1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread 120

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ok so what else is new? Any of you guys have a life-changing event or visited a new country or decided you're going to run away and join the circus or anything?

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm a lawyer -- the circus comes to me on a daily basis!

4. Dice

Media:
    Well that's a start. So you get to see the good in people on a daily basis then .... :p

5. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Well, I'm making a u-turn in my life, more or less. Different job, different diet, different workout, different home, etc. I think the only remaining constant is my RP sessions.

Edit: Oh, and Guild Wars 2. It would be poor form if the guild leader just up and left. :shake:

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Good, bad, weird - yup. All of that.

7. Dice

Media:
    So how does that affect your perspective of life then dmc?

8. dmc

Media:
    Eh, my perspective hasn't changed all that much recently. I've seen some pretty weird characters over the years so I just take them as they come. Mostly, I look for the humor in things.

9. Dice

Media:
    That's a good way to handle life I think. Looking for the humor in things. I don't have a job right now but I'm doing enough volunteering that I should be paid. In fact I'm coordinating volunteers for an art gallery and they've put me on the lead team. The weird thing for me is that the gallery is essentially run by a church and I'm agnostic. Make's me feel kind of like a secret agent or something :p

10. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I tend to look for the humor in things, but I don't think many people appreciate me laughing at their misfortune.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ho Ho H-oh, wait. I woke up a bit late. :shake:

12. Dice

Media:
    What? Is your bed too comfy?

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hard to say. Some days I wake up all refreshed and others like I haven't had any sleep at all.

14. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
  15. Taluntain

Media:
    Yea, I don't think it's quite that bad though. I'd sooner blame it on the mattress being a bit too hard for my liking than anything else.

16. dmc

Media:
    There is no such thing as a mattress that is too hard! Concrete would be fine.

17. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
  18. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    DMC, why do you have a bed if concrete is fine for you?

I tried it once (well, concrete covered with linoleum, at least), but it was not a success. My shoulders and hips start to hurt after a while, if the mattress is really rock hard.

19. dmc

Media:
    I was, slightly, exaggerating. My mattress is the hardest one I could find after searching through several stores. I sleep well every night and feel great when I wake up. YMMV.

20. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Hard mattresses and pillows are fine for people who sleep on their back. For those of us who sleep on our side or on our belly, it's can be impossible to get a decent night's sleep on one.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.