those the other day, Idropped it on my foot and broke 3 of my toes. Huge things they were.

10. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

35 and loving it, I geuss! Matchbox and GI Joes (the tall ones that had removable clthes) were the toys of my youth.

^Dude, I remember reel to reel movie player.

11. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

18, with my best days behind me.

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    DOS 5.0 on XT. :shake: And I think I had an older version before, actually. :D 640 KB RAM is enough for everyone! :shake: And who needs hard disk, anyway. :shake:

13. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

22 - 29 (There was a time before colour TV?)
    28 am I still

14. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Thirty-Seven!!! Shocking, just shocking! Although I can't complain - I never thought I'd see 30 when "The Day After" aired in 1983!!!

15. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I was born that year. Coincidence?

16. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    17 for me.

Looks like the 17-21 group is still winning, HB.

17. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

I've joined the 30 plus group and we did use to have a black & white TV in the house. (It was the "third" TV, and located in the understairs cupboard with the two betamax video recorders and stereo system which distibuted sound and vision to the rest of the house)

From memory, all of the TV's had a wood finish. Now there's a retro look that hasn't returned yet. Could be a good marketing gimic for monitors as well.

First computer was the spectrum 48k rubber keys, although Dad brought home a BBC workstation from the college.

18. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I remember when TV had 5 channels: 3, 6, 10, 29, & 48 (29 & 48 were UHF channels)!!! :eek:

19. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Heh, our TV can only select 4 different channels. None of this Sky or channel 5 for us.

20. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nowadays, TV is all about 6 numbers: 4 8 15 16 23 42. All in color, though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.