1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rage demon - Soldier's peak

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by Triactus, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    I'm having quite a hard time with the rage demon on the second floor of soldier's keep. The way I understand it, the skeletons are constantly healing the demon? I bashed away the four skeleton, but after a while, they come back and just like that, the demon is full strength... Do they come back after a fixed amount of time? Do they only come back once or twice?

2. koliva Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I just ignored the skeletons after the first wave. Alas, i don't have a save from before the fight, so I can't find out under what conditions they re-spawn or heal the boss.

3. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I had Wynne heal the tanks (Alister and Lelian) and my mage took out the skeletons. It worked out and took little time to take out the Rage Demon.

4. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    You have to take down the skeletons first and then get rid of the rage demon then. The skeletons didn't have the time to come back in my game so I can't say if they are meant to come back over and over again (if they came back once then there must be a script that respawns them after a certain time so they'd probably come back until you can kill the rage demon).

Some fights are hard and it really depends on your party. Mages are incredibly useful (cone of cold is a really great spell) and Rogues can dish a lot of damage when a foe is stunned.

So ignore the demon until you've dispatched the skeletons and then focus all your party members on the rage demon if you manage to stun him you can dish a lot of damage and be done with it.

5. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

If you are a mage the staff you find in the Peak totally makes the cold spells AWESOME... I'm still waiting to use it as I am one point off on the magic required, though it will be sweet once I can as it will allow me to incrase the damage of my cold attacks. Hello Blizzard and Cone of Cold... I also have the gloves that increase my electrical attacks.. Tempus and Lighting Bolt...

6. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Haha, I complained a bit too early. I tried several combos, but I never could bring the demon to less than half of his health before the skeletons reappeared (along with two greater rage demons). I was going to freak out, but I decide to beat the second wave to see what happened... Well, they... *ahem* don't appear a third time... I just should have fought off the second wave in the first place before complaining... :lol:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.